All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Too bad it didn't survive long enough to get its first renaming. :'(
  3. It seems a lot of people have zero idea what "review" means. Steam has to exclude these reviews just like they do with unrelated, off-topic negative ones.
  4. Implementing Sets was going to change the way applications load files to be more like OSX. I.e. if you loaded a file into Notepad that was already loaded in another Notepad window then it would just bring that window to the front instead of opening a new one. This was so that you could save and restore sets with ease. I suspect it was the consequences of that change more than anything else that brought it all to an end.
  5. I expect they will do little if anything. The iOS home screen layout is part of the brand. It may be boring but everyone knows how it works and normal people are happy with it. It’s mostly normal people who buy iOS products and you don’t want to get them confused with a big change. That's too bad. I'm kind of stuck in the Apple ecosystem, but am always yearning to have Android's home screen capabilities.
  6. Have you updated it to Pie yet? I did my 3t a few days ago.
  7. As bad as this is, better now than when crew are on it...
  8. Wired is superior to wireless as a rule. I'd like to see wireless charging on a OnePlus as a convenience measure but if it doesn't come right away, for me at least, it's not a major show stopper. ( I'd like to see them do more with the Digital/Analog Converter since I listen to music from Bluetooth phones quite a lot and not too many compete with the pure sound I get from my iPhone 8 Plus. ) I'm sure they have a road map for devices they can afford to build, meaning features but all that is based on the cost of materials. They can hand have made the OnePlus water resistant as we've seen in plenty videos but "IP certification" costs money and to keep costs down, they did not get the certification so we don't get those costs. But for what it does have in terms of processor, memory, screen, and design, to me it's worth the money they get for it.
  9. Weird that that they were at T-9 before the RUD. Also,
  10. It is on Android! https://play.google.com/store/...ils?id=org.supertuxkart.stk
  11. Today
  12. Stardock already did it in a nifty software called Groupy. and it works amazingly. Minimum memory consumption and most applications behave well. Strange that Microsoft could not bring this feature into the main Windows experience. I would tend to think that it was their way to push Edge and the windows store apps to more people instead of technical issues related to Sets.
  13. They could port it to Android or iOS and can enjoy some success rather than torture linux users with those dated graphics.
  14. jnelsoninjax

Explorer question

It seems to have resolved itself, slightly. If I close explorer with it collapsed it stays that way when I reopen explorer, but I have noticed that upon the first boot of the day it still expands automatically, despite leaving it in the collapsed state, but only on the first start up of the day.
  15. I never really cared for "Sets" in the short amount of time that I tried it and all I ever wanted was Tabs and an updated and improved File Explorer anyway. So hopefully there is still hope for that at least!
  16. Internet Explorer was the last browser that added tabs. And now, Microsoft is grumpy with tags again. Coincidence?, I think not!
  17. Copernic

FileZilla 3.42.0 Beta 1

FileZilla 3.42.0 Beta 1 by Razvan Serea FileZilla is powerful Open Source FTP/SFTP client with many features. It includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently. The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security. Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer, download queue, manual transfers, raw FTP commands and more. FileZilla 3.42.0 Beta 1 bugfixes and minor changes: Building and running FileZilla now depends on libfilezilla >= 0.16.0 (https://lib.filezilla-project.org/) Limit the maximum length of site, bookmark and filter names to prevent display issues and crashes due to some operating systems badly handling long texts When displaying message boxes, insert zero-width spaces into long unbroken words to prevent display issues and crashes due to some operating systems badly handling long texts Fix crash in the external IP address resolver Fix some assertions if a server sends bad file sizes Large refactoring of the socket code The thread pool from libfilezilla is now used for all worker threads Download page: FileZilla 3.42.0 Beta 1 | ~10.0 MB (Free, paid upgrade available) Links: FileZilla Home page | Documentation Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  18. Assassin's Creed Unity's recent Steam score jumps up due to giveaway by Florin Bodnarescu The week started with some upsetting news in regards to one of the most well-known Gothic cathedrals in the world, Notre-Dame de Paris. During renovations, the building's roof caught fire and was eventually destroyed by the blaze, although the main stone structure has thankfully survived. In support of the reconstruction efforts, Ubisoft decided to pitch in and also host a giveaway of Assassin's Creed Unity - which features the building - to raise awareness. While outside of the giveaway folks can still purchase Unity via Steam, the game still requires Uplay. That said, reviews on the former platform have been improving quite a bit since the announcement of the freebie. As is obvious from the graph, there was a big spike in positive reviews on April 16, with most if not all praising the publisher for its monetary pledge and of course, the free game. In many ways, this is the reverse of things like review-bombs that have happened to titles such as Firewatch, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, or previous Metro games following Exodus' Epic Games Store exclusivity announcement. Valve itself decided to combat situations like these by including histograms and deciding to nullify off-topic review-bombs going forward. In case you haven't done so yet, you can still grab your free copy of Assassin's Creed Unity via Uplay until April 25. Source: Assassin's Creed Unity (Steam)
  19. Elliot B.

Feedback from microphone

It's not enabled.
  20. Jim K

Feedback from microphone

Is this checked? If so...uncheck it. To get there ... right click on the speaker in the system tray > Sounds > Recording tab > Microphone > Properties > Listen
  21. MtnDewCodeRedFreak

Microsoft's tabbed interface feature, Sets, is probably dead

QEPD (Que En Paz Descanse). We hardly knew ye. Lol
  22. dustojnikhummer

LG gram 17 unboxing and first impressions

It has one.
  23. Open source kart racing game, SuperTuxKart, sees 1.0 release after 12 years by Paul Hill Image via SuperTuxKart The team behind indie game SuperTuxKart, an open source kart racing game, has finally announced the 1.0 release of the game following 12 years of development. The new update adds support for network races so that you can play with your friends online. Work has been done to better balance gameplay. The game itself is similar to Mario Kart in that you try to beat opponents in a kart race (in normal race mode) and use items to hinder their efforts. In terms of characters, the game uses mascots from popular open source projects such as Tux the Linux kernel mascot, Gnu the GNU project mascot, and Adiumy the mascot for the instant messenger client Adium. With the new update, it’s not just simple races that you’ll be able to do online. According to the announcement, various game modes including normal races, time trials, soccer mode, battle mode, and the new Capture-The-Flag mode are all available online. If you do decide to play online, the bandwidth requirements are low even when hosting 10 players, with the developers recommending that you have 1.2 megabits per second to spare. Some other updates include bug fixes and enhancements to the game in general, which should improve gameplay. There’s also a new track to play dubbed “Ravenbridge Mansion”. If you've never played it, or if it’s been a long time since you played the game, be sure to check it out as it has gained some nice features in the last couple of years, including entirely new and improved graphics. SuperTuxKart it is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
  24. Here is mine (not that I would buy this ... just was browsing NewEgg and decided to play ... A refurb Dell OptiPlex w/ an i3-3220 for $104 A refurb Asus 1060 for $119 An eVGA 400w PSU to replace the 275W Dell PSU for $25 (after rebate) A Mushkin 250GB SSD for $33 $19 left over ... might be able to get a cheap keyboard/mouse combo or two more 2GB memory sticks (to bring system memory up to 8GB).
  25. Elliot B.

Feedback from microphone

Creative HS800 Fatal1ty gaming headset (in-line volume set to maximum) Thermaltake Suppressor F51 case Gigabyte Z370XP SLI motherboard I only use the microphone. I use my Logitech Surround Speakers Z906 for output. I have the headset connected to the speaker/microphone jacks on the front of the PC case and when I tap the microphone or breathe through it, I can hear it through the speakers/subwoofer (which are connected to the rear motherboard audio ports). I can't hear myself talking into the mic, only when I tap it or breathe into it (the sound mainly then comes through the subwoofer). Any ideas? EDIT: FIxed it by going to Sound > Playback > double-clicking on my rear speakers > Levels > setting 'Front Pink In' to 0.
  26. I think even Microsoft did not understand the feature and how would they explain it to normal users. It will be back eventually I believe at least as tabbed File Explorer.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?