All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'd love to see modern games get this good. They are getting better, but not quite this good. I bet we'll see this soon in the AAA games. Great stuff.
  3. I somewhat agree with the "this should stop" argument, but at this point, Pandora's box has been opened. AI development is international, so even a full ban mandated by law wouldn't stop it, it would only shift to development to other parts of the world. Me thinks you took over the trolling here.
  4. Yes the Sign Out has been part of the Account icon for a while now. To me it actually makes sense as its an account related action. The old version made sense, the new one does look like it'll disconnect your account based on its use in other microsoft services and apps. The placement of the separated "Sign Out" and "Shut Down" buttons they tried to do win Windows Vista, which backfired after people not understanding it. They have now got it to a more logical separation between the two after a decade or so, and a change to user accounts as standard (wasn't really a thing before XP). But this interface is terribly confusing. I get what they are trying to do, but it has very different connotations in every other place you see that. Oh and author, that's not an ad.
  5. BudMan

Wifi via cell phone really slow

5G can beat some home wifi setups or even internet connection speeds.. What is your home internet plan, maybe its 30/10 and then that speed would be right inline with what I would expect. Here is my wifi vs 5G I am on 500/50, and see that with no problem on my wifi. But without some details of your internet speed, what speeds do you get testing with a wire? What your using for wifi, etc.. Then yeah its quite possible depending where your at and what 5G network your at, 5G can be very speedy.. Not for me currently it seems.. Just sitting here at my desk in my office. When I am out and about have seen some screaming 5G connections though.
  6. Today
  7. Lucky for myself, I guess... it's not on my Beta. Nor is any of the new start menu options. Thankfully.
  8. Option 1 is not the same in this build. Its now concealed in a new submenu. The paragraph you cited says precisely that.
  9. I don't sign-in with a Microsoft account so hopefully I will be spared this nonsense. Always head games and control tactics with Microsoft, heaven forbid Windows users actually enjoy using the O/S or have control over their PC. What AI bloat is Microsoft going to put into Windows to make our decisions for us?
  10. >Signing out of your profile now requires opening a submenu hidden behind a three-dot button. OR one can do it the ways everyone else has been doing to decades now: 1) Click on your profile picture in the start menu and select "Sign Out". OR 2) Press ctrl-alt-del and select "Sign Out" from the options.
  11. Microsoft is well aware that this is a personal account compared to a work/school account. A vast, copious swath of users with personal machines and personal accounts never log out of them. This change makes sense, in that context. I'd bet this is not the same behavior for work/school accounts that are logged in, without even looking. And besides: beta.
  12. Oh I can't wait to see our help desk ticket volume skyrocket once this stupid change is made public. As with many of these other changes though, I expect/hope it can be disabled with a registry change, which we can quickly push to all our clients through our RMM.
  13. Yesterday
  14. WITHOUT-ME

Hello!

heyaaa
  15. WITHOUT-ME

run wifi analyzer and see overloaded chanels
  16. Mindovermaster

The first one on 2.5 or 5? What is the speed (wired) from your router? (To see the difference) If you have good 5G, you must be near a cell tower. @BudManmight know more about wifi, but that's my 2 cents.
  17. Honestly its sad. I was a big Windows fan. Vista and 8 made me move to Mac. 10 made me move BACK to Windows as I loved how it was more forward thinking and has better multi-tasking features. I was willing to give 11 a good try. I didn't love it at first but was eager to see what was in store. Now every time they seem to make 11 better they also add a bunch of Bull**** to it making it 1 step forward and 2 back. I actually find myself going back to Mac. A Surface Pro with M1/M2 like performance, battery life and OLED used to be my dream device. Now with how Windows 11 is, even though that exact device is rumored to drop next month, I just do NOT care. With all the Ads, crap UI decisions and AI junk in Windows now I just don't want a new Surface Pro. I'm more interested in the upcoming M4/M5 OLED MacBooks.
  18. Yes the Sign Out has been part of the Account icon for a while now. To me it actually makes sense as its an account related action.
  19. Dick Montage

Transformers One (2024)

3 minutes and 2 seconds ago, I didn't even think "Hey, a Prime and Megatron buddy movie sounds like a thing I'd watch". I feel I have reassessed. This looks like some good, dumb fun!
  20. Ok good, so it’s not just me who thinks the option is confusing. Dark Pattern…this might be IRL example of this… Also can anyone confirm if sign out option under the power button on the start menu is removed?
  21. Good god... This is just absurd. This is some next-level Dark Pattern corporate ######. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_pattern
  1. Load more activity