All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Adam1V

iPhone 11 Pro unboxing and first impressions

Also in the same boat with regards to Pro vs Pro Max. ive had the IPhone X for the last two years and also have the XR for work but just find the XR a little more cumbersome to handle.
  3. Unfortunately, in my state they've legalized pot. So instead of cigarette smoke my entire living room once a week is hotboxed by our neighbors. It's disgusting, and what's even worse is they have children in the house (which medically is terrible for them).
  4. I've been using Fira Code. Might give this one a go.
  5. Solid Knight

Microsoft might be rebranding Office 365 to Microsoft 365

They are? Which businesses? It's pretty simple, Office 365 is one of three elements of Microsoft 365, the other two being Windows and EM&S. Yeah, that's not the hard part of Microsoft subscriptions. The hard part is figuring out the right combination of add-ons but they've been working on clearing it up. E.g. Figuring out the right combination of things needed to use Teams as a fully fledged phone system used to be a bit of a maze since you had to cross reference all the features and add-ons with the requirements. They finally just published a table with the right combinations.
  6. Today
  7. Solid Knight

Microsoft might be rebranding Office 365 to Microsoft 365

It's even better when they interchange 'ProPlus' with Click-to-Run (C2R). ProPlus is a fully feature unlocked version of Office which allows things like GPO support. E.g. If you subscribe with an Office 365 E5 license, you get the ProPlus version of Office. This is in contrast to something like the Office 365 Business Premium subscription which does not include the 'ProPlus' version of Office. If you install the ProPlus version of Office but activate with an account that doesn't include 'ProPlus', it will downgrade the Office installation. Click-to-Run is the installations method. This is in contrast to the MSI deployments which Microsoft seems to want to kill off. So it gets real confusing when they say something requires 'ProPlus'.
  8. adrynalyne

OnePlus 7 Pro 5G semi-review: Testing out Sprint's 5G

You've got to get an article out as fast as you can because Interest over a topic dies with time. For a site that needs clicks to survive, I think it's ok. There is nothing wrong with Multiple articles for a product. I would like ideally 2 as the max rate. An unbox+preview, full review. No other writer here does it. Ive not seen another blog site do it. Also, the get it out as fast as possible ship has sailed. There are full reviews out there already. No other writer does it here because nobody reviews products full time like Rich. Many sites do this actually. There are full reviews from sites immediately after a product launch because those sites have already got the products before or immediately after launch straight from the company. For that you need to be a big enough site that draws in millions of visitors and maintain positive reviews to get future products for review. I would happily wait a week or two for Neowin to get the product and give an unbiased review than a rushed review forced to be positive. Please give me a link to another site or writer that does an unboxing, a first part review and a final review. Thanks!
  9. And I bet you think Android's beginnings has nothing to do with Google's CEO being a member of Apple's BOD. And, ignoring the reality that adrynalyne pointed out, two wrongs don't make a right. Furthermore, even if we accepted your version of events, immitating an idea is far different from outright stealing the designs of the idea, which is exactly what Huawei has been caught doing on numerous occasions across as many industries. Any advances that they have actually made are, plainly, just gains from reaping the rewards of theft of other's doing all of the core research and development. You're free to buy their stuff, but doing so is literally supporting that effort and encouraging them to continue doing it. Get lost. Show me proof of theft. Don't worry, I'll Google it for you: https://blogs.cisco.com/news/h...code-correcting-the-record" rel="external nofollow">https://blogs.cisco.com/news/h...-code-correcting-the-record And guess what Huawei is #1 in now? The same space as Cisco. https://www.npr.org/2019/01/29...e-s-trade-secrets-says-doj" rel="external nofollow">https://www.npr.org/2019/01/29...le-s-trade-secrets-says-doj Huawei is built on the back of many other companies. They clearly do some cool things on their own, but they're a company that no one should give money to. I have personally attended conferences where they hide their affiliation with Huawei (one US-bsaed, Huawei mentioned who he worked for in conversation, even though their badge said something else). "The litigation was between two private companies, not between governments. It’s not about the US or China and we respect the efforts the Chinese government is making to increase intellectual property protection. Rather, this dispute involved a very simple claim that one company used the other’s trade secrets and copyrighted materials without permission." Normal skit. Next! Doesn't rise to the level of the nonsense that white house cancer or you for that matter, are talking about.
  10. You've got to get an article out as fast as you can because Interest over a topic dies with time. For a site that needs clicks to survive, I think it's ok. There is nothing wrong with Multiple articles for a product. I would like ideally 2 as the max rate. An unbox+preview, full review. No other writer here does it. Ive not seen another blog site do it. Also, the get it out as fast as possible ship has sailed. There are full reviews out there already. No other writer does it here because nobody reviews products full time like Rich. Many sites do this actually. There are full reviews from sites immediately after a product launch because those sites have already got the products before or immediately after launch straight from the company. For that you need to be a big enough site that draws in millions of visitors and maintain positive reviews to get future products for review. I would happily wait a week or two for Neowin to get the product and give an unbiased review than a rushed review forced to be positive.
  11. I never understood the appeal of smoking cigarettes and the like as it's just poison going into your lungs etc with minimal to no benefit. why do people start smoking in the first place? ; because at least I can see the point of alcohol with people being taste or some who like to get drunk but with cigs, it's just nothing but negative as far as I can see. in fact, ill get a bit sick feeling if I have to breathe that crap in 2nd hand in the air. like a little in the distance won't really do much to me but if I can clearly smell it in the air with a little haze (or thereabouts) and I do that for some minutes etc Ill start getting a bit sick. p.s. even with alcohol... I never seen the appeal of getting wasted as when i drink it's largely for taste as I don't mind a slight buzz and thereabouts, but after a certain point ill simply back off as I don't like the feeling. because those people who drink so much they can't even remember what happened, they clearly drank WAY to much. I would say about the most I ever drank in a setting would be something in the ball park of roughly six 12oz beer equivalent, maybe a bit more(probably a little more I suspect given it was hard to gauge since it was mixed drinks and I think I had about 5 of those in a cup etc), but that was over several hours of time at wedding etc. but on an average week/weekend I typically don't drink more than about two 12oz beers (sometimes less, sometimes a bit more) and maybe a handful of times a year or so we will have some family get-togethers and ill drink a bit more here, like say 3-6 12oz beers (probably more towards 4-5, at least 3) or equivalent. I am glad they banned smoking in public places like restaurants etc here years ago in my state as I would be the same as you for sure if not. because without them banning it, people will continue to do it with no respect for others not wanting to breathe that poison it into their lungs.
  12. because smoking is the one thing that directly impacts other people's health around you. So either ban it being smoked in public spaces and in communities or ban it entirely. I'm tired of having to breathe in the smoke from other people who want to destroy their own lungs.
  13. Because that worked so well with alcohol in the past and drugs now.
  14. Personally I think we should just ban all smoking.
  15. Don't know about that, there are a lot of people and countries around the world that are not happy with Google forcing them to have all Google apps bundled together without being able to pick and choose. If Huawei allows phone makers with it's OS to pick and choose what apps can be set as default, many companies will be rubbing their hands with glee over that news as it will be a major opening to get into the market. Google knows this hence why it pleaded with the US government to back down on the trade war. I suspect if this does sell well, it likely will be in the Asian and European markets as we've seen a lot of resistant to Google apps being installed all together without any choice and also, phone companies will love this if they can pick and choose. Google could be in real trouble if sales numbers are decent on this. While I agree about bundling of it's apps as a issue, we should be able to remove what we don't want for example. But the big issue here is not the core apps like Chrome or gmail etc, it's not even having access to the play store itself. So you're going to have to get apps outside of it, and if you do that, which you could. If those apps are tied into all the APIs and services that come with using the play store, then they'll basically not run right or be broken. That true but as Huawei is a big company and China is a massive market, if another app store was on the market, I suspect most developers would put their apps on that store, any change needed on the api front should be quite easy for most apps. The real key to all this is that the US government forced the issue and Huawei have no choice but to react on this and and it's a given it will take off inside China and as I said above, there are many around the world that would jump on this. We should also remember, companies from all over the world would love to fill that void that the Google apps and services leave behind. As for the 99%, yeah right lol, there are many other app stores on the market, Amazon have their own, beside, this isn't about not using the app store as such but replacing it with another app store so from a users point of view, it isn't really that different, more so if a lot of the same apps are on that market which thanks to China being a massive market, most apps will be on it. If this was a small company or a small market then it wouldn't work but China is a different ball game and I suspect they will push this hard on the world stage because there are many that don't want to use Google apps or at the very least want more control in what apps they use.
  16. Why? I think most people just need to get through a day so it can recharged at night. 18 hour battery life when traveling for work sucks. Early mornings all the way to 1 or 2am sometimes. And no, there’s not a lot of time to sit around and charge up a watch. There’s plenty of room for improvement in Apple Watches battery department.
  17. notuptome2004

Apple Watch Series 5 unboxing and first impressions

Rich Woods. have you heard of Tmobile Digits if not look in to it not sure if it will work in your case
  18. Quantum computers are very good at solving all sorts of problems involving interconnected systems where the objects in the system can take on different states. Physics, biology, and weather forecasting are just a few of the subjects that would be helped immensely by having powerful quantum computing capabilities. What quantum computers aren't so great at is breaking modern symmetric encryption/hashing schemes with larger key sizes. Unfortunately, there are still many places where you will find smaller key sizes being used (including in plenty of older hardware). But anything with, for example, AES-256 encryption should be just fine for the time being.
  19. WinMacLin Guy

Nintendo Switch Lite unboxing and first impressions

It is surprisingly light for my expectations. Lives up to the name. I haven't felt cramped playing on it so far. i have a switch, not the light one. and i hardly use it. I also don't have a Switch Lite. But I use my Switch as my primary gaming system, mainly thanks to its portability. no idea why i dont use it, the screen is too small for my taste. And making the text bigger on games is not always an option. Yeah, the text on some games could be too small. I know people struggling with games like Fire Emblem due to the font size.
  20. Yesterday
  21. It's possible they didn't want a similar situation to the Windows 10 testing, where folks complain about instability on an alpha product. That, or it's yet another one of Microsoft's weird approaches that only makes sense in its head.
  22. Bandit889

OnePlus 7 Pro 5G semi-review: Testing out Sprint's 5G

I'm on Google fi myself after being on Sprint, and Sprint speed wise is a better network in NYC market than TMobile in my observation. Sprint 5G really is evolved LTE which is fine as reg LTE users benefit as well as load on network is decreased. Thought about switching back but like ability to actively switch between both networks with Fi. But glad OnePlus has more carrier deals
  23. Fuelhandler

I wear my Series 4 all day, and have 60%~75% left when I put it on the charger before bed. Yes, it doesn’t go for days like my old pebble, but it isn’t an issue with daily charging.
  24. And I bet you think Android's beginnings has nothing to do with Google's CEO being a member of Apple's BOD. And, ignoring the reality that adrynalyne pointed out, two wrongs don't make a right. Furthermore, even if we accepted your version of events, immitating an idea is far different from outright stealing the designs of the idea, which is exactly what Huawei has been caught doing on numerous occasions across as many industries. Any advances that they have actually made are, plainly, just gains from reaping the rewards of theft of other's doing all of the core research and development. You're free to buy their stuff, but doing so is literally supporting that effort and encouraging them to continue doing it. Get lost. Show me proof of theft. Don't worry, I'll Google it for you: https://blogs.cisco.com/news/h...-code-correcting-the-record And guess what Huawei is #1 in now? The same space as Cisco. https://www.npr.org/2019/01/29...le-s-trade-secrets-says-doj Huawei is built on the back of many other companies. They clearly do some cool things on their own, but they're a company that no one should give money to. I have personally attended conferences where they hide their affiliation with Huawei (one US-bsaed, Huawei mentioned who he worked for in conversation, even though their badge said something else).
  25. Ccl Ncc

I miss pebble more then ever!
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?