All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wonder what they were counting down to (if that was indeed a countdown in the blocky video)
  3. ..ok...aside from that ... can the actual hover be different than what it shows. So, the hover shows a legit www.google.com ... but it actually takes you to bing.com If that makes sense? I think that is what the OP is asking...which I do not think is possible (not counting your example of using O and 0...and similar spoofing techniques)
  4. No? This is a minimum hardware requirement for OEMs to follow, it stops them from making and selling any new devices with less than 32GB of storage if they plan to run v1903. Hopefully you're correct and that's all that is. Guess we'll see...
  5. warwagon

Do Facepalms count towards likes?

I just wish reaction counts didn't apply in domestic politics. Because it's hard to compete on this forum as a whole with wakjak as far as "Winning the day". Every time he insults trump everyone mashes the like button. Then someone says something pro Trump and gets a ton of facepalms none of which count towards a like count. That trump thread is a like factory if your anti trump. Just an observation. You know that's where he spends all of his time on this forum. This week alone 241 likes 4th place is 81.
  6. Well sure it could be - something with IDN or unicode.. link could look like it goes to xyz but goes to https://www.plixer.com/blog/network-security/unicode-domain-phishing-attacks/ Or could be something like being NE0WIN.NET vs NEOWIN.NET where the other is a 0 vs an 0.. hover might help you spot the nonsense spam stuff, etc.. - but you should actually look at source code of the email to be sure.
  7. He is asking if the hover can be spoofed ... so in your example can the hovered www.google.com be spoofed to take you another site like cnn.com Which I do not think is possible...in emails anyway?
  8. We have it automatically remove profiles after 15 days. It can be set to less. It's a little longer logging in, but keeps them fairly clean. Also, with SSDs, it's not nearly at big of an issues day to day. I just got a Stream to play with, but it's 64GB. It have 42GB of 57GB out of the box with nothing else, so 15GB of storage used.
  9. Jim K

Do Facepalms count towards likes?

No. They are null
  10. you mean this..? I sent a link that looks like it goes to neowin, but when hover over it actually points to google.. Your asking for the hover could say neowin, but actually take you to google
  11. I was just wondering if facepalms count towards likes?
  12. I would argue 32GB is also crap systems. 64GB is manageable and I've used a bunch of 64GB SSD's. I agree, prices on bigger SSD's are always dropping, 64GB should be the base depending on the price of the device. For something that costs more though, I think even 128GB should be dropped with 256GB being the base on higher end devices. Still, MS doesn't push req so much so quick, just to keep the OEMs from having a hissy fit.
  13. warwagon

Sandboxie 5.30

The Windows sandbox is not included in the home edition so there's plenty of marketspace for them still. Plus, isn't it Windows 10 inside Windows 10?
  14. the problem is more with tablets. sub $300 tablets tend to get shipped with 16gb or 32gb eMMC drives leaving little space for other apps to be installed and little room for Windows Update to store upgrade files. You can use a SD card for extra apps but I don't believe this helps with Windows Update. I have an 8" Dell tablet that I ALWAYS need to plug in a USB drive with their proprietary OTG+Power cable anytime there's a build upgrade. I bought it back in the Windows 8 days and even to upgrade to 8.1 I had to use a USB drive. But even new tablets in that price range haven't improved any on that front. Just look at the reviews of some of those ****** 32 emmc laptops on Amazon. They get the laptop and try to install Office and there is so little space they can't even do that.
  15. No it does not. All the bloated junk came with Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 2000 is only 300 mb of installation or 450+ XP. Last time I checked Windows 10 is 3.8Gb of garbage.
  16. Slack announces new features for Zoom meetings, Zoom Phone incoming by Jay Bonggolto Zoom, a video conferencing and online meeting platform, was first integrated with Slack in 2015. The partnership has since provided Slack users a way to make video calls with their teammates via Zoom's cloud-based video conferencing service. Today, the two companies have renewed their partnership as Slack announced a number of new capabilities coming to its team communication platform. The Zoom app for Slack is set to receive a new update that will allow you to view meeting details first before joining the video call from Slack. Additionally, you can have your default setting for your workspace’s phone icon changed to Zoom. This change allows you to open your conversation in Zoom when you tap the phone in Slack. Slack also unveiled new calendar integrations that will allow you to send messages and mentions via the platform to the email address of a new hire, for example, even if they have not joined Slack yet. A new feature is also arriving on Slack in the future called Zoom Phone, allowing you to call Slack users over a cellular, data or WiFi connection using the phone number they've listed on their account. The new feature announcement comes on the heels of Slack's new integrations for Microsoft's Office 365 that enable users to connect Slack to OneDrive and their Outlook calendar and email.
  17. I don't believe the hover tag can be spoofed. My company does the same kind of email tests using proofpoint so I know exactly what you mean
  18. the problem is more with tablets. sub $300 tablets tend to get shipped with 16gb or 32gb eMMC drives leaving little space for other apps to be installed and little room for Windows Update to store upgrade files. You can use a SD card for extra apps but I don't believe this helps with Windows Update. I have an 8" Dell tablet that I ALWAYS need to plug in a USB drive with their proprietary OTG+Power cable anytime there's a build upgrade. I bought it back in the Windows 8 days and even to upgrade to 8.1 I had to use a USB drive. But even new tablets in that price range haven't improved any on that front.
  19. Must admit that I'm shocked. As a Mint user myself, I wish you well, friend. On my end, the only version of Windows 10 that is tolerable, is the LTSC version. Safe travels! Have 4 other computers with just Mint on them that I use way more often than the Windows 10 machines! Think I pretty much have the Windows machines tweaked to the max.
  20. Today
  21. Alright, I signed you up, enjoy!
  22. Highly doubt 100 million were sold. 2003-2010 is quite the time-frame so I'm sure it's at least in the thousands if not hundreds of thousands that were sold. Only 6 confirmed cases seems rather low for something sold in that time-frame.
  23. I would argue 32GB is also crap systems. 64GB is manageable and I've used a bunch of 64GB SSD's.
  24. So we have a super fast 5G protocol that cant travel any considerable amount of distance, nor penetrate any medium.... but now we have $1300 5G phones and have to pay extra on my Verizon plan just to access 5G. What a treat! Sign me up!
  25. Given how much newer Windows break compatibility with older stuff, I'd say the problem is something else rather than only supporting older code. breaking compatibility mean nothing. a change in code could break it but not necessary means code has been removed. windows is still bloated will code code from xp era sitting there and doing nothing or being used for service which probably no one ever uses
  26. Given how much newer Windows break compatibility with older stuff, I'd say the problem is something else rather than only supporting older code.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?