All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yes - the PRC is a big market (just based on population alone) - however, what price is being paid by companies (regardless of where they are from) to access it? How fair is the access? That is what the WTO trade rules are, in fact, supposed to govern, is it not? If the rules are not fair, then we (American companies) are there *why*? (The same applies to other companies, regardless of where they are from as well - why are they there if the rules are unfair?)
  3. The Windows 10 May 2019 Update still has some known issues to work out by Rich Woods Microsoft first announced the Windows 10 May 2019 Update in the beginning of April, promising to let it bake in the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider Program for a full month before releasing it in late May. The firm finally released the update to everyone today, but it still has some known issues. There are 12 known issues in total, with three listed as 'investigating' and nine listed as 'mitigated'. There are no issues listed as resolved. Here are the issues listed as 'investigating': Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility issue on devices configured with certain Intel drivers. Duplicate folders and documents showing in user profile directory If known folders (e.g. Desktop, Documents, or Pictures folders) are redirected, an empty folder with that same name may be created. Audio not working with Dolby Atmos headphones and home theater Users may experience audio loss with Dolby Atmos headphones or Dolby Atmos home theater. There are the issues that are listed as 'mitigated': Intel Audio displays an intcdaud.sys notification Microsoft and Intel have identified an issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers that may result in battery drain. Error attempting to update with external USB device or memory card attached PCs with an external USB device or SD memory card attached may get error: "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10." Older versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software incompatible Microsoft and BattlEye have identified a compatibility issue with some games that use older versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. Unable to discover or connect to Bluetooth devices Microsoft has identified compatibility issues with some versions of Realtek and Qualcomm Bluetooth radio drivers. Night light settings do not apply in some cases Microsoft has identified some scenarios where night light settings may stop working. Cannot launch Camera app Microsoft and Intel have identified an issue affecting Intel RealSense SR300 or Intel RealSense S200 camera apps. Intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity loss Some older devices may experience losing Wi-Fi connectivity due to an outdated Qualcomm driver. AMD RAID driver incompatibility Installation process may stop when trying to instal [sic] Windows 10, version 1903 update on computers that run certain versions of AMD RAID drivers. D3D applications and games may fail to enter full-screen mode on rotated displays Some Direct 3D (D3D) applications and games may fail to enter full-screen mode on rotated displays. Some of these issues are more notable than others, and some won't be fixed. For example, the only fix for older versions of anti-cheat software being incompatible is to get newer anti-cheat software, and that's up to the game developer to fix. Windows 10 version 1903 has been serviced several times while sitting in the Release Preview ring, so it's in much better shape than previous feature updates. It will continue to be serviced at least once a month for 18 months.
  4. That did not last long!! Since everything electronics that we use come from China, I wonder how long Trump can hold a ban on China... Now I know, a single day!
  5. I'm sure there's a relatively cheap upgrade you can get via Microsoft on their website, yes?
  6. The keyboard still isn't fixed.
  7. Not available via "Check for updates" here either.
  8. Yep of course. I've been toying with getting a 3a, but the lack (or limited amount) of on board storage would kill me. 128GB is a min for my needs. Yea the on board storage is the problem with me too. I just wish they would allow a sd card like Huawei does. They do - the SD card slot on the 3a (and 3a XL) is above the SIM card slot. (You are thinking of the onboard RAM - which is less than that of typical flagships.) Take a look at the unboxings on YouTube - this is gone into. The SD card *capacity* is also less than that of typical flagships. Thats GREAT! Thanks for the info!
  9. Why? Because US companies failed to compete? No, because one country should not have on-demand access to another countries citizenry data upon request. As per failed to compete, can you name a phone that is made in the USA? You must compare apples to apples. The definition of superpower seems to be changing. There is only 1 superpower in the world and the USA is it. China seems to be on its way to a secondary position, but how can it not with 3 times the population and all unfair trade practices it partakes in. Ask yourself, if China granted it citizens the same worker rights AND pay as USA citizens get, do you think they would grow anymore? No. China is feeding of the pain and suffering of the common worker. You can hate the USA for many reasons, but being for fair trade practices shouldn't be one of them. Ummm what? Then why your patriotic companies moved all their manufacturing to them? To get cheap labor? Why? Where is these companies' own ethics when they left their own citizens high and dry to get more beans? At least, well done for pointing that out.
  10. Just clean installed 1903 for the first time and HOLY Eye bleed Batman, those bright default colors AHHHHHHH. The dark is too dark, the light burns the eyes... where is the old theme? Think I found it.
  11. There have been no proof, all speculation, and I think it is all done via the U.S, because sales are falling of U.s products. This. It's little to do with security, and more to do with protecting Apple. i would never buy an iphone, and i know a few people who would not, even a friend of mine who love Apple Macs, said she would never ever buy another Iphone.
  12. "Trump declared a national emergency preventing foreign countries from any future imports". Trump is a national emergency, no I will go as far as saying he is a international emergency, there is something wrong with that bloke and he should be locked up. I can not believe that the U.s voted for him, just shows that what i thought about American people was wrong. I agree Trump isn't great etc, but this BS trade issue with China had to happen. The fact someone finally decided to do it is just down to timing. It could have been someone else as Pres. You guys need to look more into the BS China pulls on trade and see that this isn't so much a Trump being crazy/dumb thing. Trump don't like it because china can produce better technology at a cheaper price. a mate of mine has a Xiaomi, i have no idea what model, I do know it was cheap when he got it a couple of years ago or so, but was difficult to get int he UK. the specs for the price was amazing, even had a 1x optical zoom, be surprised how much difference that makes. My Huawei p10 lite is a great phone and offers much better value than anything else on the market at the price, apart from maybe a Xiaomi.
  13. Windows 10's Your Phone app can now view and send MMS messages by João Carrasqueira Over the weekend, Microsoft updated the Your Phone Companion app on Android, which lifted the requirement to be connected to Wi-Fi to sync data from your phone to your computer. This means that you can use mobile data to sync your phone. The update also included a new icon for the app. Now, Microsoft is making updates on the PC side of things, adding the ability to send and view MMS messages in the Your Phone app for Windows 10, in the same way you would see SMS. Media in those messages can also be easily copied and pasted on your PC, which might make it much more convenient to use those images. The news was shared by Microsoft's Roberto Bojorquez on Twitter: #WindowsInsiders with #Android phones guess what? With v1.19051.545 we started rolling out MMS support. You now can send and receive messages containing images and GIFs from #YourPhone app! (Just in time for those GOT memes 😁) Note: Requires OS 18362.113+(19H1) Or 18885+ (20H1). pic.twitter.com/Ybxen8f7T5 — Roberto Bojorquez [Microsoft] (@bojorchess) May 21, 2019 In addition to the new feature, the Your Phone app now has a new icon that matches the new design of the companion app on Android devices. Along with OneNote, this is one of the few pre-installed Windows 10 apps that already has Fluent Design iconography, and it should be a matter of time until it becomes more widespread. If you're a Windows Insider, you should be able to get the latest update as long as you're on build 18362.113 or higher in the Slow and Release Preview rings, or 18885 or higher if you're in the Fast ring. It's rolling out gradually, though, so don't be surprised if you don't see it right away.
  14. Security updates - yes Version upgrades while keeping Play Services - no Version upgrades while losing Play Services - yes
  15. LOOOOL of course you have to spend at least $2400 to buy the new device with a fixed keyboard, like when it fixed the iphone 4 antenna problem in the 4s, or 6 bend problem in the 6s, or the ipad 3 (?) charging problem in the ipad 4 (?)...
  16. Of course they can (that is how it works in China), but most people outside of China will want at least Youtube
  17. "Trump declared a national emergency preventing foreign countries from any future imports". Trump is a national emergency, no I will go as far as saying he is a international emergency, there is something wrong with that bloke and he should be locked up. I can not believe that the U.s voted for him, just shows that what i thought about American people was wrong. Don't blame all of us. Don't forget he lost the popular vote, over half the country voted against him and his approval rating has been abysmal for his entire presidency. Your voting system is as bad as ours, with the first past the post, time ours in the Uk was changed. you say his approval rating has been abysmal for his entire presidency, we will see if he gets in the next time. To be honest i am shocked no one have taken a pot shot at him.
  18. Grid 1 and 2 were very, very casual. Not sure about Autosport, haven't played that.
  19. Which can be used to download ISO. It downloads the esd and builds an iso. My way gets you the original iso which will match official checksums. Not a big deal for some, but I like having the official iso.
  20. it's just another media player now; the online services are what was shutdown So may as well use windows media player, better software anyway. Not for touchscreens. i don't have a touchscreen running windows and I can not see myself ever doing so. Ok, i will reword what I said, , windows media player is a better software for me.
  21. I have already got rid of the apps i don't want, but it is good that Ms have made it easier to remove more. now they need to make it possible to remove cortana and telemetry, but i doubt that will ever happen. There is nothing in the update i need, want or that bothered about, I will wait until i can be bothered to update or it comes a time when windows force me, which ever is sooner. Major updates are delayed on this machine for 12 months anyway.
  22. it's just another media player now; the online services are what was shutdown So may as well use windows media player, better software anyway. Not for touchscreens.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?