All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No, that isn't what they're saying. Your 1400 is still supported and probably will remain so for many, many years.
  3. Google is selling the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL through Fi for $399 and $499, today only by Rich Woods Four years ago today, Google launched its own mobile network service, calling it Project Fi at the time. Aside from combining the cellular networks of T-Mobile and Sprint (U.S. Cellular has since been added), Google promised that customers would be able to pay for only the data that they used. Today is Google Fi's birthday, and the company is celebrating with some solid deals for both the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. The two devices are 50% off, meaning that they start at $399 and $499, respectively, rather than $799 and $999. Those prices are for the 64GB Pixel 3 and the 128GB Pixel 3 XL. If you want the higher storage on the Pixel 3, that will run you $449. If you want the lower storage on the XL, you can't have it because it's sold out. These prices are for today only, ending at 11:59pm Pacific Time tonight. If you're on the fence, you can also choose the option of a payment plan, which starts at $16.62 per month for 24 months, for the 64GB Pixel 3. If you want to check it out, you can find the devices here.
  4. Finally got it working on my AMD machine after AMD updated the RAID drivers (though I had to clean install because the upgrade system is still bugged) and it refused to install on 2 machines with Intel iGPUs. Would be nice if Microsoft actually told us what the blocking issues were instead of sticking a useless generic message on the screen.
  5. OnePlus confirms two models of the OnePlus 7, one with a super-smooth display and 5G by João Carrasqueira OnePlus 6T OnePlus has started to tease its upcoming flagship phones more aggressively over the past week, and though there's a lot we still don't know about the release, the company's CEO has now confirmed some details in a conversation with The Verge. Pete Lau confirmed that the OnePlus 7 will come in two models, one of which will feature a much-improved display as well as 5G capabilities, and it will be called the OnePlus 7 Pro. Rumors of an improved display for the next OnePlus smartphone surfaced soon after Lau first teased a "new era of fast and smooth" on Twitter, and now the company has confirmed it. "The first time I saw it myself, I was stunned", Lau said about the new phone. OnePlus is reportedly spending three times as much on the display technology for this phone as compared with previous smartphones from the company. There's still no confirmation on whether this will be a 90Hz or 120Hz panel, but reports have pointed at the former, which would be the same as what's found the in ASUS ROG Phone, but less than the 120Hz display on the Razer Phone and Razer Phone 2. Aside from that, Lau still isn't providing a lot more information about the phone. The new model will cost more than the OnePlus 6T, continuing the company's trend of increasing prices since its inception a few years ago. 5G capabilities will also be part of the more expensive model, as mentioned above, but the company won't be touting them heavily given the currently limited availability of 5G. For more information, we'll likely have to wait at the very least until tomorrow, when the company is announcing the launch event for the smartphone. Otherwise, all we know is that the smartphone will have a Snapdragon 855 chipset, as the company announced last year.
  6. For me it was Microsoft's own "Save to PDF" driver that was blocking my installation. Go figure. Read on a forum how to delete the compatibility scan files to bypass the error and get the install to continue. No problems since.
  7. This is the kind of stuff you see advertized in magazines you find in the seatbacks of airplane chairs.
  8. I thought they would have been able to figure out a way to implement sets without Edge, guess not. It seemed like using Edge as a backbone for Sets was so that Microsoft could strongarm people into using the browser.
  9. Just MS trying to get people to buy new PC's or newer hardware that won't work with Win 7 and 8 probably lol
  10. I have a Ryzen 5 1400, is MS trying to say i can't run Windows 10?
  11. illumination

Firmament - New Kickstarter from Cyan

Just raising awareness in case any fans of Cyan and Myst/Riven had not heard: Cyan, have 4 more days on their latest kickstarter to create a new game called Firmament, an immersive puzzle based adventure game. It is currently planned for Windows and VR. First stretch goal will include Mac and PS4\PSVR. I'm not associated with Cyan or the kickstarter, but am a fan of their games. Backed their last kickstarter for the 25th anniversary edition of Myst and the one before that for Obduction.
  12. TechBargains: Lowest price for 512GB 11" iPad Pro, Extra 15% off 4K Dell XPS 13 by Steven Parker Here are today's TechBargain deals. The 512GB newest iPad Pro is $200 off and the lowest price we've seen, and there's an extra 15% off the Dell XPS 13 from last week with a coupon code, you can also pick up a SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC for under $22. Featured Deals Apple iPad Pro 512GB 11" WiFi Tablet for $949.99 (64GB for $675) at Amazon (list price $1149). The 512GB capacity version of the newest iPad Pro is currently $200 off and the lowest price we've seen. SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC Card for $21.84 at Amazon (list price $29.99). Save an extra $8 off the usual sale price for this 128GB microSDXC card with up to 160MB/s read and 90MB/s write speeds. Dell Vostro Small 3470 Intel Core i5-8400 6-core Win10 Pro Desktop for $529 at Dell (list price $927.14). Get this SFF desktop equipped with an i5 6-core processor for under $530. Dell XPS 13 (9380) Intel Core i7-8565U Quad-core 13.3" 4K UHD Touch Laptop with 256GB SSD for $1189.99 at Dell (use code: SAVE15 - list price $1828.99). Save an extra 15% off the price from last week using the coupon code SAVE15. Great price for an XPS 13 laptop with a 4K touch display. Dell G3 Intel Core i7-8750H 6-core 15.6" 1080p Gaming Laptop with GTX 1050Ti for $699.99 at Walmart (list price $999). This is a great entry level gaming laptop, with an 8th gen i7 6-core processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti GPU. 50" VIZIO V505-G9 4K UHD Smart LED HDTV + $100 Dell Gift Card for $329.99 at Dell (list price $359.99). Effective price for this 50" 4K TV is just under $230 assuming you use the eGift card entirely. 55" Samsung UN55NU7200 4K UHD Smart LED HDTV + $20 VUDU Credit for $399 at Walmart (list price $648). This 55" Samsung 4K TV comes with $20 VUDU credit for only $400. Apple Watch Series 3 38mm GPS Smartwatch for $199 (42mm for $229) at Walmart (list price $279). The Apple Watch Series 3 are back on sale for their Black Friday prices. Netgear Orbi RBK23 AC2200 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (3-Pack) for $209.99 at Amazon (Clip $40 Coupon - list price $299.99). This is just $10 above the price we saw for this 3-pack during Black Friday. Up to 6,000 square feet of coverage and up to 2.2 Gbps speeds. Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 SSD for $164.99 at Amazon (list price $219.99). Save 25% off this 1TB internal SSD with read/write speeds up to 35000/3000 MB/s. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $56.99 at Walmart (list price $69). The Switch Pro Controller is back on sale for $12 off. Today Only: Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 AMP Electric Pressure Washer for $115.99 at Amazon (list price $229.99). Part of Amazon's Gold Box deals, save 50% off the retail price on this pressure washer with up to 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power. These are just a small selection of the discount's on offer, for more great deals go to TechBargains.
  13. Buzz me when they redo the XPS 15.
  14. stevember

LG G8 ThinQ unboxing and first impressions

Well given the fact that he's got the microphone the wrong way around. It is not a top microphone, it is from the side. So that probably explains the audio. Normally love the reviews here, however I agree show us the phone. Pictures from the phone, and do a little bit of talking. And, if you're going to review tech read the manual for the tech you're using. Hopefully taken as constructive criticism, not personal.
  15. https://uup.rg-adguard.net/index.php" rel="external nofollow">https://uup.rg-adguard.net/index.php How legit is this? Or might these files be "messed with"? they are legit. no they haven’t.
  16. Bruinator

USB splitter for Tablet

Perfect tyvm BH.
  17. Where did they say that it didn't? it says up to, not only 9th gen.
  18. Brandon H

USB splitter for Tablet

oh yeah a generic OTG cable should work fine with that what you're looking for is a USB-OTG Hub. there are plenty available to choose from when you search on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+otg+hub&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
  19. Wonders if my Moms older AMD A6-3620 will be supported for 1903 when released, I assume my 7th Gen Intel I7 7700 and 7700HQ (laptop processor still supported I hope) I guess i'll find out for sure when 1903 Final
  20. Bruinator

USB splitter for Tablet

Nothing extravagant, just a Dragon Touch X10 10.1" Android 7.0 Tablet PC16GB HDMI Wifi 5500mAh Refurbished so i can watch movies, browse net and email anywhere in my house and outside of it.
  21. Today
  22. Brandon H

USB splitter for Tablet

what model of tablet? most Android based tablets support generic USB-OTG cords but there are some *cough*Dell*cough* that require a proprietary cord
  23. Get one year of Readitfor.me Standard Plan for only $29 ($199 off) by Steven Parker Today's highlighted deal comes from our Apps & Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where for only a limited time you can save 87% off a 1-Yr subscription to Readitfor.me Standard Plan. Stay ahead of the business curve with the leading book summary service. What's the deal? If you want to get ahead and stay atop of the business world, you need to be constantly learning and consuming new knowledge. That's not easy to do — who has time to read hundreds of books every year? Readitfor.me does that for you. The leading book summary service for entrepreneurs, executives, and business coaches, Readitfor.me condenses the most important books into twelve-minute summaries that will keep you up to date on the most important trends in the business world. Stay ahead of the curve w/ access to all current & future summaries Dive into a massive library w/ over 300 high-quality summaries Get summaries of best sellers, classic reads, & books that will help you solve specific problems like productivity, tough conversations, management, and more Learn from summaries that have been carefully chosen & professionally curated only the most important ideas and practical tips View animated video summaries that enhance your takeaways Top book summaries include: Steve Jobs, Made to Stick, Rework, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, To Sell is Human, Hooked, Creativity Inc, Leaders Eat Last, Sapiens & 10% Happier Good to know Includes access to all current and future titles. Length of access: 1 year Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For specifications and license info please click here. What's the benefit? A one year subscription to Readitfor.me Standard Plan normally costs* $228, but it can be yours for just $29 for a limited time, that's a saving of 87% ($199) off! There are also discounted deals for a lifetime subscription or 5-year plan. >> Get this deal, or learn more about it here << See all of our current Apps & Software deals This is a time-limited deal. Save even more! Stick with Neowin Deals and earn credit or even deeper discounts. Check out our recent deals here or on the Neowin Deals site. For every $25 spent, you get $1 credit added to your Neowin Deals account. Refer the deal for $10 credit via social media or email and if it results in a purchase of at least $10, you'll get $10 credit added to your account. 10% off for first-time buyers: be sure not to dismiss the popup offer to subscribe to email updates on the deals page in order to profit! Not for you? If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out our giveaways on the Neowin Deals website? There's also a bunch of freebies you can check out here. Enter to win a iPhone XS Max 256GB + AirPods via Neowin Deals today! Also check out some of the great deals we have on the site! https://t.co/ficZIw1Bny #giveaway pic.twitter.com/6NPIYlpkZR — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) February 22, 2019 Miscellany and the fine print! In some cases, such as with Online Courses, a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase is possible if you are unhappy with it; this does not apply to all deals, so please do check the terms on the page before making a purchase. Check our other recent deals, before they expire, or our preferred partner software. How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerces privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs. *Values or percentages mentioned above are subject to StackCommerces own determination of retail pricing.
  24. for the pre-loaded apps you usually have to reinstall them from powershell if you uninstall them https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-the-photos-app-in-windows-10/ if that doesn't work then I'd switch to the legacy Windows Photo Viewer as I posted above or another 3rd party photo viewer such as Honeyview. That way you don't have to do a complete system reinstall Honeyview is quite nice; I use it at work because they chose to uninstall the UWP Photos app and didn't re-enable the old Windows Photo Viewer (and reg changes are blocked by admin)
  25. Same here, I was able to try it out on a new system(Ryzen) and it installed just fine. Tried it on an i5 laptop and said the same thing. I was thinking I had just downloaded the wrong ISO (Home editions vs Business editions), laptop has PRO and the new system had nothing.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?