All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I thought I heard Leo Laporte saying she's Transgender. That explains everything. I guess in one of her tweets "She also goes forth to mention that being a transgender, her transition has been really difficult." Oh didn't know that, but in either cases, I hope she gets the help she needs and calm down a bit instead of turning into a criminal! Could be the meds making them crazy.. Reminds me of this video I watched on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRkLtKqSrY Did you ever wonder what happened to the Wachowski brothers? They're the Wachowski sisters.
  3. Spotify Web? there's also a portable version out there that could be used.
  4. Glenda823q

Best MPEG2 Decoder & Encoder?

It's free. It is a command-line tool, so it is marginally faster than HandBrake (also free) or XMediaRecode (free as well). I expected Adobe to have some incredibly expensive high-end one, but surprise! They have moved on. x262 from VideoLAN is your only other true alternative, but that's encoder only and you have to compile it. kissanime
  5. Misleading thumbnail image - the color of their uniform is almost the same as their skin color
  6. You may not have tried React OS. It's been in development since 1996 and still hasn't hit version 1.0.
  7. I tried installing from an ISO but it failed just before it says getting windows ready normally...
  8. I keep seeking and it's not pushing it to me
  9. The server was encrypted so access directly would be difficult, but I'm guessing access with an account that has access would unencrypt it, meaning certain employees had access to the passwords. So now the safety of the passwords are dependent on the safety of the accounts that have access, rather than the hash of the passwords. There is no such word as UNENCRYPT. You either ENCRYPT something (so its secret), or you DECRYPT the secret thing (so its readable again). UNENCRYPT means you actually havent done anything with that data at all!
  10. adrynalyne

Guess what?!?!

I’m leaning towards drivers.
  11. Today
  12. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg...
  13. Acces. I have fought wars against that program for years ar work. Everytime people have some new idea and IT doesn’t drop everything to cater to their needs immediatly they make something in Access and duplicate data from our central systems or worse keep data on their own forgetting GDPR policies or in house data policies
  14. George P

Guess what?!?!

Makes you wonder what changed? Was it a Windows bug that was fixed? Was it drivers that had been updated since then? Some app installed that was updated? A hardware change/upgrade?
  15. FINALLY an article that uses finally for something that didn't need it on Neowin Why is everything finally on here? It's an observable trend
  16. Depends if it offers something you need. I think the only major stuff really is the sandbox and the fact that "cortana and search is separate" kind off. there are some tweaks to the start menu, which makes no difference to me as i have a third party one and Windows 10 will now nab another 7Gb of storage just for updates. i am in no rush Sandboxing i dont really care for, i used it when i used Fedora Linux, alla Flatpack Crap Not even close to the same thing. well it actually is, go an read the Docs of Flatpak. . Flatpak is more secure than Microsofts Rubbish. Well actually it isn’t, go try the feature yourself. Windows Sandbox is just a full VM. As for more secure? Quite possibly so. You never know what lurks in Linux though and you are comparing apples to oranges. as far as i know, Sandboxing is only offered to the Pro version correct? i only have the HOME Version, an im not upgrading just to get that Feature when i really dont care for it Fair enough. Then take my word for it. They.are.not.even.close.to.the.same.thing. I wouldn’t have said it if I wasn’t serious. I second that.
  17. Microsoft is doing things in a strange way, updating UI elements little at a time, windows 10 UI has been updated over many feature updates, a couple of screens each version, this is not how final products work, but beta and development versions Windows 10 is the biggest beta test in the world of software...
  18. Copernic

Tor Browser 8.5

Tor Browser 8.5 by Razvan Serea Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked. The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained. The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.0.9 is: All platforms Update Firefox to 60.7.0esr Update Torbutton to 2.1.8 Bug 25013: Integrate Torbutton into tor-browser for Android Bug 27111: Update about:tor desktop version to work on mobile Bug 22538+22513: Fix new circuit button for error pages Bug 25145: Update circuit display when back button is pressed Bug 27749: Opening about:config shows circuit from previous website Bug 30115: Map browser+domain to credentials to fix circuit display Bug 25702: Update Tor Browser icon to follow design guidelines Bug 21805: Add click-to-play button for WebGL Bug 28836: Links on about:tor are not clickable Bug 30171: Don't sync cookie.cookieBehavior and firstparty.isolate Bug 29825: Intelligently add new Security Level button to taskbar Bug 29903: No WebGL click-to-play on the standard security level Bug 27290: Remove WebGL pref for min capability mode Bug 25658: Replace security slider with security level UI Bug 28628: Change onboarding Security panel to open new Security Level panel Bug 29440: Update about:tor when Tor Browser is updated Bug 27478: Improved Torbutton icons for dark theme Bug 29239: Don't ship the Torbutton .xpi on mobile Bug 27484: Improve navigation within onboarding (strings) Bug 29768: Introduce new features to users (strings) Bug 28093: Update donation banner style to make it fit in small screens Bug 28543: about:tor has scroll bar between widths 900px and 1000px Bug 28039: Enable dump() if log method is 0 Bug 27701: Don't show App Blocker dialog on Android Bug 28187: Change tor circuit icon to torbutton.svg Bug 29943: Use locales in AB-CD scheme to match Mozilla Bug 26498: Add locale: es-AR Bug 28082: Add locales cs, el, hu, ka Bug 29973: Remove remaining stopOpenSecuritySettingsObserver() pieces Bug 28075: Tone down missing SOCKS credential warning Bug 30425: Revert armagadd-on-2.0 changes Bug 30497: Add Donate link to about:tor Bug 30069: Use slider and about:tor localizations on mobile Bug 21263: Remove outdated information from the README Bug 28747: Remove NoScript (XPCOM) related unused code Translations update Code clean-up [full release notes] Download: Tor Browser 8.5 (32-bit) | 54.2 MB (Open Source) Download: Tor Browser 8.5 (64-bit) | 54.6 MB View: Tor Browser Website Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  19. "Thursday, May 23, 2019 I can't really remember the last time I was happy. I guess it was probably during one of my hikes. Some days I wish I could fade out of this world, be somewhere else. I wonder what it's like to be surrounded by friends every day. The kind that doesn't turn their back when you hit rock bottom. I'm still glad for the few people that I got to talk with online these past few years. I haven't had friends irl for a long time now. I hope the Arctic will make me happy. That's where polar bears are supposed to be. I hope I won't feel like this anymore. I hope it will all be gone." Loner, introvert, suicidal if not severely depressed, talented, triggered, a bad mix overall. Won't be surprised if she turns traitor and starts selling exploits to China/Russia in secret or something more nefarious at home plate. Might want to put her on the watch list before the ticking time bomb goes off. She should seek help as well if she ever wants to get better...
  20. MA... GA...? Lots of perks when being an American, even the credit card company offers are better than most around the world. Promotions too that I have seen are US residents only (the good ones).
  21. I'm getting this too. I turn off focus assist but the next time I look it's back on again, even if I disable all the notification settings it still happens. I've also noticed that nearby sharing shows up twice in the priority list of apps that get notifications so i wondered if that was causing an issue so i removed both entry's from the list but it hasn't solved anything. i've not had any other issues apart from that one.
  22. Wreck of last slave ship from Africa located off Alabama coast https://www.foxnews.com/science/wreck-of-last-slave-ship-from-africa-located-off-alabama-coast Researchers have located the remains of the last known ship to have brought slaves to the U.S. from West Africa, Alabama historical officials announced Wednesday. The Alabama Historical Commission confirmed that the Gulf schooner Clotilda was identified and verified after months of assessment. "For nearly 160 years, the waters around Mobile have concealed the final destination of the Gulf Schooner Clotilda,” the commission said in a statement. "The discovery of the Clotilda is an extraordinary archaeological find," said Lisa Demetropoulos Jones, executive director of the commission. "The voyage represented one of the darkest eras of modern history and is a profound discovery of the tangible evidence of slavery." In 1860, Clotilda illegally transported 110 men, women and children to Mobile from what is now the African country of Benin. The ship was then taken into delta waters north of the port and burned.
  23. Galaxy is its own DRM and games like mafia 3 have 2ks DRM Hate these modern GUIs
  24. people still use the .mov format outside of apple i products? 0_o /rant that aside I'd report it in the Windows Feedback app if you haven't already and use an alternate video player for the time being if you play that format often I'd recommend either VLC or Pot Player Still a lot of older cameras around that save the files in MOV format, and still a few online sources still post in that format. Converting old files can be a pain too, so it's better if the system can just play the older formats correctly anyway.
  25. Nice animation of Raptor's Full Flow Staged Combustion engine cycle. 100,000 HP/74.57 MW worth of pumping 😱
  26. MeWhoElse77

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

Rich, you really should state ARM Holdings (not Arm, it's an anagram) is a Japanese company, owned by Softbank... so as not to allude that this is a UK Govt. mandate. As you said, UK-based due to their HQ, and that's it
  27. MeWhoElse77

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

What an absurd thing to wish harm onto other parties for following the laws of their country. I suppose we should hope for the demise of the UK for pulling away from Huawei as well? Because it's not like Google has actively worked to censor their search engine just to get business in China... but go ahead and take your anger out on them I guess lol. Their HQ is the only British thing about ARM now... it's owned by Softbank, a Japanese company... they bought it 3yrs ago... so nothing to do with the UK govt.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?