All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Are they bringing PhotoSynth out of retirement to use everyone's photos to create a 3D Point-map?
  3. The app list would look much better without the tile behind the program icons.
  4. DevTech

Diagnosing faulty Ethernet controller

In Device Manager - Network Adapters, open the driver settings - for LAN devices there will always be an "Advanced" TAB which has about 40 settings In general the settings are manufacturer specific, but anything labeled along the lines of "offload" gets the LAN device hardware to do some of the driver's work to reduce loading on the CPU. In some situations this can cause glitches and on a modern CPU the offload is insignificant. Also, "Interrupt Moderation" bunches interrupts into groups to reduce interrupt load on the CPU. Interrupts can be nasty on a modern multicore CPU since (by design) "Spinlocks" in the device driver STALL ALL THE CORES AT ONCE for multiple nanoseconds to solve data contention so increasing the moderation level can be very useful.
  5. Depends if it offers something you need. I think the only major stuff really is the sandbox and the fact that "cortana and search is separate" kind off. there are some tweaks to the start menu, which makes no difference to me as i have a third party one and Windows 10 will now nab another 7Gb of storage just for updates. i am in no rush Sandboxing i dont really care for, i used it when i used Fedora Linux, alla Flatpack Crap Not even close to the same thing. well it actually is, go an read the Docs of Flatpak. . Flatpak is more secure than Microsofts Rubbish. Well actually it isn’t, go try the feature yourself. Windows Sandbox is just a full VM. As for more secure? Quite possibly so. You never know what lurks in Linux though and you are comparing apples to oranges.
  6. Neat, but I'm still going to be going to Steam for Workshop mods on a lot of games. But the mods issue will never get better, so I will still probably use this.
  7. Taking the term "downsizing" to a whole new level.
  8. Man Americans get the best tech stuff at the best prices I'm legit envious af 😂 this would cost at least 50-100% more for me
  9. Awesome idea. Great company running it. Very pretty UI. I'm definitely intrigued.
  10. dead.cell

Huawei's laptops disappear from the Microsoft Store

I understand that, due to privately owned Huawei's strong links to the Chinese government, the US government is concerned about future firmware updates that could install backdoors, not about the lack of existing ones. It does seem a bit paranoid, and more like a Trump style negotiating tactic to squeeze more trade concessions out of China. No, St. Trump is no hero here, nor is playing some x-dimensional board game. This is about the other 5G hardware providers being unable to compete with Huawei on price, so the US is trying to eliminate them as a business through political maneuvering. And I thought that Americans loved the "Free Market" capitalism. SMDH. They do... in America, not where jobs are sent overseas. That has been Trump's whole campaign, what are you on about?
  11. Jim K

Guess what?!?!

Good to hear!
  12. MtnDewCodeRedFreak

Guess what?!?!

As per the title, guess what?! Remember last October when I had such an AWFUL time trying to install that god-awful Win 10 October 2018 Update? And that every time I attempt, it bluescreened at 75% of the “Working on Updates” stage? Wellllll .... THE MAY 2019 UPDATE WORKED!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!! I’m so happy!!! 😁😁😁
  13. Brony

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

one word : India One word: (or two) no way
  14. Eric Biran

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

This will end badly for Huawei. I have been saying this all along. They need to request, in no uncertain terms, "What is it you need for us to do?" The US probably has nothing concrete. Given time to respond, it will likely turn out to be only some minor software changes in the end. If Huawei complies, they earn millions more in profits in the US and Europe. If they don't, they risk losing access to Windows OS, Android, chipsets, licensing, and other intellectual property integral to their business. Even if they reinvent themselves with proprietary hardware and software, the negative press hit to their stock prices has to be costing them billions of dollars. But sure, go ahead and nuke your own company on the principle of some sort of vague nationalistic standoff between the US and China on the freedom to maybe do something later that you don't even want to do. Business-wise, their position makes no sense. The only way it makes sense is as a political negotiating chip.
  15. These Weeks in Firefox: Issue 59
  16. Depends if it offers something you need. I think the only major stuff really is the sandbox and the fact that "cortana and search is separate" kind off. there are some tweaks to the start menu, which makes no difference to me as i have a third party one and Windows 10 will now nab another 7Gb of storage just for updates. i am in no rush Sandboxing i dont really care for, i used it when i used Fedora Linux, alla Flatpack Crap Not even close to the same thing. well it actually is, go an read the Docs of Flatpak. . Flatpak is more secure than Microsofts Rubbish.
  17. i still havent been offered the update, cant say im really hanging out for it either.
  18. Today
  19. Depends if it offers something you need. I think the only major stuff really is the sandbox and the fact that "cortana and search is separate" kind off. there are some tweaks to the start menu, which makes no difference to me as i have a third party one and Windows 10 will now nab another 7Gb of storage just for updates. i am in no rush Sandboxing i dont really care for, i used it when i used Fedora Linux, alla Flatpack Crap Not even close to the same thing.
  20. Depends if it offers something you need. I think the only major stuff really is the sandbox and the fact that "cortana and search is separate" kind off. there are some tweaks to the start menu, which makes no difference to me as i have a third party one and Windows 10 will now nab another 7Gb of storage just for updates. i am in no rush Sandboxing i dont really care for, i used it when i used Fedora Linux, alla Flatpack Crap
  21. Had to revert back on my voice mail server. Could not get my USB voice modem to be recognized by ezvoice.
  22. figured it out. i removed this folder - c:\program files (x86)\common files\battleye after that the upgrade worked
  23. This is the new improved Microsoft version of flat. The 3D flat look. Enjoy it now, because next they'll go back to full 3D, then multi-colored 3D engraved look icons, then flat again, when the next management change happens.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?