All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That's true.. I just wonder if a BIOS flash would help things? Or if that's what happened to begin with? I don't know how to diagnose and flash a BIOS for a GPU that won't boot though.. Sounds complicated.
  3. He was mocked because it was already part of the Air Force and moving it out of their purview is a waste of resources. No it isn't. Making it its own section of the armed forces makes perfect sense..clearly other countries think so to. You might try reading the original article, which states many countries are moving it INTO their air force.
  4. He was mocked because it was already part of the Air Force and moving it out of their purview is a waste of resources. No it isn't. Making it its own section of the armed forces makes perfect sense..clearly other countries think so to.
  5. hagjohn

new ryzen build - motherboard choices?

x570 had better options than x470, such as PCIE 4.0.
  6. Today
  7. PGHammer

Razer Phone 2 is available for $400 for Prime Day

Okay - why isn't it worth it? It has taller specs than the Pixel 3a, which is barely cheaper on Amazon, is not under embargo - yet it is flagged why? (In my case, it is due to my owning a 3a - which is running RC1 of Q, and that I am quite happy with.)
  8. It keeps intruders who can't be bothered to steal your hard disks out. To be fair if there is no encryption and they boot off some bootable media they can access your files willi-nilli
  9. Specs: 2700x (will upgrade to 3900x/3950x in the future), 32gb 3200 ram, 1 tb nvme ssd, vega 64 nitro+ gpu. Now for gpu, not sure if I should go for a x570 or x470 motherboard. I like the wfif 6 and bt 5 in the x570, that's it. x570: gigbayte master or asus crosshair hero viii (wifi) OR x470: asrock taichi or asus crosshair hero vii (wifi) Thoughts?
  10. Yesterday
  11. jnelsoninjax

Receiving -200 error when trying to upload a file

It is simply called guns.gif no special characters in the name, I even just now renamed it to make sure.
  12. BudMan

Upgrading Windows Server 2008 - Need advice

The extended support date of 2012r2 is 10/10/2023 But mainstream support ended for it as well in 2018.. You really should look to get with a current mainstream supported version. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=windows server 2012 Mainstream support for 2016 goes until 1/11/2022 A T310, those came out in what 2010.. Prob time to be looking for some current hardware as well
  13. jnelsoninjax

Voodo doll

I called my wife at work and asked, “Do you ever get a shooting pain across your body, like someone’s got a voodoo doll of you and they’re stabbing it?” Sounding concerned, she replied, “No!”
  14. NXTwoThou

Dark mode for Outlook mobile apps leaks in renders

Considering that your phone is not your mail server, then what are you really talking about? ActiveSync? IMAP? POP3? Remote mail sync (between your Outlook account and the other mail server)? What am I really talking about? I set up my work IMAP account in Outlook Android app. I get connections to my mail server that aren't from my phone's ip. I do some research and find out others have the same concerns that a mail app we install is routing our traffic through a third party location without notification. I uninstall immediately. Outlook, the activity continues. I power off my phone, the activity continues. I spend a few weeks working my way through several levels of MS support until I finally find someone that shuts off the process they created in azure with the username/password I entered in the app.
  15. All this electron hate. VS Code, MS Teams, Skype, Spotify, WhatsApp, Deezer, new Xbox GamePass app, new OneDrive app, new DropBox app, ... The list gets longer everyday. This is just the way of the future. Laptops are powerfull enough these days for this kind of apps. Furthermore usually management want multiplatorm releases and 1 UI/experience regardless platform. Electron does gives us all that while also giving the benefit of reusing the webUI. I know on MS Nerd sites people still see UWP as the future, but guess what...MS and the world has moved on 167MB of browser + VS Code logic 167MB of browser +MS Teams logic 167MB of browser +Skype logic 167MB of browser +Spotify logic 167MB of browser +WhatsApp logic 167MB of browser +Deezer logic logic 167MB of browser +new Xbox GamePass app logic 167MB of browser +new OneDrive app logic 167MB of browser +new DropBox app logic 167MB of browser + ... logic ---------------------------------------- 1.4TB redundant files + application logic. The same 167MB umpteen times with minimal logic set differences on top. This is why MSHTML was created back in WinME days to enable devs to build HTML stack apps without reinstalling a browser engine with every GD package. Also why MS claimed they couldn't remove it from XP when EU forced them to create the ballot screen. It seems like some people in the hallowed halls of MS have lost their way, embracing this nonsense.
  16. All this electron hate. VS Code, MS Teams, Skype, Spotify, WhatsApp, Deezer, new Xbox GamePass app, new OneDrive app, new DropBox app, ... The list gets longer everyday. This is just the way of the future. Laptops are powerfull enough these days for this kind of apps. Furthermore usually management want multiplatorm releases and 1 UI/experience regardless platform. Electron does gives us all that while also giving the benefit of reusing the webUI. I know on MS Nerd sites people still see UWP as the future, but guess what...MS and the world has moved on
  17. A large chunk of the Board wants to exit consumer markets, relying on the lucrative corporate cloud cash instead.
  18. Doesn't sound like much at all, true, but if you get that extra 120Mhz for the same TDP/Power usage, then it's a nice little gain. Operating frequency doesn't actually mean anything, you're interested in CPI, I've said it many times before. What good is a 20GHz processor if it takes 20,000 cycles to perform 1 instruction? It'd be absolutely useless.
  19. I don't understand why those Electron apps can't take existing Chromium installation already. Or have one Electron package for all of them. Because you want a unified experience when you deploy an app, you don't want to have loads of issue reports to go through only to find out some change in the browser on some people's computers has been updated or is too old or whatever and caused it to partially or completely break or mess things up. Not that I'm defending electron based apps, they're a cancer.
  20. jesseinsf

Dark mode for Outlook mobile apps leaks in renders

Dark mode is great for the battery and great for people who suffer with "Visual Snow Syndrome" (Look it up if you don't know what VS is).
  21. Eh there's really only 2 other pairs of headphones these are intended to target against and compete with.
  22. Great price for those that don’t need a drive. For example, my brother bought one for his young son, who owns absolutely no physical media. Everything is streamed from dad’s server.
  23. Needs another $90 chopped off. Give it time...
  24. The job losses and loss of revenue were a bit much for the US bottom line.
  25. So they didnt want to compete in the mobile space cos it was too crowded yet they decided to release headphones...
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?