All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hopefully the EU brings about a law that requires payment to end users for using the systems they've paid for as a platform for advertising. Then and only then will microsoft rethink such stupid anti-consumer practices. End users using their system to navigate to a website for a service and seeing ads is totally different from them purchasing a system yet still getting fresh ads on them without navigating to any other service. The latter should be paying end users.
  3. This is what happens when the "wizards" at MS did away with multiple SKUs of WIndows, in other words, one size for all.
  4. Why not treat ISPs as print newspapers? They are responsible for their content. If outliers are not satisfied with what major publishers are doing, they can start their own outlet.
  5. https://learn.microsoft.com/en...w-teams-bulk-install-client Running teamsbootstrapper.exe -p will download the latest version and deploy a system-wide APPX package. The Store will maintain updates afterwards. For Windows Server or Windows LTSC where there's no Store, you have to install and maintain it differently, but that should be more the exception than the standard. In fact, there's nothing stopping you from just extracting the MSIX package and running the ms-teams.exe client directly - it works quite fine that way except for the Outlook meeting and presence extensions, and even those can be fixed with some elbow grease. I personally think the Omaha updater would have been a better fit for this (Chrome/Edge update engine) and wouldn't have caused all of these compatibility caveats, but it's workable and at least doesn't leave outdated copies laying around in every user profile.
  6. Astra.Xtreme

The FCC is voting today to bring back net neutrality in the U.S.

What's the bigger risk here? The ISPs potentially throttling some traffic OR the US govt grabbing oversight control of that industry? I like the idea behind net neutrality, but making the industry a govt regulated utility sounds like a recipe for major price increases.
  7. Nvidia GeForce NOW adds more Blizzard games and Manor Lords to its cloud service this week by John Callaham The Nvidia GeForce Now cloud gaming service is ending the month of April by adding 16 games to its library of PC titles. Among them are four older games from Blizzard Entertainment, along with one of the most highly anticipated new PC games of 2024. In a blog post, Nvidia stated that StarCraft Remastered, StarCraft II, Diablo II: Resurrected, and Diablo III are all being added for gamers who have purchased or will buy these titles via Blizzard's Battle.net service. GeForce NOW has already added other Battle.net games like Diablo IV, Overwatch 2, Call of Duty HQ and Hearthstone. Also being added this week to the service is Manor Lords. The medical city-builder game will officially launch as an Early Access game on Steam on Friday. The game was developed by one person, Greg Styczeń, but it has become very highly anticipated with over 3 million Steam accounts wishlisting it before its launch. It will also debut as a Day One release on Microsoft's PC Game Pass subscription service. Here's the full list of the games that will be added this week to Nvidia GeForce NOW: Dead Island 2 (New release on Steam, April 22) Bellwright (New release on Steam, April 23) Phantom Fury (New release on Steam, April 23) Oddsparks: An Automation Adventure (New release on Steam, April 24) Age of Water (New release on Steam, April 25) Manor Lords (New release on Steam and Xbox, April 26, available on PC Game Pass) 9-Bit Armies: A Bit Too Far (Steam) Diablo II: Resurrected (Battle.net) Diablo III (Battle.net) Dragon’s Dogma 2 Character Creator & Storage (Steam) Islands of Insight (Steam) Metaball (Steam) StarCraft Remastered (Battle.net) StarCraft II (Battle.net) Stargate: Timekeepers (Steam) Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale (Steam) Also, if you connect to the service with an Apple Mac an M3, M3 Pro or M3 Max processor, you can now stream games on GeForce NOW with AV1 support which should result in a better game experience.
  8. Oh because you think the source is from the Republicans, it's all lies, right? Wow, what an ignorant mentality you live by... Do you have any facts that refute anything I said? Or did you even bother to do a simple Google search about any of it? Clearly not... https://nbcmontana.com/news/na...rder-crisis-southern-border Let me guess, you think this is a lie too, right? You lefties will go to every length possible to deny and ignore all the mishaps of your beloved leader... Living in a fantasy land of denial is pretty pathetic...
  9. Beau is Afraid (2023) I had to watch it in two sittings. Partially because it's 3 hours long, but also because what. the. ####. I know Ari Aster has done some crazy films (Hereditary, Midsommer) but this one just takes the cake. I honestly don't know what was real. Was it all real? Was it all just a fever dream of Beau's??? So incredibly bizarre. But if you have the time I recommend sitting down and watching it.
  10. What a brainless insinuation... FYI, I think Trump is a moron, but this isn't about him. Do you have anything intelligent to add to the conversation? Perhaps some facts or even anything requiring some effort from you? Of course not...
  11. Yeah, I really hope fanless designs are still possible with this chip. I understand the top tier chip in a laptop might need one, but for something like the Surface Pro, I'd love to see the ARM version continue to be fanless. That'll be cool. I know that even for higher tiers, even with a fan, can have a fan that we don't need to hear. E.g: I have a 16" MBP M3 Pro, and while I haven't done video editing, I haven't heard the fan kick in once.
  12. Email sent, will probably never need it but it does not hurt.
  13. Today
  14. None of what you provided backs what you mentioned regarding having Biden purposefully fly them over the boarder. You shared an article from the partisan Republican-led Committee on Home Land Security which looks at the estimated costs that illegal immigrants incur on tax payers (most, but not all, of the costs on there pertain to state programs). This does not mean Biden has been creating costly programs that benefit and target illegal immigrants. In addition, this tax burden would have also been in place during the Trump Administration and before that for the decades that this border crisis has been happening. Finally, Senate Republicans overwhelmingly voted down a bill that included provisions for Border Security, even though they were active in drafting it to begin with (and this Bill was endorsed by the US Border Patrol Union); all this to appease Trump. On the other hand, you have House Republicans now with H.R.2 knowing full well that it will not pass the Senate, just so they can make a political point.
  15. Schools love love love CBs..... I see this benefitting k-12 education sector.
  16. The FCC is voting today to bring back net neutrality in the U.S. by Karthik Mudaliar The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will be voting to reinstate net neutrality rules and regain authority over broadband internet, reversing the repeal under former President Donald Trump. In October 2023, the FCC voted 3-2 to propose reinstating open internet rules and reestablishing its authority over broadband internet. While major tech firms support the plans for reinstating net neutrality, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Comcast Corp oppose it. In 2015, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under the Obama administration, passed a sweeping net neutrality order that prohibited Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from blocking or throttling content and prevented them from creating "fast lanes" for certain types of content or services. However, in 2017, the then Republican-controlled FCC voted to reverse that order, freeing broadband providers to block or throttle content as they see fit. While net neutrality advocates say that without net neutrality protections, ISPs might allow some companies to pay for priority treatment on broadband networks while limiting access to others. ISPs, on the other hand, argue that such rules are unnecessary and harmful to investment and innovation. In 2023, the FCC voted 3-2 to issue a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) to reinstate net neutrality rules, which were repealed by the Trump FCC in 2018 at the request of the ISPs. The telecom industry and its allies in Congress have come out in opposition to the proposal. The Computer & Communications Industry Association, representing major tech firms like Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, and Meta Platforms, supports the reinstatement of net neutrality rules, emphasizing the importance of preserving open access to the internet. On the other hand, USTelecom, which includes members such as AT&T and Verizon, opposes the effort to reinstate net neutrality, labeling it as "entirely counterproductive, unnecessary, and an anti-consumer regulatory distraction." If the FCC votes in favor of adopting net neutrality rules again, it would ensure that broadband services are treated as an essential resource deserving of FCC oversight under Title II authority, hence restoring the FCC's authority to prevent broadband providers from blocking or slowing down content on the internet. Via Reuters
  17. Yeah, I really hope fanless designs are still possible with this chip. I understand the top tier chip in a laptop might need one, but for something like the Surface Pro, I'd love to see the ARM version continue to be fanless.
  18. I have no idea how you got that from what he wrote. What I got was - if the government doesn't like a platform or who owns it, all they have to do is pass a bill forcing the owner to sell it with the threat nationwide ban (which could potentially ruin it). That could include any social network platform.
  19. One of those 3rd party tools is called either linux or macos. At this point ms is inserting a security risk in the os itself.
  20. how is Microsoft able to come up with this complete fiasco is beyond me.
  21. That doesn't make what he said wrong. Sure, Tiktok has some helpful stuff, but compared to the amount of cancerous content it hosts, it's negligible. So like facebook, and Instagram, reddit and youtube.... You can use that argument for EVERY site that is driven by user content.
  22. If they make money on ads, there will be more of them. Gotta keep those profits ever increasing.
  23. A Real American was referring to Biden having an off shore pocket not Zelenskyy. Also, most of that money is going into production of weapons and supplies. They are not directly giving Zelenskyy that money.
  24. EU Court of Justice warns Meta against using data such as sexual orientation for ads by Karthik Mudaliar Advocate General Athanasios Rantos of the European Union's Court of Justice has warned Meta against using publicly accessible information on a user's sexual orientation for targeted advertising on Facebook under the EU's data protection laws. The warning was issued amidst a case involving privacy activist Max Schrems and Facebook. In this case, Max Schrems from Austria is challenging Facebook's use of personal data for targeted advertising. Facebook's terms of service allow the company to use personal data for advertising, even if the data is publicly accessible. The activist argues that this violates the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which requires explicit consent for processing sensitive data like sexual orientation. Facebook has been using personal data, including demographics, interests, behaviors, locations, and friend connections, for targeted advertising. However, a Meta spokesperson said to Bloomberg that Facebook “does not use sensitive data that users provide us to personalize ads.” Facebook's compliance with the GDPR has been a subject of scrutiny, especially in light of incidents like the Cambridge Analytica scandal, where Facebook users' data was misused for political purposes. Since then, Facebook has responded to GDPR violations by attempting various strategies to comply with the regulations. Still, Facebook has repeatedly failed to fully comply with the GDPR with its repeated infractions. In a case involving the German Federal Cartel Office (FCO) last year, Facebook lost a top EU court fight over the German antitrust order that focused on Facebook's ability to profit from users' data. The FCO found that Facebook's privacy policy infringed on users' privacy rights, and the company was in breach of the GDPR due to its unlawful collection and combination of user data. The case between activist Max Schrems and Facebook is significant because it could impact how companies use publicly available information for targeted advertising and the level of privacy rights protection under the GDPR. The court's final ruling, which is expected in the next few months, will be binding and assess the proportionality of the length of time that Facebook holds onto personal data for personalized ads. Via Bloomberg
  1. Load more activity