All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. So I am looking for some guidance on a fresh PC Build. I don't want to spend too much. I'd like to keep it below $1500 CAD. I haven't built a PC from scratch in like 13 years. Last time I built I started with a Barebones kit off of Tiger Direct (Intel Q6700 ) and then went from there based on research. That said, I am not even sure where to start looking. I am not as big of a gamer as I used to be, but I definitely want to set myself up to be somewhat future-proof and be able to play at least current gen games on High-Max (previous gen on Max). I haven't really been keeping up with the hardware side so not sure if going Intel over AMD is still the way to go.. if so then do I look at the i5, or the i7. If I go with Intel then I assume I'd be better off sticking with an Nvidia card.. but there's a bazillion different models from various manufacturers. So I guess what I am asking is. CPU wise do I go intel/amd and which one chip is the best bang for the buck? CPU cooler guessing would just be whatever is a solid fan for the chip? I am thinking air-cooled will be fine for now, no need to go all out on water cooling. Mobo wise obviously gotta match chipset, my last build was an intel mobo, but are asus and such decent? GPU if I go intel do I go Nvidia or is AMD the way to go? If so should I go stock or something like EVGA and go for a modified card, and which one? Case will be up to what I think looks good, was considering going with a white clean design with LED's HDD not sure what's best here if I go a smaller SSD for OS and HDD for the data or if that's an antiquated way of doing it PSU modular/not what sort of wattage? RAM corsair? not sure if speeds are still a thing. Probably aim for like 16gb Sound will just be whatever comes with the MOBO I think, don't need a dedicated sound card. Same with network I'll just go off the mobo. Case fans I will buy based on what is quiet and fits in the case. I don't have a VR Set but would like the option if I do go that route. Monitors/KB+M will be whatever I find that I like. No need for a disc drive, no requirements for specific connections. If I think of anything else I'll add to the responses.
  3. Brandon H

Anti-Adblock Alert

and action is always taken when those reports come in. Steve has even dropped a couple ad providers recently in the past because they would not comply with his/our needs and requests. I say Steve strives to keep the ads non obtrusive because it's true. Currently when logged in you should only see a couple ads at the beginning and the end of a forum topic page and minimal inline ads on FPN pages/articles. Neowin does not allow auto playing video/audio ads; no pop over ads; no auto redirects; ect. We do not accept ads that inject code for redirection or other malicious intent and will always report such ads to the providers as needed. Steve has disabled ads all together in the past until the provider has complied and confirmed malicious ads were removed in the past and he's not afraid to do such again if ever needed. We DO take ad reports seriously. Not even giving them a chance is just demeaning at this point ...
  4. msn_crazy_100

Slack announces a faster and more efficient desktop app

It's probably v4.0.0 listed here: https://slack.com/intl/en-gb/release-notes/windows?eu_nc=1 Listed as a change: "Everything’s a wee bit faster overall, thanks to a move to Webpack."
  5. shockz

Anti-Adblock Alert

Lol. I’ve been on the other side here, where staff would do mod previews or other shenanigans to make annoying members go away. Still extremely slow here, and only here. But I’ll just wait for my ISP to get it’s act together I guess.
  6. Jazmac

Nvidia Shield TV could receive Android Pie update

People that own these things do love em. I couldn't get my arms about the price to get one. I use a Roku box for all my streaming.
  7. suprNOVA

Anti-Adblock Alert

and then Shockz never replied ever again
  8. shockz

Anti-Adblock Alert

Lol. I’ll give the modem another reboot then.
  9. astropheed

Anti-Adblock Alert

Lol. Well I suppose it's plausible but I would doubt it. Edit: Just visualised Steve over his monitor maniacally laughing, "speak now! What's that? You cannot? Muahahah"
  10. suprNOVA

Anti-Adblock Alert

LOL you're hilarious. They're coming for you.
  11. shockz

Anti-Adblock Alert

Legit question: Are you guys throttling vocal opponents of this feature, or is my home internet just being ###### specifically and only with this site?
  12. astropheed

Anti-Adblock Alert

I support decisions that have merit. I openly reject those that do not. I have no one's back. It should be evident if you see any of my post history. My "job" is keeping the peace. I've even publically questioned admin actions. You all ask for community feel but some of you choose to ignore when it's happening. Some of you would be interested in knowing which of you I've defended in the past. I know this is not stuff you'd normally hear from a mod but maybe you should sometimes. We're just people obviously and we too clearly like Neowin.
  13. Xilo

Anti-Adblock Alert

In the history of Neowin, people have complained about obtrusive ads at least every couple months. There's been a LONG argument of adblock vs no adblock and it always came down to Neowin's ads .
  14. DaveLegg

Anti-Adblock Alert

Our ads are nearly integrated into the layout, they are far from obtrusive. We don't allow pop-up or pop-over adverts.
  15. Brandon H

Anti-Adblock Alert

what is obtrusive about the ads on Neowin? Steve strives to keep the ads as legit and as non-obtrusive as possible.
  16. Hello, That's a great question. I'm going to ask one of their employees and see if I can find out what the answer is.... Regards, Aryeh Goretsky
  17. 1337ish

Nvidia Shield TV could receive Android Pie update

My mother uses Plex and it feels like it belongs in the stone age now. From what I can tell it doesn't group movies into boxsets natively. It can but its called Collections. You need to enable the library to automatically add Collection tags then refresh its metadata and the collections tab should populate. It is annoying how they lack proper support staff though.
  18. Xilo

Anti-Adblock Alert

>Have obtrusive ads Guys plz don't block our ads >Anti block on every page Guys plz don't block our ads you are stealing!
  19. crook

Looking for video card recommendations

just get one of these https://appuals.com/best-gtx-1650/, as you have an i7 3rd gen this will be a good and safe purchase, no need to go for a expensive gpu these will get the job done as well
  20. Gornot

Vivaldi 2.6.1566.49

The customisation is 1 of the best things in this browser. Yeah, you can customize it, but the plain amount of settings is ridiculous, IMO. Talk about over kill. Just looked at the settings and i don't see how it's over kill, what do you want them to do remove the settings that you personally don't use when others may use them? In that case i don't need the mouse gesture options or customisation of the themes, the network proxy settings, the keyboard quick commands, my point being all those are going to be useful to someone even if its not me or you and they don't get in the way if you don't need them. Not arguing with you. Just stating that all those settings are ridiculous, IMO, as I said above. Most people wouldn't have a clue what all those things do even. Perhaps, but how often would you need to go into the settings to change something? Just take five minutes out of your day to set it up once and you literally don't have to open the settings ever again, unless you want to change the theme. I mean, yes, the amount of settings is overwhelming, but then again, most people won't even know this browser exists because of Chrome.
  21. Today
  22. "Rather surprisingly, it seems like the Note10 will be downgraded in terms of its resolution, featuring a 6.3-inch FHD+ 1080p display, in comparison to the Note9's QHD+ 1440p display." I think just name scheme was downgraded since they're introducing 2 variants. The Note10+ is of the Note9 sort of speak. The real question is will the price tags be the same. Maybe they're just introducing a entry version for the Note series for those that don't want to pay the premium price tag.
  23. suprNOVA

Anti-Adblock Alert

Forgot about this. (Watch out you freeloader!!!)
  24. Circaflex

Anti-Adblock Alert

These annoyances never work out. If i come across them ill either add an annoyance filter, ie anti ad block or leave the site all together. I feel most users do the same.
  25. Meanwhile I see this last week... https://www.cnet.com/news/more...in-for-androids-study-says/ and https://phys.org/news/2019-05-...hone-sales-slump-china.html Didn't the latest iphone model (x series) sell less than the previous if not under expectations? And now they want to release 3 variants...
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?