All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sims 4 is good enough, except for the fact that you have to throw hundreds of more dollars at DLCs to get all the content Until Sims 5 comes out, then you have to buy the DLCs all over again! It does have some good new things; though I feel they missed a lot of opportunities where they could have improved some core aspects of the game from Sims 3 to make it more solid and have the base game have a longer market life. The irony is that people were asking for Sims 5 less than a year after Sims 4 came out. As if they'd be cool spending the same amount of money at the same frequency anyway as long as they just called it a new game.
  3. Same for me. When clicking the bundled link, it drives me to a page stating a USB flash drive is inserted though none actually is! Arggg... The solution in the comment above seems to work for me. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye and remove the folder. It is my work machine, I don't have this thing installed. Maybe another application causes the issue. As you said, the installer could just specify the problem in order for us to solve it...
  4. Google Chrome 74.0.3729.169 (offline installer) by Razvan Serea The web browser is arguably the most important piece of software on your computer. You spend much of your time online inside a browser: when you search, chat, email, shop, bank, read the news, and watch videos online, you often do all this using a browser. Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Use one box for everything--type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and Web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites let you access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Desktop shortcuts allow you to launch your favorite Web apps straight from your desktop. Chrome has many useful features built in, including automatic full-page translation and access to thousands of apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store. Google Chrome is one of the best solutions for Internet browsing giving you high level of security, speed and great features. Important to know! The offline installer links do not include the automatic update feature. Download web installer: Google Chrome Web 32-bit | Google Chrome 64-bit | Freeware Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 52.2 MB Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 53.3 MB Download: Google Chrome MSI Installers for Windows (automatic update) View: Chrome Website | v74.0.3729.169 Release Notes Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  5. This game is not available on macOS. Epic Games Store does support macOS, for other games that are available on that platform.
  6. Still cryting over GoT mate? Get over it, the show is over. Still? That was two days after the last episode aired, immediately after I watched it and the first comment I posted about it. Also, I'm not your mate, bro.
  7. I agree, in protest, I will not open Publisher for an entire year.
  8. Its actually not complete crap, just doesn't have a lot of (valid) use cases. It can't scale well at all, 5 or so concurrent users is about all you can have. For small things, Excel is easier and faster, but bigger things, Access limitations will probably hold you back too much. You can use Access as a front-end for an SQL Express server, but the level of effort there is well beyond what is reasonable for an MS Office application.
  9. What was the time line again with W10M/PC sms integration? Cortana could give you notifications of SMS's to your PC, then Messaging app was fully functional, then Cortana could send sms, then Messaging was dropped for Skype, then Skype was dropped, then Cortana stopped getting sms notifications, then Cortana could no longer send sms? That last piece was killed server side back in Feb(I went looking at some threads on it).
  10. Feel free to remove other apps too by default. Don't need the Xbox app for instance on work PCs... Hell, it kinda needs a rework to unless I'm in the minority of people who aren't a fan of it. I've used it only for 1 game and it struggled to do the basics.
  11. I like stuff like this; happy purchaser of DisplayFusion which helps me a lot already. Will look at checking this out when I get home, thanks! +1 for bringing it to Steam as well, since that'll be a quick way to add it at work where I might use the hell out of it.
  12. I wonder what about voice modem support? Had issues with it on my voice mail server. Ezvice couldn't detect a modem with voice support. After messing with it for 1 hour and having no luck I rolled back to 1809.
  13. Huh? Has the messaging app been able to sync with W10M since MS decided to move that to Skype? I only remember a month or two of Messaging app doing any syncing and that was years ago.
  14. Today
  15. Can't wait to hear all those people moaning that still using the Messages sync 20 times a day on their vibrant WinMobile10-relic
  16. I just came to the realization that with this build, the flash drive creation part of the Media Creation Tool is utterly pointless. You can't actually USE the resulting flash drive to upgrade a computer. Yeah, you can use it for a clean install, but otherwise what's the point? You can copy the contents to a folder and upgrade. But yeah, good point. Ironically, burning a DVD is actually preferable to making a flash drive for this build. Way to go BACKWARDS Microsoft!!!
  17. Stardock releases Groupy on Steam, brings browser-like Tabs for Windows apps by Steven Parker Today, Stardock released their popular utility app, Groupy, on Steam. Groupy brings browser-like tabs to your Windows applications - from Microsoft Office programs, all the way to Adobe Photoshop or Premiere, and more. Groupy lets Windows users group their desktop windows together in tabbed groups as easily as browsers group websites together. Groupy takes programs, web browsers, File Explorer windows, and much more, and puts them into tabbed groups right on the Windows desktop. Just like modern web browsers group websites together, users can do that with all of the apps on their desktops, making for a cleaner and more efficient experience. "Windows users get the experience they’ve been waiting for with Groupy," said Angela Marshall, General Manager of Stardock Software. "Users have become accustomed to organizing their browsing experience with tabs, so it makes sense to bring this functionality to the rest of Microsoft Windows." Groupy works on Windows 10, 8, and 7. Once installed, creating groups with the app is simple: users can drag a window to another window, where they will combine into a single window, with tabs showing in the title bar. To ungroup, users simply drag the tab off the group. Create saved groups of apps and sort tabs by task or function easily. For example, open multiple web browsers, all in one set of tabs, or Office applications like Excel and Word, all in a single, easy-to-use window. Once a group is created, quickly switch between different windows using a hotkey or clicking on the tab. Groupy can automatically add launched programs into an existing tab group. Groupy is the feature that’s been lacking in the Windows experience. Groupy is available for $4.99 on Steam. Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock
  18. The horror! How dare they not make new icon for publisher. Let's go protest outside Redmond campus at once!
  19. Here are the features being removed or deprecated with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update by João Carrasqueira After more than a month of testing with Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring, the Windows 10 May 2019 Update was finally made available to the general public on Tuesday. We already have a pretty good idea of what's new in the update and, despite the extensive testing, Microsoft also published the known issues with this release. Now, though, we're also learning what's being removed or deprecated starting with this version. There aren't a ton of things being killed off, but some well-known features such as Windows To Go are no longer being developed, and may be removed in a future release. Starting with what's already been removed, there's the sync capability of the built-in messaging app. The app was already nearly useless since the death of Windows 10 Mobile, but now it can't sync any messages from your phone anymore, so there's even less reason to use it. Of course, you can use the Your Phone app to sync that content now, so not much of a loss. The XDDM-based remote display driver, which comes from as far back as Windows 2000, is also planned for removal in an upcoming release. Software makers that still rely on it will need to start considering making the switch to the WDDM model in order to keep working as intended. There are also a few features that are no longer being developed but aren't necessarily being removed for now. One such feature is roaming taskbar settings, which Microsoft says it's planning to disable altogether in a future release. Microsoft is also preparing to drop support for Wi-Fi networks still using WEP and TKIP security, with a warning message being displayed starting with this release. Support will be fully removed in a forthcoming update. Windows To Go, which lets you run a Windows workspace off of an external drive connected to your PC, is also no longer being developed. Microsoft says it doesn't support feature updates, and so users can't stay on current software, plus it requires a specific kind of USB connection that is not commonly supported anymore. Lastly, Microsoft is deprecating the Print 3D app, so you'll need to install the 3D Builder app from the Microsoft Store if you want to print 3D objects. Interestingly, Microsoft removed the 3D Builder app from Windows 10 in Windows 10 version 1709, recommending that users use Print 3D instead.
  20. You can download the installers for all your GOG games & content directly from the site. Galaxy is completely optional. Manually and via the GOG Downloader https://www.gog.com/downloader
  21. Modernize Your IT Monitoring With Predictive Analytics - Free White Paper by Steven Parker Claim this complimentary White Paper for free today, before the offer expires. What's it about? IT monitoring technology is moving forward rapidly, thanks in large part to machine learning and predictive analytics. If you’re still getting by with a legacy IT solution, you’re missing out on a lot more than a shiny object. The benefits of a New IT approach are being proven every day. Download your complimentary copy of “Modernize Your IT Monitoring with Predictive Analytics” to find out how a data-driven, predictive approach to IT monitoring can bring your organization into the world of New IT. You’ll find out where you are on the IT Maturity Framework and get practical tips for how to move up the curve. Plus, you’ll learn how to: Break down data silos to get the most value from all your data without extensive cleansing and preparation Build alignment between your IT department and business stakeholders Speed up the process of identifying bottlenecks and performing root-cause analysis, letting you solve problems faster and prevent them from reoccurring. How to get it Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last! >> Modernize Your IT Monitoring With Predictive Analytics - Free White Paper << Offered by Splunk, view other free resources | Limited time offer Not for you? That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner: Get a discounted Private Internet Access VPN subscription plan via Neowin #PIA #VPN #PrivateInternetAccess https://t.co/R16yqXJuGQ pic.twitter.com/QrdBEMRgWE — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) May 13, 2019 How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.
  22. it's this game available for mac? does epic games store release mac games?
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?