All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Google Search makes it easier to find content within videos by João Carrasqueira Google has announced a new capability for its search engine, which will help users find the information within videos on the internet a little faster. When users look up a video, especially long ones such as how-to guides or documentaries, Search will offer links to key moments within the video, rather than forcing users to watch all of it if they don't need to. This will rely on help from content creators, which will need to add timestamps to their videos in order for them to show up in search results. The timestamps will show up alongside the title, given by the video creator, for that particular section, making it easier to get to specific parts of a guide, for instance. The feature won't actually be able to search for things written or spoken in the video itself. Currently, the feature will only be rolling out to those using Google Search in English, and it will only work for YouTube videos that have added the timestamps in the video description. Google says it's working to help creators across the web mark up their content so it can make use of the capability, so you'll be able to find content from channels such as CBS Sports and NDTV, as they add support for the feature. Regarding a rollout in other languages and regions, Google didn't provide any timeframe for when we can expect it to happen.
  3. Pretty darn sweet. Apple and Google really need to push the eSIM revolution, otherwise providers will just destroy it in its infancy.
  4. All the big game devs are doing this now so they can cut out the middle man (mostly valve on PC) and get to keep all of the money. You'll see more and more of these as time goes on. You can either install them or just keep getting the games the way you have been, unless they start to force you to install their stuff to get their games, then it's a different story.
  5. Starting with Firefox 74, new releases will arrive every 4 weeks by Paul Hill Mozilla has announced that it will begin shipping Firefox releases every four weeks in the new year. To prepare for the new release schedule, the firm is slowly closing in the gap over the next few releases, bringing the cycle down from seven weeks to six weeks, then five weeks, and finally to four weeks. The process will be fully shifted a four-week cycle with the release of Firefox 74 which is due on March 10, 2020. According to the firm, the Extended Support Release (ESR) schedule will not change, and it expects to release a new major ESR release every 12 months with a 3-month support overlap allowing for upgrades across businesses. The next major ESR releases are slated for June 2020 and June 2021. Discussing the new release cycle, Ritu Kothari and Yan Or from Mozilla, said: “Shorter release cycles provide greater flexibility to support product planning and priority changes due to business or market requirements. With four-week cycles, we can be more agile and ship features faster, while applying the same rigor and due diligence needed for a high-quality and stable release. Also, we put new features and implementation of new Web APIs into the hands of developers more quickly.” With some new features, Mozilla says it will continue to do A/B testing. This will allow the company to test products among a wider audience before finally issuing them to all users. These experiments are not currently tied to release cycles nor will they be when Mozilla’s new schedule comes into force next year. With the change, users will get new features two weeks sooner than they would have normally. It’s unlikely that stability will suffer in any way thanks to A/B testing and the phased release strategy where each new release is tested by those running Firefox Nightly, Beta, and Developer Edition. The change will mean that other projects that depend on Firefox such as Tor Browser and Tails OS, will have to slightly alter their schedules too.
  6. Windows 10 SDK Preview build 18980 is now available by Rich Woods Microsoft released Windows 10 SDK Insider Preview build 18980 today. As usual, there's no blog post just yet, so there's no way to actually know what's new. It's typical though, for a new SDK Preview to arrive on the Tuesday after a new Windows 10 client Insider Preview is offered up to the Fast ring. A blog post will likely arrive later on today formally announcing the new SDK, although the company has waited days to announce builds in the past. There's not going to be a whole lot that's new since last week's SDK. It's still from the 20H1 development branch, so it's a preview of the SDK that will be offered alongside of the feature update that's coming next spring. In other words, Microsoft is just iterating on the SDK every week until then, adding in APIs that coincide with new features as they get put in the OS. Alongside of the new SDK, there are a few other new builds. There's a new Desktop App Converter Base Image, a new Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK), a new Windows Driver Kit (WDK), and a new Windows Hardware Lab Kit (HLK). If you just want the new SDK though, you can find it here.
  7. I think it's great, keep getting free games cause they're all trying to compete with each other. took me as long as to write this to install it... what's all the fuss about Back in the olden days I could just click a game and it would launch the game. Then they came out with steam and I had to wait 30 minutes for it to update before I could play the game. Now you whippersnappers seems to have forgotten the near past and won't play a game if it doesn't have trading cards.
  8. GrandMaster

The SIEM Buyers Guide for 2020 - free download

That girl looks confused as heck
  9. Brandon H

Latest Apple iOS 13 exploit can be overcome in two ways

why has almost every iOS version had some lockscreen bypass exploit? wtf are Apple doing with the lockscreen. Every time they patch 1 exploit another rolls around for the lockscreen... I've never seen any exploits like this on Android or Windows (Desktop and Mobile) or even MacOS for that matter.
  10. Copernic

Mirillis Action! 3.10.0

Mirillis Action! 3.10.0 by Razvan Serea Action! screen recorder allows streaming and real-time recording of Windows desktop in a superb HD video quality. With Action! you can record and stream your gameplay, web player videos, record music, capture screenshots, add webcams, microphone commentary... and more. Mirillis Action! gives you Greenscreen Mode. Now you can cut out the background, while recording with your webcam, from your video recording. You don't need to have special camera for that - all you need is Action! screen recorder and any solid color background, what is much cheaper solution and gives the same, if not better, results. Action! outstanding performance and GPU utilization allows the smoothest real-time HD gameplay video recording ever! Display current and average game framerate (FPS) during gameplay and save your benchmark results. Action! defines a new standard of performance and user experience for real-time desktop recording software. Record smooth high framerate HD videos of your desktop and applications activity, add microphone audio commentary and create great tutorials with ease. Record videos from websites and other applications in real-time. Select one of many predefined profiles and push a button to export your recordings to popular formats, favorite multimedia devices, Facebook or YouTube. Use fast, hardware accelerated video exporting with NVIDIA NVENC, AMD APP or Intel Quick Sync Video technologies. Export and upload your recordings to popular services and social networks like YouTube and Facebook. Action! provides predefined exporting profiles for YouTube and Facebook, just push a button to export and automatically upload your recordings to your favorite service fast and easy. Action! screen recorder supports a wide variety of high resolutions video recording, starting from 2K, 3K, 4K screen recording for single displays (supported for both AVI and MP4 file formats) up to more than 8K (supported for AVI file format) for AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision setups. Mirillis Action! 3.10.0 changelog: Added integration with Mixer Fixed Vulkan recoding/streaming (No Man's Sky etc.) Fixed live user count number on HUD for Twitch Fixed support for DLive streaming platform Stability fixes Download: Mirillis Action! 3.10.0 | 76.0 MB (Shareware) View: Screenshots | Mirillis Action! Website Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  11. Windows updates have been ###### and everyone knows it. It took them 1 year to fix network adapter issue on a PC I had, abd even though the issue was known on the bug report forum with many upvotes they pushed a knowingly broken product out. Why even bother to fanboy at this point? If it's a NIC issue, why wouldn't it be the NIC manufacturer's fault it took so long to fix? I have had many problems with the Feature Updates and drivers, which I do "sort of" blame them for, but it's ultimately the hardware makers. Just until a month ago I had my laptop unable to get past 1803 and had to endure many rollbacks. The trick was updating with Bitlocker off. Stupid manufacturers! Last night a client pc updated to 1903 and lost network access, rolled back to 1809 and Windows store apps got corrupted. Dang heckin manufacturers!!
  12. Google launches Fi Unlimited plan, offers 50% off a Pixel 3 with activation by João Carrasqueira Google's Fi virtual network, which relies on network infrastructure from Sprint, T-Mobile, and others, has only ever had one plan, but that changes today. The Mountain View giant has announced Google Fi Unlimited, its first plan that offers unlimited calls, texts, and data. The plan includes free calls from the United States to 50 countries and territories around the world, as well as unlimited texting and data in 200 countries, without any additional cost or setup required. Of course, "unlimited" still means your data speeds will be throttled, and that will happen once you've used 22GB of data, which Google says will only affect less than 1% of Fi users. Google may also "optimize" video streaming to 480p resolution on its network. Additionally, Google Fi Unlimited includes a Google One subscription with 100GB of cloud storage, which also now gives you full Android phone backups. The new Google Fi Unlimited plan costs $70 per month for a single line and goes as low as $45 per month per line if you have four to six lines activated. These prices exclude taxes and fees, though. To sweeten the deal, Google is offering a 50% discount on either a Pixel 3 or 3 XL for those that purchase and activate it on Google Fi, though you don't necessarily have to go for the Unlimited plan. That means that the Pixel 3 will cost $399 and the 3 XL will cost $449, but the offer is only available until tomorrow, September 18.
  13. Windows updates have been ###### and everyone knows it. It took them 1 year to fix network adapter issue on a PC I had, abd even though the issue was known on the bug report forum with many upvotes they pushed a knowingly broken product out. Why even bother to fanboy at this point? If it's a NIC issue, why wouldn't it be the NIC manufacturer's fault it took so long to fix? I have had many problems with the Feature Updates and drivers, which I do "sort of" blame them for, but it's ultimately the hardware makers. What a blatantly skewed one-sided way to pose your "questions". Because Microsoft released an update that broke how the initial drivers worked and at the time the initial drivers were made there was no documentation available for making drivers that work later. If you're not getting paid then even bother being to fanboy?
  14. I think it's great, keep getting free games cause they're all trying to compete with each other. took me as long as to write this to install it... what's all the fuss about
  15. adrynalyne

Latest Apple iOS 13 exploit can be overcome in two ways

What about it? Isn't that what a beta is for, to find bugs in the software? Just pondering why this even is considered as news since Apple gets it fixed before release. Plus that only few install beta software on their phones, those who do know the risks. Probably because the next release doesn’t have this fixed. The beta AFTER that does.
  16. Today
  17. The SIEM Buyers Guide for 2020 - free download by Steven Parker Claim your complimentary Buyers Guide for free today, before the offer expires! What's it about? In 2020, security information event management (SIEM) solutions will be far more than an information platform, expanding to include compliance reporting and logs from firewalls and other devices, as well as User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) -- now considered an essential capability by Gartner. On top of that, the importance of a SIEM solution in today’s enterprise is magnified by the growing sophistication of attacks and the use of cloud services which only increases the attack surface. In this buyer’s guide, we aim to explain what a SIEM solution is, what it isn’t, its evolution, what it does and how to determine if it is the right security solution for your organization. Download your complimentary copy of “The SIEM Buyer’s Guide for 2020” to learn: The limitations of a legacy SIEM solution The use cases solved by an analytics-driven SIEM solution The ROI benefits of adopting a modern SIEM solution How to get it Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last! >> The SIEM Buyers Guide for 2020 - Free download << Offered by Splunk, view other free resources | Limited time offer Not for you? That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner: Get a discounted Private Internet Access VPN subscription plan via Neowin #PIA #VPN #PrivateInternetAccess https://t.co/R16yqXJuGQ pic.twitter.com/QrdBEMRgWE — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) May 13, 2019 How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.
  18. Oh look an apple hater C'MON. Reality distort field: If somebody does not like some feature of Apple, then he or she is a hater. Fact: If somebody does not like some feature of Apple, then maybe is a prosumer or a good buyer. In this case, 99.9% of the buyers don't need a smartphone with a camera over 8 megapixels. In my case, I own an Ipad pro because I like the pen. However, and about the camera, I have yet to use it. Why? Because of my smartphone (1/5 the price of the Iphone) does a better job and for everything professional, I own a Canon EOS Rebel.
  19. I prefer to purchase tracks from Beatport or Juno. Streaming music services tend to provide lacklustre support for the latest electronic/house music releases.
  20. TechBargains: $200 off 2TB 970 EVO, $450 off Vostro 14 5000, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X just $199 & more by Steven Parker Some great PC component deals as well as discounts on Dell's Vostro laptops. The 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD is $200 off, while the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X desktop processor is just $199. You can save $450 off the Vostro 14 5000 with coupon code. Featured Deals Dell Vostro 14 5000 Intel Core i7-8565U Quad-Core 14" 1080p Win10 Pro Laptop with 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $649 at Dell (use code: BIZLTSAVE450 - list price $1590). Save $450 off with coupon code. The Vostro 14 5000 features an 8th gen i7 quad-core processor, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD. Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD for $399.99 at Amazon (list price $599.99). Save $200 off the 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD. This is a great price for this higher end 2TB M.2 SSD. Features read speeds up to 3,500MB/s and write speeds up to 2,500MB/s, with a 5 year limited warranty. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core AM4 Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler (Up to 4.3GHz Max Boost) for $199 at Amazon (list price $329). Get the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor for just $199. Features 8-cores/16 threads, 4.3GHz Max Boost, and Wraith Prism LED cooler. Dell XPS 13 9380 Intel Core i7-8565U Quad-core 13.3" 4K Touch Laptop for $1199.99 at Dell (list price $1668.99). Get the 4K display XPS 13 for just $1200. Features a 13.3" 3840x2160 4K touch display, 8th gen i7 quad-core processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. Dell Vostro 14 3000 Intel Core i3-7020U 14" Win10 Pro Laptop for $299 at Dell (use code: BIZLT299 - list price $780.42). This popular deal is back. Get the inexpensive Vostro 14 3000 for just $299 with coupon code. Features a 7th gen i3 dual-core processor, 8GB RAM, and 1TB HDD. Dell OptiPlex 3060 Micro Intel Core i5-8500T 6-core Win10 Pro Ultra SFF Desktop for $630.49 at Dell (list price $970). Get the Optiplex 3060 Micro desktop for just $630.50. Features an 8th gen i5 6-core processor, 8GB RAM, and 128GB SSD. Today Only: PNY Elite-X 128GB U3 A1 Class 10 microSDXC Card for $15.99 (256GB for $33) at Amazon (list price $26.99). Today only, get the 128GB PNY Elite-X microSDXC card for just $16, or get the 256GB capacity for just $33. May be backordered or temporarily out of stock, but order now to lock in price. Today Only: PNY Elite Performance 128GB Class 10 UHS-I U3 SDXC Card for $15.99 (256GB for $33, 512GB for $78) at Amazon (list price $44.55). Today only, get the 128GB PNY Elite Performance SDXC card for just $16, with the 256GB available for $33 and 512GB for $78. Up to 95MB/s transfer speeds. Prime Exclusive: Kindle Paperwhite 8GB 6" 300ppi Waterproof WiFi E-reader with Special Offers for $89.99 at Amazon (list price $129.99). Amazon Prime members save $40 on the Kindle Paperwhite. Features a 6" 300 ppi glare-free display, built-in adjustable light, flush-front design, and IPX8 waterproofing. Anker Soundbuds Curve Bluetooth 5.0 Waterproof Wireless Headphones for $20.99 at Amazon (list price $26.99). Get the upgraded Anker Soundbuds Curve Bluetooth waterproof headphones for just $21. Features up to 18 hours battery life and IPX7 waterproofing. Acer Aspire 5 AMD Ryzen 3 3200U 15.6" 1080p Slim Laptop for $309.99 at Amazon (list price $349.99). This deal is back. Save $40 off the Acer Aspire 5 15.6" slim laptop. Features an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U dual-core processor, 4GB RAM, and 128GB SSD. Select Users Only: Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Streaming Media Player for $24.99 at Amazon (use code: 4KFIRETV - list price $49.99). Coupon code works for select Amazon accounts only. Get the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K streaming media player for just $24.99, matching this year's Prime Day price and the lowest price we've seen. Pre-order Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 40mm Smartwatch for $384.99 (44mm for $415) Amazon (list price $399). Out this Friday. Save $14 off already on select colors of the new Apple Watch Series 5. The Series 5 features an always-on display, S5 processor, built-in compass, and international emergency calling, as well as improved health features. Pre-order New Apple iPad 128GB 10.2" Retina WiFi Tablet for $399.99 at Amazon (list price $429). Out September 30th. You can already save $29 on the new 10.2" Apple iPad 128GB tablet. Features a 10.2" Retina display, with support for both the smart keyboard and Apple Pencil. Neowin Deal: Private Internet Access VPN for just $3.49/month No Traffic Logs. Neowin Deal: NordVPN for just $3.49/month No Logs + military-grade encryption. These are just a small portion of the discounts on offer, for more great deals go to TechBargains.
  21. neufuse

Google confirms orange Pixel 4 color

Are people freaking about about the "holes" on the pixel phone too?... I mean equality....
  22. S550

Google confirms orange Pixel 4 color

The Camera APK is never tried to hardware. They had Night-shot on the Pixel 1/2 via a leaked APK before the 3 even came out.
  23. I need to research this case more because on the outside, it sounds like Apple (and others) made use of a loophole that's been known for years. How can they then be punished for a crime, if there wasn't law to prohibit them from doing so? Not even trying to get into what is or isn't "ethical", I'm sure many of you have worked for companies that have done legal but unethical acts. Hell, lawyers and financial advisers make their living this way. Considering we already have laws on top of laws for actions that are already illegal, it just strikes me as odd to let a known issue be exploited. It's not like a video game where you can just roll back a server... how do you get people to pay back what they "owe" if they didn't actually owe you anything?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?