All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. They haven't removed it yet (the icon is still in Control Panel), but they did say that it is no longer being developed. I don't know if/how they plan to replace it. I have an unofficial Windows To Go drive that I upgraded from 1803 to 1903 (yes, it is possible to install feature updates, but it requires a bit of effort), and it seems to be working well. It's definitely working better than 1809, which had trouble booting.
  3. Because they don't seem like gaming PC's. BattlEye prevented me, and many others according to reddit comments, to upgrade to 1903.
  4. Primitive? Since when does a slight size difference make something primitive? Betamax was superior to “primitive” VHS. Remind me who won?
  5. One of my machines also displayed this message. As you said, this isn't new. HomeGroups were officially removed in 1803 (last year), so I don't know why 1903 felt the need to display this message now.
  6. The StarLink website is up. Tip: the globe is 3D, and movable. Just drag. https://www.starlink.com/
  7. What blow? Huawei phones use their own NM card, not even support the primitive SD cards.
  8. Yesterday
  9. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. They should share the evidence, and get it over-with. Then people will understand. The public doesn't need to know everything.
  10. Not proof, but the fact that they have had alternative OS's developed for 5 or so years doesn't make them look innocent. Why else would they go to the trouble of developing and maintaining an OS for the sole reason of using it as a backup if Google and Microsoft forced them away? I love the look of their products, however I've always been weary about it. Trump may be a lying bastard, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  11. Eric Biran

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

So in essence bend over backwards to whatever BS the US government wants from them? The US has yet to show any kind of substantial evidence about spying from Huawei. I'm saying Huawei should call the US's bluff. They should ask for SPECIFIC changes to SPECIFIC issues. Trump is throwing a tantrum at the moment. The best way to head this thing off before it gets any worse, is to ask, "What, exactly, will make you happy?" Which moves the burden off of Huawei. That said, Huawei has the most to lose getting caught between 2 governments. So, yes, they should capitulate and compromise as quickly as possible, or they will die. As I said, it will likely turn out to be some very minor changes when the US is forced to actually produce something concrete, which is a very minor concession on Huawei's part. Hopefully this will all blow over, as things tend to do with Trump. They will make some minor changes, and Trump will claim victory in personally forging a new era of economic commerce between the US and China...and everything will go back exactly the way it was.
  12. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. They should share the evidence, and get it over-with. Then people will understand. I still don't buy it yet, the US government seems too aggressive with Huawei as likely because of how successful that company has been, on the plus side, this could create a lot of alternative tech and services which will be great for consumers but bad news for much of the US tech industry.
  13. Paul1979UK

Is it for the benefit of humanity - or the benefit of those seeking *cheap goods*? Cheap goods is more or less what consumers want, it's what makes me laugh when people say they want to bring jobs back home, at the end of the day, the reason a lot of goods are manufactured in China with cheap labour is because consumers demand it and worse of all, if one companies doesn't do it but another does, they will have a big advantage.
  14. Paul1979UK

Only ARM and x86 (and PowerPC but that is IBM and server only) exist for consumers. x86 is US, ARM is british. I didn't say that ARM was NOT British - however, somebody told them "cease and desist" - and that was likely someone in London - not Washington. Funny this is... ARM ISN'T British anymore... remember Japan's Softbank bought them out? Nearly 3 yrs ago LOL And just like the UK, Japan is America's lapdog too. Thing is, Japan is a lot more exposed with China with how much closer they are and the trade they do so Japan will do what in it's interest. The UK is harder to say, if they stay in the EU then they can more or less do whatever they want, if they leave, they likely will be at the mercy of the US a lot more as I suspect the EU wont care about them, Russia is likely gunning for them and China wont do the UK any favours for the UK with how close the UK is to the US and worse of all, Trump seems to want to screw the UK over. I suspect the UK will likely stay in the EU once everything is said and done because they will be a lot more protected from the US, Russia and China inside the EU, outside of the EU, the UK seems very exposed and in a weak position.
  15. Mobius Enigma

Microsoft's Project xCloud technically supports 3,500 games

Are you claiming you understand the economics of Microsoft's Cloud technologies better than Microsoft? Wow. (Hint: There are several variables you might not be factoring into your back of the envelop math.)
  16. Google to reveal pricing, launch info, and exclusive games for Stadia this summer by João Carrasqueira Google made a big splash at this year's Game Developer Conference with the announcement of Stadia, its game streaming service which will allow users to play their games on any device of their choice. Despite showing off some interesting features, such as YouTube integration, Google Assistant, and multi-GPU support, Google didn't reveal a lot in the way of actual details. That means that, so far, we don't know when the service will launch, how much it will cost, or what games will be available on it, beyond a couple of titles shown off at the event. But now, we at least have an idea of when that will change. Google's Stadia account on Twitter today sent out a teaser, promising that the company will reveal more information this summer. This summer, three of the wishes you've been asking for will finally be granted: 💰 Price Reveal 🎮 Game Announcements 🚀 Launch Info Stay tuned here for more Stadia details coming soon. — Stadia (@GoogleStadia) May 24, 2019 Earlier today, Microsoft confirmed that Project xCloud, its anticipated Google Stadia rival, is technically compatible with over 3,500 games that are currently available on Xbox One, including games available through Backwards Compatibility. That gives Microsoft a huge library of titles to start with, and Google will have to invest significantly to build the same kind of relationship with developers and publishers to be able to compete. Google didn't specifically say when it will reveal this information, while Microsoft is set to shine more light on Project xCloud at this year's E3. Presumably, its Mountain View rival won't want to wait around for long to play its own cards.
  17. The scrolling for me on Firefox 67 is on par with Spartan Edge. Out of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Spartan Edge and Chromium Edge, it is Chromium Edge that is the worst performer in terms of scrolling now. For now. Don't forget, the browser is not even in beta yet. Give it time, there's plenty of options to choose from before MS matures and preps the browser for full release. The latest update has fixed the scrolling performance. I just needed to wait patiently it seems..
  18. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. They should share the evidence, and get it over-with. Then people will understand. they won't, because it doesn't exist.
  19. Yes cause phones and tablets are content consumption devices, not content creation/production devices. At least you've figured it out now.
  20. I have a laptop that’s probably older than dirt (lol - from 2008), and I haven’t had any issues with Windows 10 original and updates except the 1809 one. I tried the 1903 and it installed without a hitch. So yeah, it’s puzzling but I’m excited anyway. On a side note, my laptop had Vista Ultimate x64, then 7 Ult x64 ... I did test the win 8 but didn’t bother to get the final. 8.1 refused to install bc of the processor not having that CMPXCHG16b spec (🙄 at MS). Then I upgraded to Win 10 original through that free upgrade program, then updated to each subsequent update EXCEPT the Oct 2018 one.
  21. Circaflex

Circaflex

Anyone work with REDCap?

22. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. They should share the evidence, and get it over-with. Then people will understand.
  23. To save time I like to use a flash drive with the latest ISO "burned" on it with the Media Creation Tool on it, to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version once I've fully tested it. Now, it ironically will not install as an upgrade from an old version since the device is "incompatible" due to the presence of the USB drive being used to install it. It works fine with a DVD, but that takes longer and is more a a hassle when i'm working on customer machines. In any case, using a DVD is still faster than downloading a feature update for each machine.
  24. You can buy a key for $12 on some sites. It's legit as they buy from business resellers who have purchased separate volume license keys This is where I am on this license key thing. Its been a while since I played the cat and mouse game with Windows. A legit license is the way to do it. 12 bucks eh? Hmmm.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?