All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I had this as well. I have always been a mouse/trackball officianado. Wish I could post the picture directly. I think it was back in 92 or so when I got my first portable computer. Back then they didn’t have built in pointing devices. Bought the clip on trackball which was over $100 at the time. I worked out of two locations for my company at the time and forgot it when I left one of them and wouldn’t be back for over a week. There was no way I was spending the money on another pointing device as they were all expensive then. This turned out to be a really good thing as I learned the Windows keyboard shortcuts which has served me well to this day. Link to picture https://www.microsoft.com/buxtoncollection/a/m/IMG_0335.png
  3. You're not wrong in this regard, especially with the i9's. Intel is basically doing what AMD did back in the bulldozer days; they're just throwing more power at the chips to compensate for lack of real improvements/enhancements. edit: let's just hope this mindset doesn't bleed over to the team working on the next gen ARCs.
  4. That's not what it said. Nowhere did that the processors are "degrading". The processors were pushed too far. A workaround is to underclock the processor. To me, this seems like Intel is pushing its processors to the limit to win against AMD at any cost.
  5. they were claiming the processors are degrading, some to the point they only BSOD on load, my meaning of fail is the same meaning they are using, causing a fault be it physical or processing not happening correctly.. in our case all our calculations are validated across multiple systems numerous times to ensure they are accurate, so as of no we have not had a "failure" processing wise..
  6. Today
  7. What do you mean by "fail"? The processor is clocked too high, causing the issue. The current workaround is to underclock the processor.
  8. Expecting everybody to do something was the mistake, not keeping the subscriptions going. When your solution is for "everybody to do something", IMO you're not really being realistic in the first place. If anything you're just setting yourself up for the lamest villain origin story.
  9. adrynalyne

Tesla Cybertruck

They might have done the right thing this time. Tesla recalls all 3,878 Cybertrucks over faulty accelerator pedal cover https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/04/tesla-recalls-all-3878-cybertrucks-over-faulty-accelerator-pedal-cover/
  10. I'm just saying we have right now 688 systems running this load and we haven't had one fail yet, and they run high heat... my big question is it the CPU or a combination of hardware that is causing the issue... like a GPU causing some kind of issue on a PCI-e lane that is hurting the processor in an odd way? in our case we aren't using GPU's at all, if it's mostly gamers seeing this I'd start to wonder more outside just the CPU alone
  11. I have big hands as well, and I'm still hunting down a good mouse that fits me. I prefer heavy mice as well.
  12. Qualcomm is teasing us with a video about some kind of Snapdragon X reveal on April 24 by John Callaham Qualcomm has already revealed some info about the upcoming Qualcomm X Elite processor that's designed for Windows 11 PCs. However, there may be more to reveal soon. The company has released a teaser video for some kind of major Snapdragon X reveal next week. On both its X (formerly Twitter) and Instagram Snapdragon accounts, Qualcomm has posted this 15-second teaser video that's clearly related to some kind of announcement concerning the Snapdragon X series. Both posts state that the reveal will happen sometime on Wednesday, April 24. 👀 Stay tuned for 4/24. pic.twitter.com/8SQ6SfZPT8 — Snapdragon (@Snapdragon) April 18, 2024 Exactly what the teaser video is referring to is still something of a mystery. Many online are speculating that these social media post may be preparing us for a release date announcement for the new Windows 11 notebooks that will have the ARM-based Snapdragon X Elite processor on board. Qualcomm has already announced back in October 2023 that the Snapdragon X Elite will be available in notebooks made by Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, HONOR, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung, and Xiaomi sometime in 2024. Earlier this week, render images of an alleged Snapdragon X Elite notebook, the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 14, hit the internet. However, it's also possible that Qualcomm is teasing us about an upcoming new processor in the Snapdragon X series family. Earlier this month, more unconfirmed rumors hit the internet that Qualcomm was working on the Snapdragon X Plus, a somewhat less powerful chip compared to the Elite processor. Of course, it's also possible that neither one of these things is what Qualcomm is teasing us about with this brief but intriguing video. Thankfully, we have less than a week before we find out what the processor company has in mind. We will report on the Qualcomm Snapdragon X news on April 24.
  13. It's probably 25H2 early versions, for now, this would probably be considered Dogfood
  14. honestly, the first 7 episodes are great, but the last episode feels like other people were doing it, I had to rewind it at times because of boredom.
  15. I had this in white (cream) and silver back in the day. What a time to be alive!
  16. Raphaël G.

Hello!

Hello and welcome to the best place on the internet!
  17. I bought one of these when they first came out. It was worth every penny.
  18. Looks like this is going to be post-24H2, though they could always take anything from newer/higher builds and plop them into 26100 builds.
  19. Considering the new one is likely more of the same with more story fleshed out... why are you so sure you won't feel the same way about this one? It's also probably longer, larger world, the usual stuff you'd expect. If anything it'll probably be a longer game. It's the kind of game where the whole point is getting immersed in the world, exploring, making your own fun, leveling up, doing side quests then eventually getting back to the point of the main story, it's a game that would presume you do want to make all the time in the world for it.
  20. Dick Montage

Tesla Cybertruck

Musk will probably: 1) Lash out and call the owner/driver a slur about predatory actions towards kids 2) Try to claim that the word doesn't mean that 3) Deny all responsibility of saying the word 4) Settle out of court
  21. Dick Montage

What was the last TV show you watched?

Episodes don't feel too long, break it up and you wont trip over Guy Richie's absolute posh-boy boner for the criminals!
  22. KB5036985: Microsoft Account manager, MSA recovery are part of Windows 11 build 22635.3500 by Sayan Sen Microsoft today has released a new Beta Channel build for Windows Insiders. The new build, 22635.3500 under KB5036985, has a couple of new features related to the Microsoft Account (MSA), and there are other additions and improvements too. The full changelog is given below: Changes and Improvements gradually being rolled out to the Beta Channel with toggle on* [Start menu] This update starts the roll out of the new account manager on Start menu. When you sign in with a Microsoft account, the new design gives you a quick glanceable view of your account benefits and makes it easy to manage account settings. New account manager experience on the Start menu showing account settings and an action needed that needs to be taken to secure your Microsoft account.[Windows Share] If your Microsoft account uses a Gmail address, you can now send email to yourself from Windows share window and receive it in your Gmail account. Example Gmail option to email yourself in the Windows share window highlighted in a red box.[Settings] To ensure you don’t lose access to your Microsoft account, we’re beginning to roll out a new banner with a “Add now” button under Settings > Account for adding a recovery email address if you haven’t added one for your Microsoft account yet. This will only show if you are signed in with a Microsoft account. We are introducing a new Game Pass recommendation card on the Settings homepage. The Game Pass recommendation card on Settings Homepage will be shown to you if you actively play games on your PC. As a reminder – the Settings homepage will be shown only on the Home and Pro editions of Windows 11 and if you’re signed into Windows with your Microsoft account. New Game Pass recommendation card highlighted in a red box on the Settings homepage.New features rolling out for everyone in the Beta Channel Widgets Board Improvements We are introducing a new navigation bar on the left allowing you to switch between a dedicated widgets dashboard and other integrated dashboards like Discover. As part of this change, we are introducing the ability for developers to send notifications to the taskbar button with their custom dashboards for the Widgets board. Developers can check out this documentation on how to implement this capability with their Widgets dashboards. To manage notifications from multiple dashboards, Widgets is also providing more granular control over what content shows on the Widgets button on the taskbar. You can go to Widgets Settings > Notifications and enable or disable taskbar notifications from individual dashboards. NOTE: These changes are only initially available to Windows Insiders in the European Economic Area (EEA). We’ve added a new Navigation Pane on the left that allows you to switch to My Widgets dashboard. A full widgets only experience from your favorite apps and services.FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Desktop Environment > Widgets. Changes and Improvements gradually being rolled out to everyone in the Beta Channel [Widgets] We are making some improvements to the Widgets button on the taskbar so that the icons on the taskbar are clearer and we are rolling out a larger set of animated icons too. Known issues [General] We are investigating an issue where Internet Information Services (IIS) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) may not work after installing this update. [NEW] We’re working on the fix for an issue causing Settings to crash when copying text in certain cases. As a workaround, please use the extract text option in Snipping Tool for the time being if you are impacted. [Copilot in Windows*] Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel who have the updated Copilot in Windows experience that introduces the ability for Copilot to act like a normal application window may see the following known issues: [NEW] We are aware of reports by Insiders in the Canary, Dev, and Beta Channels that Copilot is auto-launching unexpectedly after restarting their PCs. We hope to have a fix for this issue soon and is unrelated to the auto-launching experience we tried out with Insiders in the Canary and Dev Channels in early February which we stopped rolling out in March. Voice access does not work reliably with the updated Copilot in Windows experience that introduces the ability for Copilot to act like a normal application. Using Windows Ink to write in Copilot will not work with the updated Copilot in Windows experience. [Widgets] [NEW] We’re working on the fix for an issue causing Widgets to crash for some Insiders when interacting with the Widgets board. Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel who have the new position for the Widgets entry-point on left-aligned taskbars may see the following known issues: Swipe invocation for Widgets may not work if taskbar is center-aligned instead of left-aligned. Unpinning Widgets from the taskbar may not work if taskbar is center-aligned instead of left-aligned. The Widgets board is incorrectly positioned when Copilot is in side-by-side mode. Turning on/off Widgets in taskbar settings may refresh the taskbar. You can view the official blog post here on Microsoft's website.
  23. Microsoft adds some Widgets improvements as part of Windows 11 Canary Channel Build 26200 by John Callaham Microsoft has released the latest Windows 11 version for members of the Windows Insider Program in the Canary Channel. The new build number is 26200. It includes some Widgets improvements along with some bug fixes and a few known issues. This is the first Canary Channel release we have seen in the last several weeks that was not joined by a preview build release for Dev Channel users with the same release notes. Microsoft stated: With the Canary Channel moving to a higher build number, the window closes on being able to switch to the Dev Channel without doing a clean-install of Windows. If you haven’t switched channels yet, you can still do so BEFORE taking Build 26200. Here is the change log: Changes and Improvements [General] [REMINDER] As we’ve been mentioning previously that would happen, the build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop has returned. [Widgets] We are also making some improvements to the Widgets button on the taskbar so that the icons on the taskbar are clearer and we are rolling out a larger set of animated icons too. As part of the Widgets board improvements that we began rolling out with Build 26090 a few weeks ago (which are now also rolling out to Insiders in the Dev Channel), we are introducing the ability for developers to send notifications to the taskbar button with their custom dashboards for the Widgets board. Developers can check out this documentation on how to implement this capability with their Widgets dashboards. To manage notifications from multiple dashboards, Widgets is also providing more granular control over what content shows on the Widgets button on the taskbar. You can go to Widgets Settings > Notifications and enable or disable taskbar notifications from individual dashboards. NOTE: These changes are only initially available to Windows Insiders in the European Economic Area (EEA). [Taskbar & System Tray] After trying out a different design for the energy saver icon in system tray a few months ago for PCs that are plugged in and do not have batteries (such as desktop PCs), we reverted the design back to the leaf icon a few builds ago. (This change is also present in Build 26100.) Energy saver icon shown on the system tray for PCs that do not have batteries. Fixes for known issues [Taskbar & System Tray] Fixed an issue that caused a dead zone you couldn’t click inside of next to the notification center. Fixed an issue that was causing the page icons in quick settings to not work in secondary settings pages. Fixed an issue where keyboard focus wasn’t shifting to the top item of the new page correctly after switching pages in quick settings. [Input] Fixed a tabtip.exe crash, which could impact the ability to input text. [Windowing] Fixed an issue which could cause RemoteApp windows to get cut off when using 200% scaling. [Multiple Desktops] Fixed an issue where the option to set a different wallpaper on each desktop wasn’t working. Known issues [General] [IMPORTANT NOTE] We are investigating reports that some Windows Insiders in the Canary and Dev Channels are stuck on Build 26040 or Build 23620. The investigation is ongoing, however if you are impacted by this and really want to get onto the latest build in the Canary or Dev Channel today – you can download the latest ISO here and do a clean install and opt your device back into flighting in the Canary or Dev Channels. [Copilot in Windows] [NEW] We are aware of reports by Insiders in the Canary, Dev, and Beta Channels that Copilot is auto-launching unexpectedly after restarting their PCs. We hope to have a fix for this issue soon and is unrelated to the auto-launching experience we tried out with Insiders in the Canary and Dev Channels in early February which we stopped rolling out in March. Voice access does not work reliably with the updated Copilot in Windows experience that introduces the ability for Copilot to act like a normal application. Using Windows Ink to write in Copilot will not work with the updated Copilot in Windows experience that introduces the ability for Copilot to act like a normal application window. You can check out the full blog post here.
  24. Price Dropped: Get Microsoft Visio 2021 Professional for just $19.97 by Steven Parker Today's highlighted deal comes from our Apps & Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can get Microsoft Visio 2021 Professional for Window for only $19.97. Visio is Microsoft's ultimate tool for diagramming. Large, complex data can be too technical and overwhelming. That's where Visio comes in. With dozens of premade templates, starter diagrams, and stencils, presenting is way easier. Flowcharts, org charts, floor plans, diagrams, and more! Create easy-to-understand visuals with confidence. Select from more than 250,000 shapes through Visio’s online content ecosystem. Access additional templates not currently available in Visio for the web. Work more naturally using your finger or pen to draw and annotate diagrams on a touch-enabled device. Automatically generate org charts from data sources like Excel, Exchange, or Microsoft Entra ID Ultimate Tool for Diagramming Flowcharts. Vast library of shapes, stencils & templates to turn numbers and information into impactful stories Org charts. Easily craft org charts to visualize team, hierarchy, or reporting structures Floor plans. Design a social distancing workspace, retail store layout, new home, and more with accurate, scalable templates & tools Brainstorming. Range of templates for visualizing problems & mapping solutions—from fishbone diagrams to SWOT analysis Network diagrams. Simplify your system design process & illustrate how devices and networks all work together with a variety of network templates, shapes, and connector tools VISIO PROFESSIONAL 2021 One-time purchase On-premises diagramming solution, licensed for 1 PC. Enjoy all the features of Visio Standard, plus additional templates, shapes, and collaboration features Build and validate diagrams that support industry standards, including BPMN 2.0, IEEE, and UML 2.5 Link diagrams to live data from internal and external sources Good to know Offer DOES NOT include a Microsoft 365 subscription Requires a Microsoft 365 commercial or standalone subscription to SharePoint Requires a license for the desktop version of Microsoft 365 apps Requires a Power BI subscription for editing Requires a Power Automate subscription Requires a Microsoft 365 commercial or standalone subscription to OneDrive or SharePoint Length of access: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase Access options: desktop Max number of device(s): 1 Version: 2021 Pro Updates included Here's the deal: Microsoft Visio 2021 Professional for Windows normally costs $249.99, but it can be yours for just $19.97 for a limited time, that's a saving of $225 (92%) off! For terms, specifications, and license info please click the link below. Price drop. to $19.97 Begins: 4/19 @12:00AM Ends: 4/22 @11:59PM Get this deal for just $23.99, or learn more See all discounted Neowin Deals on offer. This is a time-limited deal. Although priced in U.S. dollars, this deal is available for digital purchase worldwide. We post these because we earn commission on each sale so as not to rely solely on advertising, which many of our readers block. It all helps toward paying staff reporters, servers and hosting costs. Other ways to support Neowin The above deal not doing it for you, but still want to help? Check out the links below. Check out our partner software in the Neowin Store Buy a T-shirt at Neowin's Threadsquad Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for an ad-free experience Disclosure: An account at Neowin Deals is required to participate in any deals powered by our affiliate, StackCommerce. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site.
  1. Load more activity