All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. i want less facebook in my life, not more thanks. FaceBook have shown they cannot be trusted on multiple occasions.
  3. Copernic

AnyDesk 5.1.1

AnyDesk 5.1.1 by Razvan Serea AnyDesk is a fast remote desktop system and enables users to access their data, images, videos and applications from anywhere and at any time, and also to share it with others. AnyDesk is the first remote desktop software that doesn't require you to think about what you can do. CAD, video editing or simply working comfortably with an office suite for hours are just a few examples. AnyDesk is designed for modern multi-core CPUs. Most of AnyDesk's image processing is done con­currently. This way, AnyDesk can utilize up to 90% of modern CPUs. AnyDesk works across multiple platforms and operating systems: Windows, Linux, Free BSD, Mac OS, iOS and Android. Just two megabytes - downloaded in a glimpse, sent via email, or fired up from your USB drive, AnyDesk will turn any desktop into your desktop in se­conds. No administrative privileges or installation needed. AnyDesk 5.1.1 fixed bugs: Fixed broken mouse handling in the search popup. Fixed lost keyboard focus when switching from the File Manager to a monitor. Fixed fullscreen mode on session start. Fixed a crash during rights elevation. Fixed discovery online states. Added missing TCP permission setting. Minor fixes Other changes: Added a selection box tool. Selected items will now scroll into the visible area automatically. D3D fullscreen can now be minimized. Changed TCP default permission to true. Download: AnyDesk 5.1.1 | 2.7 MB (Free for private use, paid upgrade available) Links: AnyDesk Home Page | Other platforms | Release History | Screenshot Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  4. Oh cool let's have ol' trustworthy Zuck have a part in our financials too, that sounds...good?
  5. i believe Microsoft Pulled the update as there's to many outstanding issues with it , i havent gotten it yet either an im in no rush to get it either Source that it was pulled? just a guess on my behalf, why else wouldnt it be in Windows Update? https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05...1903-may-2019-update/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05...sion-1903-may-2019-update/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05...rsion-1903-may-2019-update/ Because it’s not been rolled out to everyone on Windows Update? If it was pulled the media creation tool would have been pulled as well. maybe it's still available from the website. I used that to install it on two machines, no issues.
  6. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg... The solution in the comment above seems to work for me. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye and remove the folder. Looking at the recent The Windows 10 May 2019 Update still has some known issues to work out Neowin article, my issue is about an AMD RAID driver used by my Kingston SSDs, and maybe even my Intel video drivers. At least an explanation ! At least you have some info yeah. Bummer though cause that's not as easy to fix.
  7. And it says this where exactly? It doesn't, hating Google no matter what the topic is, is sort of his/her thing
  8. I'm on 1903 as well and it won't run in anything except Admin mode. I'm on 64 bit, if that makes a difference. I'm running 64 bit also. I don't have syncing turned on. If this is a normal setting for users with issues, this bug just seems like just another Windows anomaly then.
  9. Today
  10. Facebook set to launch its own ‘GlobalCoin' cryptocurrency next year by Paul Hill Facebook is reportedly finalising plans to launch its own cryptocurrency, dubbed GlobalCoin, sometime next year. Initially, GlobalCoin will launch in around 12 countries in the first quarter before coming to other markets later. Before the firm launches its product, it plans to test the asset by the end of this year. With GlobalCoin, Facebook hopes that it can make sending money both affordable and secure. Additionally, it’s working with firms like Western Union in order to connect even those people that do not have a bank account. Facebook has already spoken to the U.S. Treasury in order to work out the process of ID checks in order to restrict money laundering and Mark Zuckerberg also met Bank of England governor Mark Carney to discuss the opportunities and risks involved in setting up a cryptocurrency. One of the biggest criticisms of cryptocurrencies that most people have is their tendency to fluctuate in value. In an attempt to stop this, Facebook is allegedly looking at pegging the cryptocurrency to other established currencies such as the U.S. dollar, the euro, and the Japanese yen. Facebook first set up a team to work out how to leverage blockchain technology more than a year ago. Then, in December, it was reported that the company could be developing a cryptocurrency for money transfers on WhatsApp. By the time Facebook is ready to launch its product it will probably work across all of Facebook’s services from the get-go, after all, in January, it was revealed that Mark Zuckerberg wants to unify the messaging infrastructure of Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram; the chat environment will be one of the logical places to add a payment button when the service rolls out. With money being as critical as it is to people’s lives, the calls for the break-up and regulation for the company will likely grow. It’ll also be interesting to see whether people end up trusting Facebook with their money given all the scandals that the firm has suffered. Source: BBC News
  11. You are talking about ware. You have apparently done 26 TB of writes to your drive, which is about 20% of its life, so you have about 80% left before you start losing capacity. If that is about 2 years, then you can probably expect to keep the drive a total of 10 years, which seems pretty reasonable. Yeah, just about any decent SSD type of device should crack at least 100TB of writes before any chance of failure occurs from writing data to the device as just about anything modern should be rated for a minimum of 70-75TB and that's on the smaller capacities to. so those 1TB range SSD's should go WELL beyond that before failure occurs from writes. True, and the drives do wear leveling, so on a larger drive, the writes are spread across the entire drive. Even if you have a file that is frequently updated (such as the Windows Page File) it will not cause a single part of the drive to wear out faster. The more free space you have on the drive, the more it can spread the load.
  12. As a fyi, I had to "seek" it with windows update assistant for 4 computers at work, the rest had an extra section in windows update for downloading it. Those 4 machines had external drives which MS isn't immediately offering the update to as the drive lettering -might- change during the update(none of my 4 changed)
  13. then Cortana stopped getting sms notifications, then Cortana could no longer send sms Actually the Cortana SMS integration still works. I still use it with my 950. You must be ultra lucky, here's a thread talking about it(discovering the change in phrasing, then it being lost completely). It's why I finally gave up on my beloved Lumia 950. https://answers.microsoft.com/...277b-4464-ae1a-e08abda213c6
  14. DisplayFusion is a fantastic utility, a must have for anyone with multiple monitors. I've been using it since version 1.
  15. I have an i3 NUC as my media centre PC and it's moderately faster with W10 than it was with W8.1. The overall operation feels smoother, and I notice a lower CPU load while Kodi is running. If W8.1 is "twice as fast" on your machine, then there is something wrong with it, your drivers or your installation. There is no way W10 is that much slower on a machine like that.
  16. margrave

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

I'd call this an enhancement. Could be. If it is then the next step is Extinguish.
  17. I always applaud them for making all of this optional. I think an all-in-one hub can work, but it's only as good as its weakest link - and that being you cannot predict what your competition will do if they suddenly decide they don't want you pulling their data. I'm all for this effort to at least tie my digital libraries together.
  18. What kind of help are we talking about? Voluntary enrollment into a sanatorium?
  19. Cool, I use this to video call family, I like the simplicity and it always works flawlessly. Nice to have additional features and still keeping the simple.
  20. FirstLine

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

Github is the best repo. Now even better. The sponsor bit is a very attractive move.
  21. "All genders are equal, but some genders are more equal than others." -- Liberalism at its finest!
  22. You are talking about ware. You have apparently done 26 TB of writes to your drive, which is about 20% of its life, so you have about 80% left before you start losing capacity. If that is about 2 years, then you can probably expect to keep the drive a total of 10 years, which seems pretty reasonable. Yeah, just about any decent SSD type of device should crack at least 100TB of writes before any chance of failure occurs from writing data to the device as just about anything modern should be rated for a minimum of 70-75TB and that's on the smaller capacities to. so those 1TB range SSD's should go WELL beyond that before failure occurs from writes.
  23. Yeah, I generally prefer Newegg over Amazon in general for computer tech stuff. plus, it's not like Amazon needs any more $. but anyways, while it would be nice to get a 1TB range SSD for around $100 I just can't see there being enough of a benefit for me to upgrade from the Samsung 850 EVO 250GB I have had for 4 years this month. because all I would really be getting is more storage space (basically I would be paying $100 for about 750GB more storage space from what I currently have and I simply don't install/use enough games for me to justify the costs) since the 850 Evo is still a strong performer in the standard SATA based SSD market.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?