All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. For now but like all tech, it likely will get better, beside, I suspect some drones already can. I think you just have to accept that drones are not going away and that they are likely going to take over more deliver services as they get better. Only in US More like worldwide or at least to western countries as no country lives in a bubble anymore and where one goes, others likely follow thanks to globalistion and that goes both ways. In truth, if it offers a better service and for less, it will likely take off and it likely will.
  3. Both options worked for me. Not sure what's the difference with the second flag. --force-dark-mode = as I understand it, forces Chrome into and remain in dark mode. --enable-features=WebUIDarkMode = as I understand it, allows Windows 10 themes to control Chrome's automatic switch from light to dark, as you change your Win 10 themes. Not necessarily true, I've used '--force-dark-mode' and Windows is able to control it.
  4. Do you mean Linuxers? anyone who thinks Microsoft needs to change to suit their own stuck-in-the-past ways So yeah, Linuxers are part of that Not necessarily.. They are doing good because of cloud and / business services. As far as the home user goes.. they don't care about them anymore. Not as much as they use to anyway. However, this can be said about Apple and MSFT at the moment. Apple is shiving everyone with ###### hardware and MSFT is just like, meh, here take this crappy OS that gets 20 updates a day that adds/removes features adds bugs and is highly inconsistent and sends back information to our servers.
  5. Today
  6. DentedAphid7

WPS Office 2019 is now available in the Microsoft Store

I believe ads are gone completely but there are features missing in free version, mainly around PDF handling and conversion. Took them long enough to release 2019 when they were available in the Chinese website. I remember when I started using WPS (when they still called Kingsoft) there were offline with ads and also watermarked printing (which now they've removed it). Otherwise the formatting is on par with Microsoft compared to Open Office or Libre.
  7. dipsylalapo

Hands-on with the OPPO Reno and Reno 10x Zoom

Phone innovation has been stagnant for years now. Foldable phones will be the next gimmick we’ll here about constantly. Do you genuinely think it's a gimmick? I think if it's implemented correctly and well, it is the next big thing. For now I do. Of course in the future if it actually provides some utility, greatly enhances my experience, and has exceptional software support, then I’ll jump on board. Something from out of the HBO show Westworld comes to mind. haha yes! But unfortunately, we're probably a long way from that
  8. JHBrown

Phone innovation has been stagnant for years now. Foldable phones will be the next gimmick we’ll here about constantly. Do you genuinely think it's a gimmick? I think if it's implemented correctly and well, it is the next big thing. For now I do. Of course in the future if it actually provides some utility, greatly enhances my experience, and has exceptional software support, then I’ll jump on board. Something from out of the HBO show Westworld comes to mind.
  9. I'm surprised that Azure keeps growing this much, not because it's a bad service (I like it more than AWS), but Christ! 74% Y-o-Y it's almost unbelievable when you reach the billions!
  10. dipsylalapo

Phone innovation has been stagnant for years now. Foldable phones will be the next gimmick we’ll here about constantly. Do you genuinely think it's a gimmick? I think if it's implemented correctly and well, it is the next big thing.
  11. Yes, because a version upgrade with Linux always works fine.... (mumble mumble Mint...)
  12. JHBrown

Phone innovation has been stagnant for years now. Foldable phones will be the next gimmick we’ll here about constantly.
  13. give a look to https://jellyfin.github.io/" rel="external nofollow">https://jellyfin.github.io/ Does that just look like an emby ripoff? yes, it's one emby fork before it gone closed source.
  14. Son_Of_Dad

It's probably as newer phones have less and less other features to shout about. Yeah that's true - it's a bit thinner, the screen's slightly bigger, little lighter. Soon we'll all be armed with a piece of cardboard that's impossible to hold!
  15. jnelsoninjax

Looking to replace my monitor soon, are BenQ's good?

Thanks for the list @DevTech I really like the LG, and for the price it seems like a good choice, I am torn between the LG 27UL500 and the BenQ, obviously the price difference between the LG and BenQ is a fair amount, but I agree with you about the monitor being a worthy investment!
  16. I wish more devs would post their win32-programs in the store. Very easy to setup windows after a reinstall. Stuff like Mp3tag, iTunes etc are there. But MS and their stupid rules hold it back. Otherwise game clients like steam, origin, uplay might end up there too. They should have just made 'Windows Repository' instead of a Store and it would be way more succesfull. Esp after the death of UWP. (no it's not dead officially but no new real UWP stuff is being released by 3rd parties or microsoft for a long time now. )
  17. dipsylalapo

It's probably as newer phones have less and less other features to shout about.
  18. Son_Of_Dad

I've noticed most phone reviews these days do little more than talk about cameras
  19. On what? Both companies are rolling in dough, while at the same time they enjoy alienating long time fans/customers. Apple need to take note as over 60% of their revenue is handset based . Ms have a good spread of income streams so will weather a downturn far better than Apple.
  20. I've still got my modded Xbox, its kitted out with an LCD screen which will show what XBMC is currently playing. Granted i don't really use it for media these days, however it's still nice to play some classic Xbox games from time to time.
  21. give a look to https://jellyfin.github.io/" rel="external nofollow">https://jellyfin.github.io/ Does that just look like an emby ripoff? Its a fork of an on older version of Emby I believe. From what I remember a lot of Emby since went closed source. I use Plex Media Server to manage my libraries then a plugin to sync this to Kodi. That has been working well for me, I've always liked the Kodi interface having used it since the XMBC days on a modded Xbox. I can still use the Plex app on Android for access to my media on the go, so I get the best of both worlds in my opinion.
  22. but but nobody wants windows, office, surface, xbox, azure, bing ... /s
  23. Apple's profits have been declining for a couple Quarters now. Plus they don't innovate very much anymore, is what i was getting at. https://www.zacks.com/stock/ne...arnings-expected-to-decline shhh don't tell this to apple fan boys... they'll never accept the truth ... only apple statements
  24. This odd fixation you have with Windows 10 even though you've repeatedly said you're on Mint and will never go back is odd to me. Why do you even care at this point? Honestly everyone is different, I've had zero issues with Windows 10 on my systems, even updating has been smooth for me. You can argue all you want about something you don't like, but MS has to try and cover the needs of as many different users as it can, it's hardly an easy job. Complaints aren't new for them either, heck, were you one of those who originally complained about the new start menu in 7 and how they wanted it to go back to how it was in Vista? Does everyone forget all the tools and howto pages on changing that which came out? For all the hate 10 gets from some around here, the short memories seem to be in effect. Every version of Windows has had something some group didn't like, or want, or use, etc.
  25. My Xbox is still running XBMC4XBox.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?