All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. that is because 22631 spec the base build 22621. All updates for the last year and a half have been delivered via cumulative updates. At the same time well that is happening, Microsoft continued to turn out new actual builds every week. All those bills have accumulated into what is now build 26090. Why Microsoft chose to deliver 23 H2 as cumulative update to 22 H2 but deliver 24 H2 as an actual build upgrade like the classic windows 10 features, I have no idea. Perhaps 24 H2 has some kernal level and other low level changes that cannot reliably be delivered as a relative update to 22 H2 base build. Allah ﷻ knows best. May Allah (S.W.T.) bestow upon you His Blessings and Guidance; Ameen.
  3. I would argue that you are conflating two ideas. Crunch culture is forcing your team to work over their hours when it gets close to a deadline, in order to ship the product according to management's timeline. Asking people to come back into the workplace rather than working from home is a completely different matter that has nothing to do with deadlines. It's management's way of being able to keep better tabs on their workforce. Again, I don't agree with either idea but there is a difference. The former is poor management, the latter is middle management thinking that they're losing their role in the company and trying to hold on to their job.
  4. Dude, we just want actual change notes on the given apps page with what's new in each update.
  5. Today
  6. Oh this is Sam Bankman. For a moment, I thought article was about Sam Altman then realized
  7. MS Bob 11

How to restore old Notepad in Windows 11

love the new Notepad. HOWEVER, the find box is horrible compared to the old one especially since you can't move it around or away from the Notepad window. That's the thing about the new Microsoft. Everything they do is half-baked and 1 step ahead, 3 or 10 steps backwards.
  8. MS Bob 11

How to restore old Notepad in Windows 11

I'm on the latest Windows 11 and my Notepad shows a clear difference between active window and inactive window. Maybe you are doing it wrong. OK maybe they fixed it, haven't tried the terrible Windows 11 in a while. Can you show a screenshot? Does it follow the SYSTEM title bar color for active window and inactive window?
  9. New report has set a May release time frame for new Apple iPad Pro and Air models by John Callaham Back in December 2023, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, who is normally a pretty accurate source for upcoming products from Apple, reported that the company had plans to launch new iPad Pro and iPad Air tablet devices sometime in March 2024. However, with March now almost over, it appears that those release date plans have changed. Today, Bloomberg and Gurman are now stating the new iPad models won't launch until sometime in early May 2024. Gurman added that Apple's parts suppliers "have ramped up production" to get the new iPad models out by that time frame. Previous unconfirmed reports have claimed the new iPad Pro models will be sold in 11-inch and 13-inch versions and will include Apple's in-house M3 processor. The biggest change for these tablets is that the Pro models will have OLED displays for the first time, which should offer a better display experience for owners. The launch of the new iPad Air models will reportedly include one with the current model's 10.9-inch display along with a new version with a larger 12.9-inch screen. We should also expect to see new accessories like a keyboard and a new Apple Pencil to launch at the same time. The report says that the delay in the new iPad launches was due to two factors. One was that the new screens, such as the OLED displays for the upcoming iPad Pro models, needed some more time due to "complex new manufacturing techniques". The other issue was that Apple reportedly needed more time to finish the software for the new tablets. The last version of the iPad Air was launched over two years ago on March 8, 2022. The current version of the iPad Pro launched in October 2022. It's been that long since any new iPad versions have been released, and that may be part of the reason why sales in that division have taken a downturn in recent Apple financial results.
  10. > Game reveals character creator nearly indistinguishable from every other RPG character creator in the last ten years.
  11. Sure, what you call a "political agenda or propaganda" is literally just seeing a black person or a woman that doesn't look like a bimbo. That is your projection onto me. That is none of my business and I relate only to what I said.
  12. The recently announced sentence was for 25 years. No mention of any possibility of parole, which should be denied until the full term is served.
  13. I give you 1mb to stay in the background for the one website that's broken in Firefox.
  14. ParadiseLost

Intel reveals Microsoft-provided guidelines of making an AI PC

Now Skynet(TM) enabled!
  15. Stoic reveals its character customization tools for its upcoming PC-Xbox game Towerborne by John Callaham The Banner Saga team at Stoic first announced plans for its all new game Towerborne in June 2023 at the Xbox Game Showcase, and also revealed Microsoft would publish the game for its Xbox and PC platforms. Today, the developer is pulling the curtain off of one of its features: character customization. In a post on the Towerborne website, Stotic team members Jason Findley (Lead 3D Character Artist), Jeff Murchie (Lead Concept Artist), and Pedro Toledo (Art Director) revealed the details of this feature. The game itself has players controlling an Ace, which is the name of a warrior assigned to protect and defend the Belfry, the last human community in a fantasy world that's been hit by some kind of apocalypse event. Players will be able to take their Ace to a place called the Mirror’s Wagon where they can make changes to their warrior. Players can make changes to their character whenever they want, so they are not stuck with the same look. Based on the screenshots shown on the site, the Mirror’s Wagon will offer players ways to change their body type for their Ace, along with skin color, head, their hair design and color, eyes and mouth options, and more. They will even be able to make changes to the character's voice. Even after the game launches, players can expect to see even more Ace customization items. Murchie stated: As the game evolves and new styles are introduced, there will be opportunities to grow. The more we create, the more we realize we can iterate and make new, compelling options for all players. Once the game comes out, we’ll also come to understand what the Towerborne community wants, which will help us focus our efforts in delivering content that is highly desired. Towerborne is currently scheduled to launch sometime in 2024, again as an Xbox and PC exclusive.
  16. Google Assistant used to be able to set an alarm for me perfectly until a few years back. Hit and miss now days.
  17. LittleNeutrino

Leaked video: Donald Trump finds out about Iron Sky

love the Der Untergang reference with the shacky hands and glasses
  18. It's not a big detail like you make it seem. Everyone has at least one e-mail account, I've got 3. At the end of the day WordPad wasn't used much and it's been replaced by a free version of Word that wasn't a option before. They've also decided to add things to Notepad so it probably covers more of the everyday needs of users. I've seen so many posts over the years about MS adding junk into the OS, and that the OS needs less of this or that. To an extent I agree, there's just no need for WordPad anymore.
  19. So sad to see Rooster Teeth shut down. I really liked watching Funhaus. 😢
  20. The final Halo-based Red vs Blue movie will be available to buy digitally May 7 by John Callaham Earlier this month, Warner Bros. Discovery announced it was shutting down its Rooster Teeth division. The media company famously got its start in 2003 when a small team in Austin, Texas uploaded a video called Red vs Blue. The video was made inside the engine of Microsoft and Bungie's hit Xbox game Halo, and told the comical tales of red Spartan soldiers fighting against blue Spartan soldiers on the Blood Gulch map. The video became a viral hit, and Rooster Teeth continued to make new seasons of Red vs Blue, with switches to newer games in the Halo franchise. Now, with Rooster Teeth shutting its doors, the team has one more tale to show in the upcoming 'final" movie, Red vs. Blue: Restoration. Deadline reports that the 87-minute film will be released as a digital-only movie on May 7 for purchase at various online stores like Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Google Play, Vudu, and others. Digital rentals will be available on May 21. There's no word yet if the movie will eventually be released on disc. Here's the brief summary for the movie's storyline: When the universe’s greatest villain returns in a terrifying new form, old adversaries, the Reds and Blues of Blood Gulch, will have to set aside their differences to save the galaxy one last time. The film will be directed by Rooster Teeth co-founder Matt Hullum, who also voices Red vs. Blue's Sarge character. Another Rooster Teeth co-founder, Burnie Burns, who actually left the company in 2020, has returned to write the script for the final movie. After Rooster Teeth achieved success with Red vs Blue, the company worked on various other live-action, animation, and machinima projects, including popular titles like RWBY and Gen:LOCK. There's no word on what will happen to these properties after the company officially closes up shop.
  21. We are not minority. Real gamers like their games to remain games, not to be influenced by political agendas or propaganda of any sort. Sure, what you call a "political agenda or propaganda" is literally just seeing a black person or a woman that doesn't look like a bimbo.
  22. In other words "BeCauSe MiCrOsOfT iS wOkE 🤪🫠". You people are so funny lol, all you want to do is jerk off to women made out of triangles. You know there's websites made just for that right? Funny thing is you people were crying about Abby being ugly in TLOU2, Mary-Jane in Spider-Man 2 being ugly... the games that people go out and buy a PlayStation for... that must be because of Microsoft's guidelines too, right? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ You're just a very loud and creepy minority. We are not minority. Real gamers like their games to remain games, not to be influenced by political agendas or propaganda of any sort.
  23. To be fair, there is a difference between forcing office work and crunch culture. I'm not saying that I agree with either - if you have the resources to do the development from home it shouldn't make a difference where you are - but there is a difference. Your conflating two things. Management will force insane crunch when they can stand over you 24/7, and rockstar has always had a crunch culture.
  24. You can get an 8BitDo PC keyboard designed like a Commodore 64, complete with a joystick by John Callaham In July 2023, the gaming accessory maker 8BitDo launched its first mechanical PC keyboards. However, the company decided to have some fun with these products with designs inspired by the Famicom Japanese console and the Nintendo Entertainment System. Today, 8BitDo announced its latest mechanical keyboard, and once again, it offers a nostalgic design. The C64 edition gets its inspiration from the classic Commodore 64 PC. It includes the company's logo with the familiar-looking rainbow-like strip from the original Commodore 64, along with brown-colored keys. Like the previous 8BitDo keyboards, this new C64 edition has 87 keys. They use Kailh Box White V2 switches. Both the keys and the switches can be hot-swapped out to use other types of keycaps or switches if you prefer them. 8BitDo's Ultimate Software V2 allows owners to customize the keys and their uses. This is also a wireless keyboard that can switch between Bluetooth and 2.4Hz, the latter with a USB dongle. The battery can last for up to 200 hours on a single charge, but if you prefer a wired connection, it can work in that mode as well. There's a physical switch on the top left corner to switch between Bluetooth and 2.4Hz wireless. The Fami/Nintendo keyboards from 8BitDo come with two giant red buttons. That is also the case with the new C64 keyboard, but it throws in an extra 1980s-style gaming joystick, which the company calls a "Super Stick." Like the two big red buttons, you can use the keyboard's included software to program the joystick and make it a true gaming accessory or just use it to launch an app on your PC. You can preorder the 8BitDo C64 Edition of its PC mechanical keyboard right now on Amazon for $109.99. Shipments of the keyboard are scheduled to begin on May 28. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
  25. What's done is done, right now they don't need WordPad when you can just use Word Online or get the free version of the Word app on your system to. Once they gave you Word as a free option then WordPad was on the way out. You are missing an important detail: Wordpad di not require logging in with an email account, Word does.
  1. Load more activity