All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I've noticed that with other sites too, the endless countdown timer. Or the sale which every day says its going to expire in 24 hours.
  3. The kyrptonite was loss of sales and eventual alienation of their customers all in the name of the most repulsive margins and gains in business. Will someone point out to them when you pixx off your customers over lies and embellishments, they often leave for good. Such as we can't fix your know warranty battery and home button because you have a scratch on the frame of your phone. It's abuse you know. (That was my experience with Apple warranty) I'm never going back.
  4. Nord must be on an advertising blitz, i must see a commercial from them at least once every show.
  5. Super sketch they always have the count down timer running but it never actually ends. This "temporary" sales has been on for the last year at least.
  6. Shame about the health care. Totally relevant. Pros and cons.
  7. Your last question is so vague that it cannot be answered.
  8. So this only concerns the battery.....they can still throttle the CPU at will.
  9. Today
  10. My NVME says 26,000 GB on SMART. And life is 80 % , this is about 2 years of owning. What's up with these nvme stuffs.
  11. Pick up the A to Z Microsoft Excel Certification Training Bundle for just $49 by Steven Parker Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where for only a limited time you can save 96% off this A to Z Microsoft Excel Certification Training Bundle. It's time you learn today's most essential Office skill in this 45-hour bundle. What's in the deal? This bundle consists of six courses, listed below: Microsoft Excel: Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions Master 75+ Excel Formula & Functions with Hands-On Demos Microsoft Excel: Data Visualization, Excel Charts & Graphs Master 20+ Charts & Graphs in Excel 2016 with Hands-On Demos Microsoft Excel: Intro to Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX Get Up & Running with Excel's Data Modeling & Business Intelligence Tools Microsoft Excel: Data Analysis with Excel Pivot Tables Master Excel Pivot Tables & Pivot Charts with Hands-On Demos Create Data Models & Relationships in Excel Develop Your Skills & Knowledge On How to Create Data Models Microsoft Excel 2016 Master Class: Beginner to Advanced Learn Today's Most Important Office Skill Microsoft Excel from Beginner to Advanced The Complete "How-To" Excel Crash Course Master Microsoft Excel Macros and Excel VBA Use 6 Simple Projects to Become a Master Working with Excel Macros & VBA Good to know Length of time users can access courses: Lifetime Certification of completion included Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For terms, compatibility, and instructor info click here. What's the benefit? This A to Z Microsoft Excel Certification Training Bundle normally costs $1,600*, but you can pick it up for just $49 for a limited time, that's a saving of $1,551 (96%) off! >> Get this deal, or learn more about it here << See all discounted Online Courses on offer. This is a time-limited deal. Save even more! Stick with Neowin Deals and earn credit or even deeper discounts. Check out our recent deals here or on the Neowin Deals site. For every $25 spent, you get $1 credit added to your Neowin Deals account. Refer the deal for $10 credit via social media or email and if it results in a purchase of at least $10, you'll get $10 credit added to your account. 10% off for first-time buyers: be sure not to dismiss the popup offer to subscribe to email updates on the deals page in order to profit! Not for you? If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out our giveaways on the Neowin Deals website? There's also a bunch of freebies you can check out here. On the Neowin Deals website we're giving away a Galaxy S10 - but you gotta be in it to win it! https://t.co/iFkLzcFsHk #GalaxyS10 #giveaway pic.twitter.com/WMXGA50EvV — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) April 1, 2019 Miscellany and the fine print! In some cases, such as with Online Courses, a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase is possible if you are unhappy with it; this does not apply to all deals, so please do check the terms on the page before making a purchase. Check our other recent deals, before they expire, or our preferred partner software. How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs. *Values or percentages mentioned above are subject to StackCommerce's own determination of retail pricing.
  12. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg... The solution in the comment above seems to work for me. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye and remove the folder.
  13. figured it out. i removed this folder - c:\program files (x86)\common files\battleye after that the upgrade worked Hm, this seems to be working for me as well. Can't believe the installed doesn't actually tell the user this.
  14. Tried it last night. My first issue is that the razer keyboard disables win key while gaming. OK i changed the key bind there. then after i recorded for a bit i realised that keyboard input was not captured by the game until i pressed stop recording
  15. Can't be that much more difficult to replace. The iPhone X is easier to repair the screen on for example, due to the lack of a home button. All you really need is the right tools to do it. Considering the original iPhone had the battery soldered on, I think we're okay in terms of what is difficult and what isn't. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/i...ion+Battery+Replacement/448 Some are easier than others, but in the push for IP68 phones, that's probably the one thing I've seen that makes the repair process kind of suck is the amount of adhesive needed between the parts.
  16. PGHammer

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

Is it for the benefit of humanity - or the benefit of those seeking *cheap goods*?
  17. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg... I wonder why they just don't show us what the problem is. The wizard clearly knows cause otherwise it wouldn't throw that message. I've also tried the release preview of the Insiders Builds, but it's giving me the same message.
  18. dead.cell

What an absurd thing to wish harm onto other parties for following the laws of their country. I suppose we should hope for the demise of the UK for pulling away from Huawei as well? Because it's not like Google has actively worked to censor their search engine just to get business in China... but go ahead and take your anger out on them I guess lol. Their HQ is the only British thing about ARM now... it's owned by Softbank, a Japanese company... they bought it 3yrs ago... so nothing to do with the UK govt. Not talking specifically about ARM, but rather the movement away from Huawei and their 5G technologies altogether. The story is bigger than ARM...
  19. LG begins rolling out Amazon Alexa support for its 2019 ThinQ AI TVs by Paul Hill LG has said that it’ll begin rolling out support for Amazon Alexa in 14 countries on its 2019 ThinQ AI TVs. It said that TVs in North America will get the update this month, followed by TVs in Europe and Asia which will be updated in the succeeding weeks. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app and arrive on LG's UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs, and OLED TVs from the 2019 ThinQ AI line-up. The supported countries at the time of the announcement are Austria, Australia, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Discussing the software update, Brian Kwon, president of Mobile Communications and Home Entertainment companies at LG, said: “The addition of Alexa support is another example of LG’s commitment to simplifying our customers’ lives. We will continue to enrich the user experience going forward with a diverse range of convenient AI services and features.” The company also took the time to announce that its 2019 OLED TVs and select NanoCell TVs will receive AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support in an update scheduled for the middle of the year. AirPlay 2 will give ThinQ AI TV owners the ability to watch videos on the Apple TV app and content from other connected Apple devices. With the addition of HomeKit, users will be able to control their TV via Siri or the Home app.
  20. Paul1979UK

True and I suspect many companies and governments are going to look to diversify and look for alternatives, after all, what the US is doing with Huawei and China, they can do to any company and country around the world and yet we still don't have any evidence of wrong doing from the US government on Huawei yet. So in the long run, this is likely going to hurt US interest the most whiles hurting China in the short term, in the long run, US based companies could find it hard to do business in China which would be a major advantage to other companies and countries that have more open access to that market and expect them to use that advantage on the world stage, in other words, this could really sideline the US if they are not careful.
  21. They sure do. Cars are well priced too, especially the top end. As is fuel, damn!
  22. Paul1979UK

With all the crazy things the US has done over the last couple of decades trusting anything coming out of the US government is just plain dangerous! It gets worse because so far we've not seen any wrong doing or evidence from the US government on Huawei, I suspect many governments and companies around the world must be thinking, if they can target that company and countries, what to say the US can't target any other from around the world? We could end up finding out that many countries and companies from around the world could look for alternatives to US based tech and services as a insurance policy in case the US gets too aggrieve and in the end, this is just hurting US interest around the world whiles opening up the door to many rivals from around the world as I suspect many companies must be rubbing their hands with glee at taking advantage of US based companies being pushed out of China, expect them to take full advantage of this.
  23. Shame about the health care. Healthcare will all be irrelevant soon if you can buy a robotic replacement cheap off eBay.
  24. That means it's defective and you should return or RMA swap it. Why post something like that without doing so first? You obviously have a defective drive. Because I don't have time right now and reading reviews on Amazon I'm not alone and a lot of the RMA drives have the same issue. Sorry for sharing my experiences though I'm sure crucial appreciates your passioned defense of them. If you have time to read reviews and post on neowin, you have time to contact Crucial and get a replacement. Stop being ridiculous.
  25. Paul1979UK

I doubt they'll do that but I suspect they are going to take advantage of this and target specific US based companies to push them aside whiles also creating new rivals to them as China is a massive market that almost all companies want in. Thanks to that, other countries and companies around the world must be rubbing their hands with glee at taking advantage of this. So even thought this is hurting both the US and China, it likely is going to hurt the US a lot more because I suspect many other companies from around the world will jump at the chance to fill the void that the US leaves which ironically makes those companies a bigger rival to US companies around the world. At the end of the day, China is a massive market that everyone wants in and as the consumer base keeps growing, that trend is going to continue and the US needs to think careful here because they could put themselves at a major disadvantage by being blocked out of the Chinese markets compared to other countries and companies from around the world.
  26. I just came to the realization that with this build, the flash drive creation part of the Media Creation Tool is utterly pointless. You can't actually USE the resulting flash drive to upgrade a computer. Yeah, you can use it for a clean install, but otherwise what's the point? You can copy the contents to a folder and upgrade. But yeah, good point.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?