All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No word if it was the vehicle or ground support equipment (GSE)
  3. I only have it as a backup, but it's really odd that things are getting logged in the browser history under 'Computer', not sure if it's normal or not, because it's happening on my laptop and desktop. Not even sure how long it would have been happening for since I don't even use it! Just happened to check when I saw it running in task manager.
  4. Today
  5. So now SD6xx will be used on a phone costing $600?
  6. They've unfortunately stated it won't have wireless as they still consider Dash charge or whatever they've changed the name to 'superior'. Remember "Never Settle".....
  7. You are still using IE?:P I noticed it running all the time on PC as well last week. It stopped now. I only use it to test work development stuff
  8. branfont

PotPlayer 1.7.18346 [Update]

now that MPC-HC has gone EOL I agree Isn't MPC-BE still around? yes but I've had some issues with it reading subs on MKV files; I can't seem to select them from the right click menu. normal MPC-HC didn't have this issue and neither does PotPlayer. that's my reason for moving away from the BE version. I have a lot of anime that i've ripped to mkv so that matters to me. You should check out MPDN (Media Player .NET), as I hear it's really good for anime, whether that is true or not, I'll let you decide, that is if you decide to try it.
  9. Brandon H

PotPlayer 1.7.18346 [Update]

now that MPC-HC has gone EOL I agree Isn't MPC-BE still around? yes but I've had some issues with it reading subs on MKV files; I can't seem to select them from the right click menu. normal MPC-HC didn't have this issue and neither does PotPlayer. that's my reason for moving away from the BE version. I have a lot of anime that i've ripped to mkv so that matters to me.
  10. branfont

Start10 v1.7

StartIsBack is the gold standard when it comes to Start menu replacements! I know people will say Classic Shell is, I don't use it, so I don't care!
  11. Police source: Notre Dame fire started at the center of roof Investigators have pinpointed the start of the fire that ripped through Notre Dame Cathedral on Monday, a police source told CNN. After police reviewed a cache of amateur video and photos from local residences, investigators believe the fire started at the center of the cathedral's roof towards the base of the iconic spiral, the police source said. The police source also told CNN that investigators are focusing on two potential problems relating to the outbreak of the fire. One issue under investigation is a possible problem with the fire alarm system sensors. Investigators' second line of inquiry, the source said, relates to the elevators that were built for the construction workers. The source provided no additional details on that. Two security guards at the cathedral told police they noticed the flames for the first time only when the flames were already almost 3 meters high ‪at 6:43 p.m. local time (12:43 p.m. ET), indicating the fire alarm sensors might not have been working properly, the police source told CNN. The first alarm rang ‪at 6:15 p.m. local time. An alert flashed on the Notre Dame security control screens showing which sensor was sending the alert. According to the police source, the two security agents went to check the location but didn't see anything at that time. When the second alarm rang ‪at 6:43 p.m. local time, the two security agents followed the alarm system instructions and went to another location at the top of the cathedral, where they then saw the flames. https://www.news4jax.com/news/international/police-source-notre-dame-fire-started-at-the-center-of-roof
  12. Michael Scrip

LG gram 17 unboxing and first impressions

I wish more laptops would offer 16:10 aspect ratios. Or 3:2
  13. And here does Mozilla what they can do best… blaming others for their own naivety – Have they really been thinking that Google is the friendly benefactor they acted towards Mozilla? And that removing features and choice and adopting stock features and stock design – as persuaded by Chrome engineers – would be a clever idea to mobilize the user-masses? And now where this failed – oh.. it is Google’s fault all along… because they have…. sabotaged Mozilla! The idea that Mozilla must blame itself for being naive… Impossible taught… never ever! It is always the other party which is to blame! The glory days of past Mozilla are SO over sadly!
  14. I've already done malware/virus scans. This is on both my laptop and desktop. Video/images are not being opened with Internet explorer. I do not use Internet explorer for anything, it's not my main browser and haven't used it in years. Both systems Windows 7 I was going through task manager and noticed iexplorer was open. Never use it so wondered why it was open. Looked at Internet explorer's History log, under 'Computer' it's listing every picture I have opened and every video I play. Ending Internet explorer, even when it doesn't show up in task manager, still logs image/video's I open in internet explorer. So, what's going on here?
  15. I don't know what game is playing Apple but we are read that PWA is coming to IOS for a couple of years. Anyways, with those new features, PWA on IOS is still a second-class citizen. And, AFAIK, PWA on IOS is still a Web App. That's where wrappers such as Cordova and phone gap come into play. You can write an entire app with HTML5 , typescript, css3, etc and have full native functionality using native plugins. At work I use the ionic framework (HTTPS://ionic framework.com). While it's not a pure PWA the code base is all web tech and adding a service worker turns it into a native PWA.
  16. It has a notch, so... no!
  17. VHMP01

LG gram 17 unboxing and first impressions

Only thing missing is the numpad!
  18. Maybe due to the use of McAfee. As for Windows-7, it remains a very viable OS--most especially with the constant update screw-ups in WIndows-10. Alas, what ever happened to a simple to use, reliable OS? But Windows 10 is reliable as long as you don't have hardware it does not like. either way, people can't hang onto Windows 7 forever as even for those die hard Windows 7 types of people, they will be forced to dump it not much after Jan 2020 since any security issues that arise won't be fixed. so, obviously, it won't be wise to use Windows 7 much after Jan 2020 at the latest. so their only real options at that point are... upgrade to Windows 10 or move to Linux. NOTE: the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 still works as I tested this myself within the last month or two. Being lazy as heck here, but how can I get the free upgrade from 7 to 10? I was looking around for that the last time I was on wife's Windows 7 machine and couldn't find anything. Didn't spend a ton of time on it either. Now that I'm finally used to Windows 10 (not saying I really like it yet though) I was thinking of checking out if it's still possible. It is still possible as you simply use the upgrade option from within the official Microsoft program from a registered copy of Windows 7 etc and it will work. pretty much from here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (if your on a Linux machine it will likely redirect you to the ISO link instead. so to get the proper file you need to be on a Windows machine when going to that link) ; which should get you the 'MediaCreationTool1809.exe' and run the 'upgrade' from there. but it definitely still works as I used it on a couple of older laptops to try it out a month or two ago and Windows 10 was activated after it finished at which point, if you want, you can wipe the drive and reinstall Win10 clean and it will automatically activate. p.s. but both of those laptops I tested Win10 on in the last month or two are currently running Linux Mint as Win10 is simply too slow on them as Mint runs all around smoother.
  19. It doesn't make much sense to build a game at this early stage of development, first you make sure you have enough of the engine ready that can do what you want it to do before really focusing on the game otherwise you will end up replacing much of the game you've made. A lot of developers know this but they don't have the problem of the game being on the market for gamers to play with whereas in this case, they kind of have to do the game back to front because of the backers wanting to play the game. Early stage of development? Am I missing something? Yes game "publishers" are releasing games before they are fully ready but they always have a gameplay in there - Forever in development is not better than rushed out games. The problem is that you rarely get to see games at this stage of development, if Star Citizen was developed by a publisher in the normal sense then we would likely not of heard a thing about this game yet. Look at CDP Red with that Cyberpunk game, that game started development around the same time Star Citizen did and yet we have little to show of that game apart from what they wanted to show us. Big games take time to develop and more so big games that are trying new things out and I suspect Star Citizen is far more grander then that Cyberpunk game is. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they can deliver, if they fail then I don't lose much but if they deliver on even half of what they promise, that could be a game changer for games and gamers that have been following the Star Citizen project will know what I mean by that. Beside, most triple a games are rushed out before they are ready and in many cases are cut down with dlc contents being added in later to inflate the price of the game. In the case of Star Citizen, they have around 500 people working on the game over 4 studios with a budget once you cut out the fluff far higher then what GTA 5 had and that budget keeps going up and the best part about it is that there is no publishers to say what they can and can't do. IMHO you have a "drank the kool-aid" attitude about this. While this game CAN be technically impressive, it is a glorified pyramid scheme entirely because it had no real gameplay that players can engage with in an ongoing way. Real games can survive a multi-year development cycle when the game is actually playable and is refining and building on that. Take Minecraft for example. It was a hit before it ever reached 1.0 and people were playing with others. As such it could absolutely afford a multi-year beta cycle. This "game" offers you the ability to buy ships. The number of people working on it doesn't matter, the impressiveness doesn't matter. The point is that we paid money now we want to see the result of that payment. They move the goalposts so often that it's a joke every time we hear the new roadmap. It won't matter. The burger you ordered 2 years ago was inadequate and we're re-engineering the feed that will allow the cow to grow to a better food source. We predict you'll be fed in 18-24 months time. Enjoy the table in the meantime, and please buy more of our trays! They'll make the burger look real nice! The point that there is no real gameplay in this tells me that they haven't figured out where the goalposts really are yet. Every other major MMO ever conceived knew this right out of the gate. Not to mention the single player game that should also be coming. It's not a "game" that deserves praising. It deserves CLOSURE. Like I said above, it doesn't make much sense to make much of a game when they are still changing so much of the engine, that would be a waste of time and money, it would be like building a house without the foundations in place. So expecting much of a game when they are still doing a lot of work the hood doesn't make any sense and clearlly shows you don't know how game development works. Also, it's made all the worse here because the game is crowd funded so they have to show something to the backers and that isn't easy to do when making many changese under the hood and in all honesty, they are doing pretty well balancing the two. So let me get this right, you are comparing Minecraft to Star Citizen? I can imaging the changese they had to do to make that game lol, clearlly the two games are very diffrent and making a enging to create Minecraft is a lot easier then Star Citizen, also, Minecraft wasn't hardly reinventing the wheel, in a sense it was going backwords with that game. We should also remember that there is no way CIG could have predicted they would bring in so much money and that changese the scope of what kind of game they can deliver but that also means a lot of delays, but in many ways, they are already delivering more then what was promised in many areas, they just need to show us more of a game so we can get a feeel for how the game is but that will happen with time.
  20. Copernic

ScreenToGif 2.17.1

ScreenToGif 2.17.1 by Razvan Serea ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder. Features: Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video. Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording. Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top. You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc. Crop and Resize. Remove frames that you don't want. Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding. Add the system cursor to your recording. Very small sized and portable executable. What's new in ScreenToGif 2.17.1: Updated the German and Danish translations. Bug fixes: There was a couple of overlapped visual elements on the Progress panel. More info: Known issues Download: ScreenToGif 2.17.1 | Portable ScreenToGif | ~2.0 MB (Open Source) View: ScreenToGif Home Page | User Guide Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  21. "The new icons for outlook are complete trash" "icons", "are"? There's only one new icon for Outlook. Also this is a topic about Teams, not Outlook. Even so.. as with all things you can't please everybody, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. That said, when the new suite of icons for Office got announced a few months back, most people here commented that they were nice, or better than the old ones. I didn't see much in the way of negative comment. What's horrible is the pairing with white background on iOS. The white background is horrible.
  22. Yeah the version of Java included in a Linux distro doesn't rank high on the things I needed to know today, or ever.
  23. jnelsoninjax

Divorce

A Scottish dad calls his son in London the day before Christmas Eve: “I hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing"... "Forty-five years of misery is enough”, he continued. "Dad, what are you talking about?" the son screams. “We can't stand the sight of each other any longer” the father says. “We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Leeds and tell her.” Frantically, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. “Like hell they're getting divorced!” she shouts, “I'll take care of this!” She calls Scotland immediately, and screams at her father “You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up. The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife.
  24. lol, what groundbreaking new feature is coming out with the next build of Windows 10? You could flip that and say what groundbreaking new featue is coming out to any OS? Both of them are mature, it's all about little things now. Obviously. It was a question to Brony about what's so ground breaking with 1903... Mojave https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-features-macos-mojave/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-features-macos-mojave/ Windows 10 October 2018 https://pureinfotech.com/windo...version-1809-new-features/" rel="external nofollow">https://pureinfotech.com/windo...-version-1809-new-features/ And of those linked features, which one is the most ground breaking to you?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?