All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Maybe Canada is not paranoid There is a difference between paranoia and stupidity. The U.s have always been paranoid and protectionist.
  3. ad47uk

Upcoming AMD CPUs

Stuck up intels back side maybe?
  4. I think I will pass, I have never had an intel in a desktop machine and I am not going to start now. Saying that my Ryzen machine is fine, maybe get a bit more memory for it now it is starting to reduce in price and maybe a better video card, not that a better video card will do much for what I do anyway.
  5. Don't their k series also overclock way higher than Ryzen? On the other hand, most of the ryzen line is not locked and they usually are half(ish) the price.
  6. It seems when I quote someone I get this odd formatting and I don't know how to fix it. Almost like it's trying to multiquote but I have nothing else selected. When this happens, I can not access the edit or quote buttons at the bottom of the post. I use chrome latest version. I guess it's possible it's a chrome extension but Im not sure what one it could be and I don't think Iv installed any recently anyways. Just looking for advice.
  7. Today
  8. amd just murdered the whole i7- cpu lineup, i9 9900k its still faster by having a higher clockspeed but IPC and multicore performance its amd favor. very competitive
  9. eilegz

Upcoming AMD CPUs

its impressive that no AMD coverage on the main news site, considering how amazing it is the new zen 2 chips compared to intel
  10. adrynalyne

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

Check your facts... It is owned by SoftBank...a Japanese company.
  11. Nargg

Check your facts...
  12. Nargg

All the pro-Huawei comments here make me sick... https://www.channelnews.com.au...lcome-to-huaweis-new-world/
  13. Nargg

You and others need to wake up. China and it's illegitimate companies have been stealing from the World for a long time. It's finally time they got caught.
  14. Nargg

You are wrong: https://www.channelnews.com.au...lcome-to-huaweis-new-world/
  15. Nargg

Don't... Just don't. https://www.channelnews.com.au...lcome-to-huaweis-new-world/
  16. Huawei seems to me to be only the beginning... https://www.channelnews.com.au...lcome-to-huaweis-new-world/ I'd expect more company espionage from China causing all kinds of financial and power grief among 1st world countries.
  17. Did you watch the AMD press event? Pretty impressive performance for the price and that cache on the 3900, amazing.
  18. Great to see an article that doesn't name the company Arm, or refer to it as a British company! (Japanese owned company now Softbank, with only their HQ in Britain)
  19. ARM announces Cortex-A77 CPU and Mali-G77 GPU for your next flagship phones by Rich Woods Computex 2019 is kicking off now, and ARM announced its next-generation CPUs and GPUs, which is what your next flagship phone's processor will probably be based on. The new chips include the Cortex-A77 CPU and the Mali-G77 GPU, and they include significant improvements. ARM is promising improved machine learning and mixed reality experiences with Cortex-A77, due to a 20% IPC improvement over the last generation, the Cortex-A76. It's a 7nm design, and ARM says that it's increased machine learning performance by 35x over the last two generations. Next is the Mali-G77 GPU, which is built on the new Valhall architecture. This promises a 40% performance boost over the Mali-G76, with 30% better energy efficiency and 30% more performance density. ARM is also promising a 60% boost in machine learning performance. This also comes alongside the new Mali-D77 display processor. ARM also announced a new ML processor, which is included in ARM's Project Trillium machine learning compute platform alongside the NN software framework. The idea is to add a dedicated neural processing unit (NPU) to chipsets, and ARM says that it's increased energy efficiency by 2x, memory compression techniques by 3x, and more. You can expect these new technologies to show up in your smartphone or ARM-powered laptop in 2020.
  20. Please, look up the inverse square law. All else bring equal, and solar arrays being deployed which happens early, their brightness will only be about 64% of their initial brightness. Of course everything won't be equal, as described below, and they'll be dimmer. No, they won't. They'll be further away as their Krypton thrusters raise their otbits, the ISL applies to light intensity, and their solar arrays will turn to an angle that only infrequently reflects in Earth's direction (some already have). Their solar arrays account for most of their reflected light, the main satellite bus being quite small. Not being obtuse, but you sure are being dense. The satellite observer threads at space sites already report it's getting hard to see the trailing StarLink satellites as they separate and rise in altitude. As the main group breaks up and more rise, turning their arrays, they too will dim. Eventually, there will be no bright group.
  21. Copernic

TidyTabs 1.5.1

TidyTabs 1.5.1 by Razvan Serea Designed for those who need to have many applications open simultaneously, TidyTabs brings web browser-style tabs to any application. Ever wanted to have Chrome-style tabs in Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office or PuTTY? TidyTabs does just that. It integrates nicely with the OS and you will feel like the multi-tab functionality is a core part of Windows. TidyTabs makes windows management easier by allowing you to group several windows from an application into a single tabbed window, taking the simplicity of web browser tabs and making it available for any application on your computer. Compatible with all Windows versions, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit. Discreet and smart TidyTabs try to be as stealthy and non-distracting as possible. The tabs are hidden automatically when you don't need them, so that they don't get in your way. When they need to be visible, they stay semi-transparent until you actively use them. Fully customizable If one aspect of TidyTabs doesn’t suit you, you can change it. Every single function of TidyTabs can be configured or disabled thanks to a very simple configuration interface. Tiny and clean A shell enhancement tool should assist you without slowing down your computer. That's why the core of TidyTabs is composed of highly optimized native code, with no compromise on stability and performance. It uses very little memory and nearly no CPU. TidyTabs is clean, easy to install and easy to uninstall. TidyTabs is 100% free for a personal use. The free version is limited to 3 tabs. To use TidyTabs in a professional or commercial context, please purchase the Professional Edition. TidyTabs 1.5.1 changelog: Possibility to select a tab by dragging a file over it. For tab titles containing a file path, the ellipsis ("...") is placed at the middle of the text rather that at the end, to make the path easily identifiable. The commands of the tab's right-click menu are now displayed with their corresponding keyboard shortcuts. Download: TidyTabs 1.5.1 | 6.2 MB (Freemium) Download: TidyTabs 1.5.1 Portable | 5.4 MB View: TidyTabs Home Page Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  22. China is Huawei and the chinese are stealing tech and pirating everything. If Huawei is getting this beat-down.... its because they are chinese Racist much? Can you disprove his comment? The Chinese culture has different ethics than the western world. The Chinese believe the ends justify the means, regardless of how dishonorable it is [e.g. stealing tech which they do all the damn time]. It's not racist to point out a stereotype that exists because they literally ######ing do it every day. Can you civilized Westerners now justify the killings of 1M Iraqis b/c of the FUD called WMD? I am ready to hear excuses. all the evidence for Huawei wrong doing is out there. just research! they even make a Canadian company go out of business with intellectual theft. they have been doing crap to orgs... all over the world and this time it is good trump is killing them.
  23. Jim K

Upcoming AMD CPUs

Ryzen 9 3900X - 12C/24T - 3.8/4.6GHz - 70MB cache - 105W TDP - $499 Ryzen 7 3800X - 8C/16T - 4.5/3.9Ghz - 36MB cache - 105W TDP - $399 Ryzen 7 3700X - 8C/16T - 4.4/3.6GHz - 36MB cache - 65WTDP - $329 Go on sale July 7th (not sure if soft/hard release) The Ryzen 9 ... has my attention. Looking forward to the benchmarks/reviews. Might be time to upgrade my 3770K
  24. They're going an extra 100km out. Big woop. 100km is nothing when it comes to visibility in space. Nothing I said is changed by which tense is used. They will still be visible at 550km as they are at 440km. Don't be obtuse.
  25. warwagon

Wyze Sense door sensors.

https://www.wyze.com/wyze-sense/ So recently Wyze came out with some really crazy cheap sensors. They require the $25 Wyze Camera. The starter pack is $20 which includes a USB dongle for the back of your wyze camera, 2 sensors and 1 motion sensor after that 4 sensor is $20. I already had a Wyze camera so I picked some up I'm very impressed. If I'm at my GF's house and UPS opens my garage door I get a notification on my phone. Highly recommended. I'm probably going to buy a 2nd wyze cam as my current one is still being used for this I figure why not, it's so useful. Nothing beats hearing it downpour at 3am, and being able to roll over and look at your phone and check to see if the water is coming in the basement, without having to get out of bed.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?