All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I tried all suggestions. Thanks @Brandon H @BudMan @jnelsoninjax @warwagon Unfortunately, none of these worked 😡 I have reset my PC. With some new installing of software... everything works again: Calc is opening up, Photos app is working, MS Store is launching. Happy again 😁
  3. " In a statement to TechCrunch, JCPenney clarifies that support was dropped for all forms of contactless payments..." Thanks for this clarification, I thought it was weird that the initial report said they dropped Apple Pay specificially, cos I didn't think this is possible to drop support for specific xxxx Pay methods, as the specs are just "contactless specs" which anyone can support.
  4. The video is lores because someone shot a display screen using their cell phone. Crop/zoom = instant small blurry frame. Most spacecraft use hypergolics for reaction control including crewed vehicles; Soyuz, Starliner, Orion, Apollo, Space Shuttle, Shenzhou, etc. Dream Chaser doesn't use them, but it's not flying yet. Starliner also has its hypergolic abort engines !in the "pusher" configuration - no tower. The advantage is that an abort is available from the ground all the way to orbit (Abort to Orbit if the upper stage fails) rather than just the first 2-3 minutes. Carrying more hypergolics for launch abort increases risk in the same way having a 10 kt nuke drop on your head is "more risky" than having a 1 kt nuke dropping on your head. thunderf00t is wrong in saying there's not much to go wrong, there's plenty. Ground support equipment or humans could mess up, or as I postulated above the pressurization gas bottle or it's main line could let go, causing a chain reaction failure of the NTO and MMH tanks and/or plumbing. As for salt water contamination, the SuperDraco's have caps over their nozzles which only fly off if the engine fires. Landing in water absent an abort they're still in place. Also; the smaller Draco thrusters had been fired twice before this event using the same propellant tanks. If salt had got in the tanks ISTM the tanks would have failed then.
  5. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.13.1.63 Beta by Razvan Serea MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit protects against all known and unknown 0-day vulnerability exploits, protecting users where traditional antivirus and security products fail. It consists of an innovative patent-pending vulnerability-agnostic application shielding technology that prevents malicious vulnerability exploits from compromising computers. Includes "shields" for all major browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) and all browser components such as Java, Adobe Reader, Flash and Shockwave. Blocks all exploit kits such as Blackhole, Sakura, Phoenix, Incognito without requiring any signature updates. No need to train or configure, MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit is 100% install-and-forget anti-exploit solution. MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit is based on the former product ExploitShield from ZeroVulnerability, which was acquired by MalwareBytes. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.13.1.63 Beta changelog: Protection Improved protection techniques for browsers and MS Office applications Improved exclusion capabilities Usability: Updated shield list to include Chrome and Edge Browsers Improvements to reduce False Positives Stability/issues fixed Improved Logging capabilities Internal Product Improvements Notes: This is a full Beta version with premium features available to Free users. Download: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.13.1.63 Beta | 1.9 MB (Shareware) View: MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit Website Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  6. Galaxy s6 and s8 and s9 owner here. Love them. I did not find a better phone on the market. Tried LG but did not like it. HTC has long lost the lead and Oneplus or Huawei dont have a same appeal to me.(maybe soon) however I would not touch a 1st get foldable phone. the price is already outrageous plus we all knew there would be 1st gen risks I wouldn't spend one dime on a foldable device until at least the 3rd generation of it. That won't be for a long time to come either.
  7. Today
  8. MS should consider Bing Maps on iOS. As I am forced to switch from WM10, I'll miss Bing Maps.
  9. The Mortal Kombat series peaked with UMK3 (arcade) back in the day. the 3D era never quite captured the magic of the good-ol-days.
  10. Some interesting points from Thunderf00t... A couple of things to take away from what he says... 1. That camera... WTF did they use? A 1990's webcam? 2. Hypergolics apparently don't explode, they burn.
  11. In the UK if a store or business accepts card payments, then they have to also accept contactless. They can do away with card payments and there are still many businesses, certainly here where I live that don't take cards, Not having contactless don't bother me, it was only recently that my local shop went to contactless, because they have no choice now, I do not use contactless myself anyway and prefer to pay in good old British cash.
  12. DogEars

LG gram 17 unboxing and first impressions

I bought one of these about 3 weeks ago. The display is the highlight of course. Lot of real estate in a portable package. One thing that still surprises me is the weight, it's pretty amazing something this big is this light. I've been using this for Visual Studio 2017/2019 development, Photoshop, etc. Love having a 16:10 screen again, 16:9 is the devil. Touchpad and keyboard should have been bigger. That's a big design miss IMO and something I would expect them to correct in the successor. Really fantastic machine, definitely not on the cheap side but honestly it's hard to get something really nice for less than $1400 anymore. Everyone's definition of nice is different of course. Would buy this again in a heartbeat and if they improve the touchpad & keyboard size I might jump on the next offering.
  13. The ugly part of it all is... how MANY of us here were asking these sort of questions? I remember reading Neowinians including myself talking about pocket lint or sand/dirt caught between the folded screens, but then to think none of that got tested?? I just don't get it... Here's hoping by 2020, they show off the Galaxy Fold doing 100,000 folds in a manufactured sandstorm. They wanted to be the first and came with a rushed product.
  14. LucasFrance

NirLauncher 1.22.5

I use WSCC (https://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/" target="_blank">https://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/...ps://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/) that is even better as it incluses several other great utilities (like the sysinternals ones and many others) additionnaly to the Nirsoft ones.
  15. Copernic

Kodi 18.2

Kodi 18.2 by Razvan Serea Kodi (formerly known as XBMC), is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a hard-drive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons. Kodi can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback, so you can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available. Use your media as-is: Kodi can play CDs and DVDs directly from the disk or image file, almost all popular archive formats from your hard drive. Kodi will scan all of your media and create a personalized library complete with boxcovers, descriptions, and fanart. There are playlist and slideshow functions, a weather forecast feature and many audio visualizations. Once installed, your computer will become a fully functional multimedia jukebox. Download: Kodi 18.2 (32-bit) | 58.0 MB (Open Source) Download: Kodi 18.2 (64-bit) | 60.1 MB Download: Windows Store Links: Kodi Home Page | Kodi for Android | Release Notes Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  16. In other news, Telsa also announced a spin-off corporation named OmniCorp.
  17. Year of the linux desktop is already here, you just need to try it full time my friend. I did try it on my laptop for 2 weeks. 1 week for each distro. I tried Ubuntu, and Linux Mint. The fonts just looked weird, and there was a lot of wasted space on the GUI. There was just something about the GUI that does not look right, compared to Windows 10. You know you can change ALL that, right? I can change the spacing on the menu's between the text? Like this bit? https://imgur.com/ht1WMGk
  18. Ya, I love my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. All be it my toilet tablet. Was going to install a custom rom but they locked the bootloader so that sucks. After I debloated it and turned on airplane mode and then enable Wifi, I can get about 16 days out of it on a full charge as a toilet tablet "toilet tablet" LOL
  19. Ya, I love my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. All be it my toilet tablet. Was going to install a custom rom but they locked the bootloader so that sucks. After I debloated it and turned on airplane mode and then enable Wifi, I can get about 16 days out of it on a full charge as a toilet tablet
  20. At least Tesla's don't roll stop signs like humans do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlThdr3O5Qo
  21. This is why I love Samsung Pay. Works whenever stores try to do this crap. it's a nice concept but the question is how long Samsung will continue to include the special chip required to make it function in their devices. they seem to limit it to flagship devices (S range) now; they even removed it from the latest Galaxy watch for some reason and just left normal NFC Yeah, once the old swipe terminals are phased out, won't be an issue, but I run into a lot of place that have the chip readers, WITH a sign taped over them that says "swipe only" because whoever owns the business hasn't updated, or the bank software or whatever won't work with the chip readers.
  22. Interesting. I've got a Gear S3 Frontier, OnePlus 6T...never had an issue.
  23. Hope they don't start that program in my city. I like living.
  24. I'm surprised there aren't more manufacturers who make super large tablet.
  25. Elon's been smoking too much weed this morning...
  26. Tesla wants to launch a "Robotaxi" service by next year by João Carrasqueira Today, Tesla held its Autonomy Day presentation, where the company discussed many of its efforts in self-driving technologies. The company announced that its new Full Self-Driving (FSD) Computer is now being built into every Tesla model right out of the factory, and it promises to be more capable than any other system of its kind that's currently available. Along with that, the company has announced plans to launch a "Robotaxi" service sometime next year. As you can infer from the name, Robotaxi will be a ride-hailing service, similar to the likes of Uber and Lyft, but it will be powered by self-driving vehicles alone. Anyone who owns a Tesla can choose to share their car for this purpose, but the company itself will also provide a fleet of cars for areas where there might not be enough customers to share rides. Tesla would also take between 25% and 30% of the revenue from rides. This service would be enabled by the aforementioned FSD computer, which is capable of providing full autonomy in driving without requiring a human driver. The missing element, for now, is software, which still has to catch up with the capabilities of the system. Musk claims that the software should be ready to handle full self-driving scenarios sometime next year. "From our standpoint, if you fast forward a year, maybe a year and three months, but next year for sure, we’ll have over a million robotaxis on the road", Musk said, adding that the fleet can come alive with a simple software update. The CEO of Tesla did note, however, that availability for the service would be dependent on regulatory approval in different regions, so it won't be available everywhere right off the bat. Musk is also known for being overconfident in his predictions, so it remains to be seen just how soon people will actually start being able to use the Robotaxi service. Nonetheless, Tesla isn't the only company gearing up to provide fully autonomous rides to users. Alphabet's Waymo has been testing a similar service in some parts of the United States. Source: TechCrunch
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?