All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. George P

Edge won't let you read ePub e-books anymore

It sounds to me like they are adding this to the new edge, look at what they officially said in the above update. The timing here is key. They're not removing this from the old one till they're ready to replace it with the new version of Edge. To me that sounds like they'll be adding as much of the old reader features into the new chromium edge as possible.
  3. George P

They're going to build it up in the new chromium edge from the sounds of it. Since this isn't going to go away until they're ready to replace old edge with the new one.
  4. Today
  5. Fleet Command

The world's first Quantum Radar has just been prototyped

So... no more radio warning receivers? No more RWR klaxons in military planes telling them they are being spiked by surface-to-air missiles? These planes can still detect incoming missiles, they just won't have an early warning. The missile has an excellent headstart. The article also mentioned "radar hunters". As I understand it, the way to hunt a radar is to use anti-radiation missiles. These missiles towards the source of the radiation. Clearly, they are ineffective against quantum radars. However, this means the quantum radars can also not be jammed by conventional electronic warfare planes. The intense radio noise that these planes emit is ignored altogether.
  6. freedonX

YouTube Music will now be available directly on Waze

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the reason. I have spotitfy open and playing while using Waze. How is this different (apart from being Youtube)
  7. Fleet Command

I don't know about you, but I don't insist on using the web browser to read e-books. Any good e-book reader will do. Calibre is free and open-source, you know.
  8. Fleet Command

Another consumer product of Microsoft got the ax. Why am I not surprised. I've been keeping the good old Calibre installed anyway. It is a better reader and editor.
  9. Tuskd

Absolutely worst decision. That was one of the few good things in UWP edge
  10. Alan Turing

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 pre-orders kick off today in the U.S.

#1 - ridiculous pricing #2 - No spec sheet #3 - why no mini? It's like Samsung isn't even trying to compete with Apple anymore. Is there any good mini Android tablet on the market right now?
  11. that's an interesting thought, wonder how much data is being scooped up just waiting to be decrypted years from now.
  12. I clicked this, thinking it said Qualcom radar >.< This sounds better though.
  13. I’m laughing so hard it hurts 😂🤣😂
  14. Storing passwords anyplace other than my brain gives me the heebeegeebeez! Actually, I do have them stored, but not within my browser or something like LastPass. Those thing give me the willies too! Not written down any where either. Using any kind of password that can be remembered gives me the heebeegeebeez Unlike you, where I know you have like 18 bazillion sites you log into, I guess I can understand you using LastPass, which I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you use. Definitely not trying to argue with you about the use of it, it's just those type programs/apps just make me to suspicious. I can remember my passwords because I only have a very few sites I actually have to log into and they're not really even real words but special jibberish that I use on those very few sites but with a slight modification to each site. ya 534 Ya, I thought it was some where around that number from one of your previous posts. Pretty close to 18 bazillion!! LOL
  15. Storing passwords anyplace other than my brain gives me the heebeegeebeez! Actually, I do have them stored, but not within my browser or something like LastPass. Those thing give me the willies too! Not written down any where either. Using any kind of password that can be remembered gives me the heebeegeebeez Unlike you, where I know you have like 18 bazillion sites you log into, I guess I can understand you using LastPass, which I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you use. Definitely not trying to argue with you about the use of it, it's just those type programs/apps just make me to suspicious. I can remember my passwords because I only have a very few sites I actually have to log into and they're not really even real words but special jibberish that I use on those very few sites but with a slight modification to each site. ya 534
  16. icwhatudidthere

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 pre-orders kick off today in the U.S.

Yes. But only for document scanning so it doesn't have to be great.
  17. cork1958

Malwarebytes 4 Beta released for download

I agree, for the most part. Main thing I don't like about newer version is the ability to disable the service. I let a version of this update one time and after noticing above effect, I reverted back to older version, which I can't think of what version that is right now.
  18. Were you seeing this happen in Windows 10? I hadn't ever seen that happen on that OS but it does pop up every time it's opened on the couple Windows 7 computers I've installed the Dev version of Edge on. Will really like this "fix" when it hits the Dev channel. Edge on Windows 7 is still quite snappy even if it doesn't manage memory or something like that, I believe is the difference between those OS's and Edge.
  19. Storing passwords anyplace other than my brain gives me the heebeegeebeez! Actually, I do have them stored, but not within my browser or something like LastPass. Those thing give me the willies too! Not written down any where either. Using any kind of password that can be remembered gives me the heebeegeebeez Unlike you, where I know you have like 18 bazillion sites you log into, I guess I can understand you using LastPass, which I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you use. Definitely not trying to argue with you about the use of it, it's just those type programs/apps just make me to suspicious. I can remember my passwords because I only have a very few sites I actually have to log into and they're not really even real words but special jibberish that I use on those very few sites but with a slight modification to each site.
  20. I just tried it out for a few minutes and while I like the idea of it the UI feels slow and unresponsive. Really? Please conduct further testing in other devices, it's just strange because I find it a light version of chrome. It's a really awesome browser it's my main driver for a while. I was using chrome everywhere and switch all the brave. Maybe your current browser is fast enough. I don't know. I'm using whatever the latest version of firefox is. I just feel like there is a bit of lag when opening and closing tabs and typing in the address bar. It's a minor thing but it's enough to make me not want to use it.
  21. It always says that when they release a cumulative update for an Insider Preview build, since it has no version name (meaning 1903, 1809, etc.). Really? First I'm noticing it.
  22. sc302

Could this be malware?

Need to drill into the processes to really see. I don’t know. I can’t do it for you. I gave you the tools. For errors to not show in event cower is odd if it is a hardware issue. If it were a big hardware issue you would get blue screens....is you computer locking up to where you have to reboot it? The issue you were having was high drive usage, has this changed? Are you now seeing high cpu usage? Os is it crashing?
  23. devnulllore

Could this be malware?

So I updated all my drivers as I usually would and am still having the issue. Windows Explorer CPU usage spikes, system lags for a second or two them stops and Windows Explorer crashes my desktop every now and then. Does this now sound more hardware related? Where do I go from here? I checked my MB temps and they are all ok.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?