All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. May 23, 22:30 Eastern (May 24, 02:30 UTC)
  3. To many developers, Intel GPUs still = notebooks (despite that Intel GPUs stopped smelling up the joint merely with 44xx, which dates back to Sandy Bridge). How widely did 44xx get deployed? While notebooks was a major area for Sandy Bridge deployment, it was not even the biggest area where merely HD44xx got deployed - that area was - surprisingly - desktops; Celeron-G, Pentium-G, and Core-i.
  4. dead.cell

German firm Infineon suspends shipments to Huawei

Your own analysis is simply dead in water. Based on Faux News proudly presents by Fox News Notice I didn't say they were guilty, unlike some of the folks who sat on the edge of their seat for a two-year investigation resulting in hot air. I'm not damning anyone here, just giving perspective from actions I've seen by people who work to protect their cash flow. Not everything is black and white, and many people walk the line or even tip-toe over it from time to time. If you give two craps about Huawei, you should probably hope they haven't drifted too far that could further hurt the company, especially when you have Trump just looking for any reason to pull the trigger on them.
  5. Yesterday
  6. aka2k

PlayStation employees stunned by Sony's deal with Microsoft

Crossed fingers for a surprise Gran Turismo for Windows.
  7. You are going to keep the laptop for 5 years You can't upgrade GPU so some thought on how to aim for a 1070 or 2070 might be worthwhile https://dev1.notebook-check.com/index.php?id=844 Edit: the 1660 Ti is in same range as 2070
  8. "instead of google crap" Yeah, because half-baked Chinese software is so much better... I'm no fan of Google but c'mon lol. Remember the Chinese hardware also once used to be half-baked. Now, US companies can only dream to compete with Huawei on that front. Never undermine someone's will power and determination. If they get enough people start using their half-baked crap, they will eventually make it fully baked. Wait... you're saying Chinese hardware is only that of which US companies can dream to compete with? Aren't Qualcomm and Apple leading the front with their chips regarding mobile processing? Hell, even on the desktop front, that's Intel and AMD. The best we have are manufacturers who work with known established companies in the area in attempt to match existing processing capabilities. Even then, I don't see Huawei on that front... Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not here to hate on them, but Huawei is putting premium phones together using existing tech, which basically makes them the Chinese Apple except they still aren't designing their own chips, rather just improving the processes to be a step above the other Chinese companies. I'll praise them for their work and efficiency, or even ideas when it comes to folding smartphones, but I'm at a loss what you mean regarding hardware...
  9. As I said before you have to be moron to use Smart Phone and any of these social sites and cloud services.
  10. How long have you been under the rock? Or perhaps you are the case study of why people shouldn't watch Fox News? No, I don't watch the news I'm a Forex Broker. Obliviously you'll have no pictorial idea what that profession entitles so we won't melt your small little brain defining it.
  11. It's really simple. Don't put anything online that you don't want to share with the entire world.
  12. News chopper footage from Cocoa FL
  13. greensabath

Google Glass is back with a new Enterprise Edition

I wonder if it still has the DRM built in where it will self-destruct when someone else wears it besides the owner?
  14. notuptome2004

Google Glass is back with a new Enterprise Edition

watch the video with Glass Doctors can spend more time with patience and less time on the computer as Glass can in real-time give the info the doctor needs as well as allow them to type everything up right there without spending 2hrs on a computer in another room watch at the 143 mark
  15. Hopefully some tax entity goes and checks if those people have reported whatever income they made from the paid ads.
  16. Private data of 6 million Instagram influencers and celebrities exposed by Namerah Saud Fatmi Private data including personal contact information from millions of Instagram accounts was leaked recently, according to a TechCrunch report. Apparently, the exposed data was compiled and then posted on an online database which was discovered by security researcher Anurag Sen. Said database allegedly contained phone numbers and emails IDs and other such private information of six million Instagram accounts held by popular brands, influencers, and celebrities on the platform. According to the source, this plethora of data contained upwards of 49 million entries and was hosted by Amazon Web Services. After discovering the database, Sen notified TechCrunch, which then tried to trace its origins in order to find the culprit and secure the exposed data. The trace was successful and the owner of the database turned out to be an Indian social media marketing company named Chtrbox. Chtrbox, a Mumbai-based marketing firm, pays Instagram influencers to post ads on their accounts. Apparently, the company acquired the data in order to calculate appropriate payments to the Instagram account holders for sponsored content. The database contained records that determined the net worth of every account based on factors such as likes, shares, number of followers, interaction and reach. The records found contained explicit information about each account including both public and private information about the media influencers and bloggers. Apart from personal phone numbers and email addresses, other information in the database included profile pictures, bios, number of followers and whether the users had verified their location on Instagram both by city and country. Owners of the exposed Instagram accounts were contacted and informed about the breach. TechCrunch verified that the leaked phone numbers and email addresses belonged to popular social media influencers on Instagram, and that the victims had no association with Chtrbox. The owner of Instagram, Facebook, has issued a statement regarding the data breach: “We’re looking into the issue to understand if the data described – including email and phone numbers – was from Instagram or from other sources. We’re also inquiring with Chtrbox to understand where this data came from and how it became publicly available.” Not long after TechCrunch contacted Chtrbox, the company removed the database from the internet. As of right now, the CEO of the Indian firm Pranay Swarup has yet to offer any comments on the matter or explain how or why the company got hold of such copious amounts of personal data off Instagram. It goes without saying that this isn't the first time Facebook has faced issues with data leakage and similar mishaps. Apart from the infamous Cambridge Analytica scandal, just last month security researchers discovered unprotected datasets for two Facebook-integrated apps which were being stored on Amazon S3 servers, exposing over 540 million records of user data including passwords stored in plain text.
  17. More and more idiots creeping in to Neowin to make cretinous comments these days...
  18. I would venture that the law passed is based upon a prior existing law, as such it carries the baggage, potentially including the lack of clause relating to victim anonymity. Many laws work this way, they are created quickly to address a current issue, and then revisited to tidy-up later. Most of them are not revisited, and are left so vague. It left like that on purpose, so you can be charged with anything. Should you say something hurty on twitter. Remember that dude who vetoed the bill on upskirting? THIS is why. He objects to hastily made laws and pushes for well thought out applications. But that’s not what’s been reported obviously... All laws should be well thought out, and considered. Absolutely they should, but they aren't. Thats the point the guy was making.
  19. I would rather they work with the largest browser in terms of marketshare and bring that performance to it because that's where the compatibility comes which is the most important feature. The market share isn't that relevant as long as they all stick to web standards, ironically, it's Google that is trying to brake standards with some of it's online apps not working with others like Google Earth. In any case, given the choice over Chrome or Firefox, I'll take Firefox any day, Chrome might be fast but it feels so basic from a interface standpoint, even bookmarks are not as simple as they should be. I find it remarkable that even to this day, a basic thing like bookmarks is many clicks to get to the sites you want where it shouldn't be, I also feel that Chrome treats it's users as dumb, you can't really do anything with it without using add-ons whereas Firefox lets you customise it however you want.
  20. Paul1979UK

German firm Infineon suspends shipments to Huawei

It's too early to say but if that does happen, expect China to do the same to US companies and if that happens, it's not going to end well for both the US and China. I think it's time they cool things down before it gets out of hand because China wont forget this and looking at how big China is likely to be over the coming decades, the US doesn't want to be on the wrong side of that which is what is happening now.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?