All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Same with Windows and Linux. Android is the outlier my friend Really? You should know that many ditch the crappy iOS for Android: https://www.cnet.com/news/more...n-for-androids-study-says/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.cnet.com/news/more...in-for-androids-study-says/ And by no luck! iOS 13 struggles to offer what android does offer since many years ago. I have switched from iOS (12.0.1) to Android 8 and never looked back. More features != best. There's something to be said about bloat, which Android devices suffer dearly from. At the end of the day, it's about personal opinion and each user's needs. If somebody wants a simple OS that isn't bulked up with unneeded features, then iOS is a leading candidate for that. If somebody wants unlimited freedom with a huge amount of preinstalled features, then Android better fits that need. There's no "best" option across the board...
  3. Uber rolls out ‘Check Your Ride' notifications for users worldwide to boost safety by Paul Hill Uber has announced that it’s rolling out Check Your Ride in-app reminders and push notifications to users worldwide in a bid to boost safety. The new alerts will encourage users to check that they’re getting into the right car before they begin their journey. The feature was previously launched in the U.S. after Samantha Josephson got into a car that she thought was her Uber and was found dead. When a customer chooses to follow the Check Your Ride instructions, they’ll be asked to match the license plate number, the make and model of the vehicle, and the driver’s photo. As an optional step, users can ask the driver to confirm their (the passenger's) name as the driver will have information about them, and likewise, the driver can ask the passenger to confirm the driver’s name. The firm is requesting that experienced users help drunk friends or those new to the app with Check Your Ride to ensure their safety too. Explaining what to do if the details do not match up, Uber’s Law Enforcement Liaison, Wade Stormer, said: “If the information doesn’t match up, do not get into the car. Go to a safe place and wait for the right car to arrive, or cancel the ride and report it to us. In an emergency or if you feel threatened, contact law enforcement immediately by dialing 911 or the equivalent in whatever country you are in and inform us of the incident when it’s safe to do so.” For the most part, Uber rides are safe, however, if you want to get a bit more reassurance about the measures the company takes, be sure to check out its commitment to safety information.
  4. Xilo

Anti-Adblock Alert

Showing the alert on every page is pretty ridiculous. Looks like I'm done with neowin.
  5. margrave

Apple might buy Intel's cellular modem division

I'm really wanting to see next years iPhones. Their own modems and maybe not build in China sounds promising. Also hoping for no notch. Otherwise I'll just stay Android.
  6. Plus I don't understand the need to make phones bezels. I mean Jesus, we need something to hold onto without our fingers touching just the screen. Not to sound like a broken record, but look at the v20. The screen looks great, bezels look fine camera position is fine, size is fine, the fingerprint reader and power button on the back is great and it feels great in the hand.
  7. VHMP01

Apple might buy Intel's cellular modem division

Good luck with more anti innovative crap as apple is used to!
  8. If you want a pencil then you want something that works (i.e. not jittering, lag and such). So the question is, what is the quality of this pencil?
  9. techbeck

What are you playing?

I am liking it so far. At first, I was hesitant to buy it. Partially because of the cost for a game that is a few years old. And partially because it was a diff take from the rest of the Far Cry games. But it was on sale for like 75% off so I bought it. Typical FC game really cept for the guns. Save the people, gather resources, and build up your town to fight back. Pretty cool you can tame beasts/animals to fight with you and you can command them. You can also ride animals like the sabertooth cats and woolly mammoths. Have not tried that yet.
  10. margrave

Fifa packs and loot boxes 'not gambling' in UK

I think everyone should just never buy any game with loot boxes. The only way to get the industry's attention is to take their money away.
  11. Source This is an interesting decision, especially because of the article that was published recently by Neowin. I'm not a fan of loot boxes at all, especially given the odds of players getting that they want. Some of the more talented players in FIFA have 4.5% chance of being unlocked. I used to think that loot boxes that didn't affect game play in any way were better, but what I didn't know was the huge market for selling accounts with these items or selling just these items. It's just seems nuts to me.
  12. Today
  13. Apple files patent for mixed reality headset with gesture recognition capabilities by Namerah Saud Fatmi In April 2018, a report surfaced indicating that Apple was working on mixed reality glasses. Towards the end of last year in August, the Cupertino-based tech giant acquired Akonia Holographics, a maker of lenses for AR glasses. Now, the USPTO has published an Apple patent for an advanced AR/VR headset capable of tracking facial expressions and gestures. Filed on March 21, 2019, the patent was published a few days ago on July 18, 2019. It details a wearable mixed reality device with a head-mounted display which offers the wearer a virtual view of the surrounding area in 3D combined with a layer of augmented content. It further describes a number of various sensors located in the head-mounted display which are capable of collecting information about the wearer's environment such as lighting, depth, video, images, and - the most interesting part - another set of sensors which can collect information about the wearer such as eye movement, facial expressions, blinking and hand gestures. The information gathered by the sensors on the head-mounted display is then transmitted as inputs to a controller which then renders frames including virtual content partially based on the information collected. Setting aside the technical details, the application of this technology in the real world opens up a plethora of possibilities. For example, users of this Apple headset could simply raise an eyebrow or blink twice to interact with applications or software on the mixed reality system. Perhaps the company is close to launching its mixed reality wearable device. Considering this recently published patent, it can be expected that Apple might come out with some unique new features yet to be seen in the AR and VR headset industry. Source: USPTO (1), (2)
  14. dipsylalapo

What are you playing?

Be interested to know your thoughts on Primal. It was a little hit and miss for me and it took me a long time to get interested in it.
  15. hello dear all - well to be frank: this is a error on a website - on a apache server i run.. I hope i have choosen the right forum. got an error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - but Webadmin is running well - any ideas !? what can i do now stop and start the apache !? 1> [auth_digest:notice] [pid 30493] AH01757: generating secret for digest authentication ... 2> PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/php5/lib64/php.ini on line 314 in Unknown on line 0 3> PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/php5/lib64/php.ini on line 315 in Unknown on line 0 4> PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/php5/lib64/php.ini on line 316 in Unknown on line 0 5> PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/php5/lib64/php.ini on line 318 in Unknown on line 0 6> [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 30493] AH00163: Apache/2.4.25 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1j configured -- resuming normal operations 7> [core:notice] [pid 30493] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -D SYSTEMD' 8> [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 30493] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down any idas - look forward to hear from you
  16. The one thing I liked about the s7 is I could use it with one hand Still using my S7 it has great battery life and still like new so when my contract ends I will go sim only deal until there is a notchless phone available that is pocket friendly. I gave it to my girlfriend and she does not have much issue with battery life on that phone. Maybe it's the 8 Google accounts I had on the phone
  17. cork1958

Vivaldi 2.6.1566.49

The customisation is 1 of the best things in this browser. Yeah, you can customize it, but the plain amount of settings is ridiculous, IMO. Talk about over kill. Just looked at the settings and i don't see how it's over kill, what do you want them to do remove the settings that you personally don't use when others may use them? In that case i don't need the mouse gesture options or customisation of the themes, the network proxy settings, the keyboard quick commands, my point being all those are going to be useful to someone even if its not me or you and they don't get in the way if you don't need them. Not arguing with you. Just stating that all those settings are ridiculous, IMO, as I said above. Most people wouldn't have a clue what all those things do even.
  18. vf-

Anti-Adblock Alert

At least it hasn't went like Autosport all those years ago. You get 3 - 6 page views a month then forced to subscribe if you want to read the site.
  19. OneUI / Samsung Experience offers many useful features to the point where I don't like the stock experience anymore. The big benefit to the stock experience is fast updates. I'd then have to download apps to add features back in that Samsung baked in w/ OneUI, but most of these apps aren't polished to Samsung's level. My wife has a Pixel device, but apart from the camera / fast updates, I am not a fan of the stock experience. Having said all that, I would still love to see Samsung flagship Android devices on Android One, because the selection of Android One phones is just plain meh (low/mid end devices). Having a choice would be great.
  20. Govt of India is already providing 1,40,000 INR money for pucca house, 12,000 INR for building toilets to poor peoples, free LPG Gas connections for cooking food and cheapest food grains to below poverty line people. Also people are befitting from health scheme which provides free treatment up-to 5,00,000. And there are many other schemes which are used by millions of people and thus improving their daily lives. The budget for Chandrayan-II is not even a pinch of salt when it comes to spending on schemes for the poor and marginalized people here in India.
  21. techbeck

What are you playing?

Finished all of AC Odyssey DLCs. Which sucks since I really enjoyed the game. Finished Zelda BOTW as well. So now playing Far Cry Primal since it was recently on sale. Don't know why a game that is a few years old was still $50-$60, but the sale was nice.
  22. I wish Samsung would make Android One phones. Their hardware is beautiful and feels like good quality, but I really don't like the whole Samsung software lock-in. And then when you try to flash a cleaner ROM, you void your warranty and basically screw up your whole device. I did this and now I can't use NFC payment and Secure Folders anymore. Too bad, I love the hardware but because of this, it's no more Samsung for me ever again :-(
  23. SnoopZ

Anti-Adblock Alert

I think this is a disaster for this site, every 4 page views you say? I get it on every artical on the home page as well as on the neowin logo. Looks like I'll be looking around for an alternative site when on PC, this is the best way to scare off new members, talk about digging your own grave.
  24. riot

Anti-Adblock Alert

This obviously isn't working as intended and should be disabled until you can troubleshoot it. When I loaded the main page, I got the pop-up. Clicked my first article, and got the pop-up. Finished the article and hit the back button, got the pop-up. This is ridiculous.
  25. Samsung rolls out a bunch of improvements to the Galaxy Watch Active by Jay Bonggolto Samsung has released a set of fresh updates to the Galaxy Watch Active that significantly improves Bixby along with new features for the smartwatch. The latest release focuses on the wearable's fitness capabilities and more intuitive user experience. The software update allows you to use Bixby to begin customized exercises or control SmartThings devices, among others, using natural command language. The update also refreshes the Galaxy Watch Active’s app tray UI, making searches and navigation on the smartwatch more intuitive. The Goodnight Mode has also received quite a few changes including its dedicated view and an option for users to make a single button press for a quick time check when this mode is enabled. Plus, Samsung says it provides added convenience during nighttime by disabling notification alerts. That's on top of the customizations you can do to Goodnight Mode's settings and alert conditions. As a smartwatch that was launched earlier this year with a focus on health and fitness features, the updated Galaxy Watch Active has added swimming to its recognized activities. That means the smartwatch is now automated to record your swimming routines. Its new Heart Rate – Low Alert capability also sends you alerts when it detects an anomaly with your heart rate with respect to the value you've set for 10 minutes. In addition, it's now easier to access breathing rate information and guidance from the updated user interface of Samsung Health’s Breathe Guide. Samsung has also introduced a set of new straps exclusive for Galaxy Watch Active users. The straps feature a FKM rubber for comfort during your exercise routines and built-in reflective attributes to aid in visibility when light from the environment is limited.
  26. Cool, so when it inevitably breaks down, all passengers will be asphyxiated. Ideal !
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?