All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. tsupersonic

Huawei's laptops disappear from the Microsoft Store

This. I'm personally never touching a Huawei device after the Nexus 6P fiasco. Their customer service is absolute trash. I finally abandoned W10M (Lumia950XL) for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and I can say it's by far the best phone (hardware-wise) I've ever owned. I could never get more than 18h out of a Windows phone/mobile, and this one gets me 40+ hours on a single charge, even after installing all the Microsoft services. I mean it's not surprising a newer phone is better hardware wise. You're comparing apples and oranges as these two devices have different specs, and OS's. BTW, 40 hours is excellent! In my use case, only one of the phones I've owned was a two day battery device - Moto G3. Everything else is just lasts one day. In the case of the 6P, it couldn't even last half a day. Battery anxiety was a huge issue with it.
  3. That means it's defective and you should return or RMA swap it. Why post something like that without doing so first? You obviously have a defective drive. Because I don't have time right now and reading reviews on Amazon I'm not alone and a lot of the RMA drives have the same issue. Sorry for sharing my experiences though I'm sure crucial appreciates your passioned defense of them. Dunno man but the reviews are very good on Amazon ... me think you have a defective drive.
  4. How were you able to post this? There was no internet back in the 50ies.
  5. Microsoft Access finally gets a new icon, still nothing for Publisher by Rich Woods Late last year, Microsoft unveiled all-new icons for its Office apps, redesigning them for the first time since 2013. One of the goals was to separate the letter from the icon, something that we've seen from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. Two apps that were never talked about in regards to new icons are Access and Publisher. That changes today though, as Office Insiders are getting a new Access icon today, which can be seen in the image above. For the time being, we can see that the icon is not aligned with the rest of the icons, nor is it the same size. It's a start though, and hopefully we'll see something soon for Publisher. Microsoft's Office icons have been rolling out across the board, and the firm really hasn't been consistent about it. Just about every platform except for Android has the new icons for the key apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, although everyone has the new Outlook icon. The new Skype icon is available on iOS, but seemingly nowhere else. It's all coming soon if you don't have it yet. The new Access icon is notable though because Microsoft never even confirmed that it's coming. Up until now, Access has remained a mystery in terms of new icons.
  6. I am wondering the reason a link to this person's blog was even provided. Why even give this angry person the spotlight? Only one reason I could think of... click bait.
  7. You can download the installers for all your GOG games & content directly from the site. Galaxy is completely optional. where do you have to go? I was looking all over the place for a direct download link of a few games. They don't make it very clear and make it seem like the launcher is required now. Nope, it's always been optional. Go to the site & login. Then in the top menu hover over your username and click Games. You will now see your library. Hover over any game and you will see a menu icon appear in the bottom right of the game panel with links to Downloads and more.
  8. You're right. Apple slaps are too smart to buy this thing. Yeah okay. They are so smart that they buy a phone that is already outdated over 2-3 years before it even comes out. Says you.
  9. I uninstalled everything and downloaded just the drivers from killer's website. https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-drivers-installation-64bit/ this way there isn't a bunch of services or extra junk. Will report back if this makes a difference. PS. I deliberately tried having something download in the background. didn't really see an interruption in the download. I also don't get disconnected from the game. just from the players i was connected to. 1. warranty replacement would suck. i hope you are right. 2. i have tried multiple cables that work fine on other computers. I have a new AC1750 nighthawk router. I have about 6 devices connected at any one time but none are really sucking up bandwidth. I also have gigabit internet from webpass/google fiber. 3. I did a fresh install of the drivers without the "command center" I assume this doesn't include the hardware acceleration extras. How/where do I double check what settings are on/off? (latest windows 10) thanks again for the advice so far.
  10. I have a paid Mailbird (mailing app) subscription and would like to mail from there on. Currently I have the mailaccount set to Thunderbird. With a local folder: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<string>\Mail\Local Folders The mail is configured as IMAP. Is there a way as to export the Local folder of Thunderbird into Mailbird? (or some way to do so by means of eml/pst file maybe and than to import that file(s) into Mailbird?)
  11. You can download the installers for all your GOG games & content directly from the site. Galaxy is completely optional. where do you have to go? I was looking all over the place for a direct download link of a few games. They don't make it very clear and make it seem like the launcher is required now.
  12. You can download the installers for all your GOG games & content directly from the site. Galaxy is completely optional.
  13. I stopped running all the launchers a while ago. I found I don't play the handful of games I have on the other launchers. Steam launches on startup but the others I launch on demand. Epic is currently running at startup just so I get notifications about free games, but I may change that since most of the Epic giveaways have been underwhelming to say the least.
  14. exotoxic

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

It isn't about what they might do. It is about what they would have to do if requested by the Chinese state. They do not have a choice in China, it is law that they must comply with the state's intelligence agencies. They the option of relocating (oh wait, they really don't). This is exactly it, people seem to not know this little tidbit of Chinese law which forces them to do what they say at any given time either now or in the future. And you guys just want to roll over and let every western country install their hardware in our telecommunications grids? We should be applying it equally and banning US products too.
  15. What I dislike the most is all of the launchers by default pop up at Windows startup, so all of them load and try to connect to the Internet and then all of them try to update their service. Its a mess in various scenarios like if you're on battery, or don't have an Internet connection, or are on a slow Internet connection. Anyway, a single platform that bundles different game services makes sense to me, just like a single platform that would bundle different streaming services would also make sense.
  16. Gornot

Smartphones are just one part of this, the bigger part is all the backend telecommunications equipment Huawei and other chinese tech cos are looking to sell. When the backbone of your data grid is running on Huawei hardware for example, what stops the Chinese government, by their own laws, to gain access into a nations systems? There's so much at play here than someones new flashy P30. I fully agree with you; I do, however, need to mention that personally I don't really care about the entire ordeal except for the influence this will have on the smartphone market.
  17. That looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad GOG managed to turn their old launcher into something much more coherent and feature-rich. Good job! Haven't used the launcher in a while but I'll definitely get to updating it and seeing what it offers.
  18. the GOG launcher is not DPI responsive at all. I have my computer hooked to my 720p TV at home in my living room with 200% scaling and the GOG window is larger than my screen. I can't reach the window controls among other elements. They REALLY need to fix that. Wish there was still a way to install games without using the launcher. It's one of the reasons I've ceased using GOG as a service personally. I'm back to fully Steam.
  19. Nice, it's about time GOG got some new features. The UI looks better too.
  20. This sounds good to me, I don't have a overall issue with running a few launchers at once, most of the time they just sit idle when I don't play a game. I'm tired of all the overlay stuff though, I don't use it so I turn it all off right away.
  21. That means it's defective and you should return or RMA swap it. Why post something like that without doing so first? You obviously have a defective drive. Because I don't have time right now and reading reviews on Amazon I'm not alone and a lot of the RMA drives have the same issue. Sorry for sharing my experiences though I'm sure crucial appreciates your passioned defense of them.
  22. Today
  23. PGHammer

ARM as in ARM HOLDINGS - the BIG.little behind all things Android. (Even MediaTek licenses from ARM Holdings - so how realistic is even the MTK option? MTK is not the "big cheese" they used to be - they WERE a big supplier to Lenovo - especially in terms of EMEA and cheap NA Android tablets and phablets; they have been replaced since by Qualcomm in a quality of product move.)
  24. Pay What You Want: The Unity Game Development Bundle by Steven Parker Today's highlighted offer comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where for a limited time you can Pay What You Want for the Unity Game Development Bundle. Become an Expert Developer of 2D & 3D Games with This 37-Hour Bundle. How does it work? With the Pay What You Want bundles, you can get something incredible for as little as you want to pay. And if you beat the average price, you’ll receive the fully upgraded bundle! Included in this Pay What You Want deal, are the following courses: Pay What You Want (as little as $1) for the unlocked course: Learn to Code By Building 6 Games In The Unreal Engine Create Games From Scratch Using the Popular Game Engine, Unreal 4 and unlock the following courses with a bid over the average price: Master Unity Game Development: Ultimate Beginner's Bootcamp Learn Unity & C# by Creating a 3D Multi-Level Platformer Game The Complete HTML5 Mobile Game Development Course Use the Phaser HTML5 Framework & JavaScript Technologies to Build Cross-Platform Games Augmented Reality Game Development Mix the Real World with Your Game's Using This Futuristic Technology Learn Unity AI By Making a Tank Game Learn Artificial Intelligence, Use the Star Algorithm, & Code in C# What's the deal? The bundle represents an overall retail value of $999. But you can Pay What You Want for the unlocked courses (as little as $1). Bid the average price or over and you'll take home the entire bundle. Qualify for the giveaway! Beat the Leader's price and get entered into the epic giveaway, plus get featured on the leaderboard! >> Pay What You Want for this Unity Game Development Bundle << See other Pay What You Want deals. This is a time-limited deal that ends soon. Save even more! Stick with Neowin Deals and earn credit or even deeper discounts. Check out our recent deals here or on the Neowin Deals site. For every $25 spent, you get $1 credit added to your Neowin Deals account. Refer the deal for $10 credit via social media or email and if it results in a purchase of at least $10, you'll get $10 credit added to your account. 10% off for first-time buyers: be sure not to dismiss the popup offer to subscribe to email updates on the deals page in order to profit! Not for you? If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out our giveaways on the Neowin Deals website? There's also a bunch of freebies you can check out here. Enter to win a iPhone XS Max 256GB + AirPods via Neowin Deals today! Also check out some of the great deals we have on the site! https://t.co/ficZIw1Bny #giveaway pic.twitter.com/6NPIYlpkZR — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) February 22, 2019 Miscellany and the fine print! In some cases, such as with Online Courses, a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase is possible if you are unhappy with it; this does not apply to all deals, so please do check the terms on the page before making a purchase. Check our other recent deals, before they expire, or our preferred partner software. How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs. *Values or percentages mentioned above are subject to StackCommerce's own determination of retail pricing.
  25. Microsoft BOB™ 10

I don't think Huawei is being given even a fair trial with all these decisions before anything is proven. US multinationals have done plenty of immoral and questionable things yet they are protected because they are American.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?