All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. kopsarchidis

Google shows off some Chrome features coming this year

O.k. When it comes down to security, I never go further than Firefox. Currently it is the only browser that can be configured without any extensions for HTTPS over DNS and encrypted SNI with providers of my choice. Use chrome and become a hostage of Google in terms of online freedom and security. It cannot get any worse. Also, Firefox loaded with 10-15 extensions starts nice and quickly, while Chrome, after first run it becomes slower and slower.
  3. I trust Vladimir Putin more than I trust Google!!
  4. Same here Vivaldi is awesome.
  5. Sigh... Just adding more than one row of tabs is too hard to do???
  6. This might replace Monoid as my coding font. Only problem with it is that it lacks some special characters, but seeing it's open source I could actually try to add those myself and make a pull request if no one beats me to it.
  7. Today
  8. I think it's HILARIOUS that the CDC is all up in arms about banning vaping.... Yet with the MILLIONS of deaths attributable to smoking over the last 100+ YEARS.... THEY are still on the market. This has nothing to do with preventing potential harm, and everything to do with the fact that the US govt has yet to come up with a way to monetize the vaping industry. That's it.
  9. I think when people reach the level of "public nuisance-making"... They're generally looking to embarrass the employer enough to improve working conditions to save face. And I mean... It HAS worked in the past...
  10. TrekRich

Apple releases iOS 13 with dark mode and more

At least 5 years from the date of it being discontinued. If people can buy an Apple product labelled as NEW from Apple, it should have at least 5 years of support. Note that because Apple is a closed ecosystem, it would be well within their capabilities to cover 10 years or more of support, since new features that would require new hardware wouldn't activate anyway. This is a security issue, of course. 2 years of security patches is simply not sufficient (no matter who the OS vendor is). A phone from 10 years ago would be about the iphone 3gs. With its 600mhz cpu and 256 meg of ram. I suspect it could not run the latest ios. New features or not. It’s like trying to run Windows 10 on a pentium 3. Your expectations are unreasonable.
  11. They are? Which businesses? It's pretty simple, Office 365 is one of three elements of Microsoft 365, the other two being Windows and EM&S.
  12. excalpius

All you are arguing about now is semantics. The funniest thing is you just proved my original claim and I doubt you even realize it. Thanks!
  13. excalpius

Did you forget? No worries, I’ll remind you. “Thank you for a meaningless and useless factoid.” I stated a fact. That previous response, just like this one of yours, was meaningless. It just took up space to say something that wasn't useful to the discussion. The only difference is that now you are busy insulting two different people.
  14. GrandMaster

You can set up firefox to work vivaldi and vivaldi to work like firefox. They are both very customizable. Do you recall what the most annoying thing was that you couldn't fix? I might save you some time.
  15. ParadiseLost

I switched to Vivaldi a while ago. I tried Firefox but for some reason i just cant get comfortable using it.
  16. VMware Workstation Player 15.5.0 by Razvan Serea VMware Player is the easiest way to run multiple operating systems at the same time on your computer. With its user-friendly interface, VMware Player makes it effortless for anyone to try out Windows 10, Chrome OS or the latest Linux releases, or to create virtual "sandboxes" to test pre-release software in. VMware Player can also be used to run a virtual copy of an old PC so that you can recycle the old machines you have under your desk or stored in the closet. Run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single computer Experience the benefits of preconfigured products without any installation or configuration hassles Share data between host computer and virtual machine Run 32- and 64-bit virtual machines Use 3rd-party pre-configured virtual machines and images Share data between the host computer and virtual machine Broad host and guest operating system support Support for USB 2.0 devices Gain easy access to virtual machines via an intuitive home page interface Download: VMware Workstation Player 15.5.0 | 138.0 MB (Free for personal use) View: VMware Player Website | Release Notes Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  17. kopsarchidis

Great features, but I no longer trust Google!
  18. I find Consolas more readable in VS dark mode when editing C#, but most likely because it's what i'm used to.
  19. The latest iPhones along with the Apple Watch Series 5 arrive in stores worldwide by Ather Fawaz Image via Apple Newsroom As anticipated in the past weeks, Apple's latest iteration of the iPhone, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max along with the Apple Watch Series 5 arrived worldwide in stores today. Sticking to tradition, the iPhones arriving on shelves saw a host of customers lining up to witness and try out Apple's latest offerings in person. Image via Apple Newsroom The latest from the Cupertino firm arrive on shelves hot on the heels of the general availability of the iOS 13, which was released yesterday. Apple also celebrated the reopening of its iconic Cube after a renovation period that lasted for two years. There is also a new trade-in program for the iPhones, which offers discounted prices for exchanging your older iPhone depending both on the model you're buying and the phone you're swapping it for. Case in point, you can buy the new iPhone 11 for $399 (instead of $699) if you trade-in an iPhone 8, or the iPhone 11 Pro for $599 (instead of $999) or the iPhone 11 Pro Max for $699 (instead of $1099) if you trade in an iPhone X. There's also the option to pay for the new devices on a monthly basis. The installments for the iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max are $17, $25, $29 per month, respectively. However, we are still waiting for the public build of the iPadOS and iOS 13.1, which Apple has claimed will be available starting September 30.
  20. Dan~

Worst part about using dark mode is when you go into private mode in safari it’s hardly any different, be careful folks 😯. Also adjusting the sound is so much quicker eek
  21. That sucks, but I get the idea behind the A/B testing.
  22. AHAHAHAHA " ....and everyone stopped reading. Well done.
  23. Haters gotta hate. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion...
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?