All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

A quick Google came up with Performance Pro 150 Mbps, 5 Mbps $89.95/mo. so it looks like you're paying for 5, the download is fine but that upload is terrible.
  3. adrynalyne

150Mbps - 400Mbps

Even as a regular person, how can you not know when they tell you when you purchase the package? Would these be the same regular persons who do not read contracts and sign blindly?
  4. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

Every regular person does or should do. As previously stated if you don't have enough upload it can affect your download speed and it then all goes pear shaped.
  5. thisdude

150Mbps - 400Mbps

What regular person asks about upload speed? I feel like that's more in the interests for people working from home or people that upload alot (past PirateBay day lol).
  6. The Ultimate Cloud Partner Checklist - Free Download by Steven Parker Request your complimentary checklist for free today, before this time-limited offer expires. What's it about? Choosing the right cloud partner is a big decision. The following 18 items will provide you with the essential criteria for selecting the right cloud partner and signing on the dotted line. Adding cloud services to your IT environment can increase your complexity and burden your internal team. For these reasons, many enterprises are looking for help. When it comes to evaluating a prospective partner there are 18 items to consider, broken down into three categories: The Background Research: The right partner should have a proven track record for successful cloud migration projects and an innovative approach to implementation. The Compatibility Test: The right partner should specialize in the core technologies and industries you rely on. The Security Check: The right partner should highly value your cybersecurity by actively monitoring, protecting, and reporting. If you want to choose the right partner, you have to do the right research. Let this resource help you get there. How to get it Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last! >> The Ultimate Cloud Partner Checklist - Free Download << Offered by Syntax, view other free resources. Limited time offer Not for you? That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner: Get a discounted Private Internet Access VPN subscription plan via Neowin #PIA #VPN #PrivateInternetAccess https://t.co/R16yqXJuGQ pic.twitter.com/QrdBEMRgWE — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) May 13, 2019 How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.
  7. Copernic

GIMP 2.10.12

GIMP 2.10.12 by Razvan Serea GIMP is a digital photo manipulation tool for Windows (and many other platforms) that’s considered to be the open source (free) answer to Adobe Photoshop. Like Photoshop, GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching, image composition, image construction, and has many other capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, and so much more. GIMP is amazingly expandable and extensible – it is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted. One of GIMP's strengths is its free availability from many sources for many operating systems. So, if you don’t want to pay the price for Photoshop, GIMP is definitely the app for you! GIMP features: Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, and more – including the support of custom brushes & patterns Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear, flip, and more Supports a variety of selection tools such as rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, and more Supports many file formats – including bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and more Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections Supports a virtually unlimited number of images open at one time Load, display, convert, and save to many different file formats Overview of changes from GIMP 2.10.0 to GIMP 2.10.2: Core Discard fonts which fail to load and popup an info dialog to allow people debug their fonts. New API to suppress updates in UI until plug-ins are done introducing changes. New API to calculate histograms in separate threads, with possible further extension to handle similar cases elsewhere in GIMP. Tool options are now properly saved and reloaded per-device at startup. Plug-ins New plug-in for importing and exporting HEIF images. Enable visibility of rasterized vector layer from PSD. Single-window screenshots in Windows fixed to correctly snap a window even when it is partly off-screen or covered by another window or when display scaling is not set to 100%. Filters New Spherize filter to wrap an image around a spherical cap New Recursive Transform filter to create Droste effect. Usability Warn users, when alpha-only painting has no effect. E.g. when target drawable doesn't have an alpha channel, or the alpha channel is locked. Make the splash texts dynamic, so they are larger on larger splashes. Mention pressing Enter to complete Foreground selection in the status bar. Make sure that clicking outside any selection prevents Rectangle Select and Ellipse Select tools from creating empty selections. Improve mouse wheel zooming behavior to keep the same point centered under the pointer even if the image is completely visible in the canvas. Add "View -> Center Image in Window" (Shift+J) as a quick way to center the image at any zoom level. Translations Updated translations: Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian. New translation of Windows installer: Chinese (Taiwan) Build Add a --with-bug-report-url configure option allowing packagers to set the address of their own bug tracker. This address will be the one opened by the debug dialog for reporting bugs. Add a flatpak manifest for the gtk3-port branch. Remove the possibility to disable script-fu. Add a --with-icc-directory configure option to customize the color profile directory. By default, it is set to the common path /usr/share/color/icc. Documentation Updating the description of the XCF format "devel-docs/xcf.txt", for third-party readers wishing to support GIMP 2.10 XCF files. Add documentation skeletons for all enums in libgimpbase/, there is much room for improvement. Download: GIMP 2.10.12 | 223.0 MB (Open Source) View: GIMP Website | Release Notes | GIMP Screenshot Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  8. Brandon H

150Mbps - 400Mbps

yeah renting a router is just a rip off. Look around on Amazon, any router that states is Comcast compatible should work well for you. You'll want a DOCS 3.0 or 3.1 router and you'll be good
  9. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

You really should know what you're paying for, whats it say on your package?
  10. BudMan

Server Advice

yeah this system seems a bit over the top if you ask me.. You have 5 users.. Really raid 6 for what amount of data? How much were those drives? They are only 1.2TB? You prob have saved money just getting SDD and doing Raid 1 if you were worried about something failing.. The box is prob way over the top cost wise for 5 people... You could prob of gotten by with some $1000 off the shelf nas to be honest... You sure don't need to be paying the MS tax for windows server licenses with 5 users.. Any NAS os would allow you to be a "domain" and central user management, without paying the ms tax..
  11. Elliot B.

Missing Windows Media Player context menus

Winamp 👍
  12. thisdude

150Mbps - 400Mbps

Can you guys recommend a good router to replace the one we rent from Comcast? It's $13 a month to rent it, $156 a year. Is it really that much of an issue? We've had a couple nights with everyone connected iphones, 2 tvs, and laptop and no issues.
  13. BudMan

150Mbps - 400Mbps

your down is good for paying for 150.. but up is horrible... You would think your upload would be 10.. When I paid for 75/10 plan with comcast I would normally see 80ish down and 12mbps up.. So your actually just paying for 5 or are you paying for 10 and only seeing 5?
  14. SnoopZ

150Mbps - 400Mbps

I was expecting atleast 10mbit to be honest, not great only time will tell if it becomes an issue.
  15. Brandon H

Missing Windows Media Player context menus

you can convert your WMP playlists to the generic m3u format that most other players support https://www.razumny.no/2009/05/exporting-itunes-and-windows-media-player-playlists-to-m3u-format/ edit: btw if you do wish to use WinAmp then you'll be happy to hear it's not pay-for anymore since being resurrected last year http://www.winamp.com/
  16. chaol

GIVEAWAY: Win a Huawei MateBook 13 (U.S. only)

I enjoy how it brings a Window OS experience to a form factor similar to Macbooks. That’s why I want to win it.
  17. sunshine_10

The matebook fits the bill for my needs. Lightweight but with enough power to get most work done. I also appreciate that it's small form factor and decent specs and the ratio of the screen is very useful for coding/reading.
  18. styles5433

I would like to win this because it would help me out on site as part of my job
  19. I have to wonder if MS will pull the trigger and go AMD Ryzen for the Studio 3? 7nm, lower tdp and more cores for extra performance. I get they have a close partnership with intel but come on.
  20. Today
  21. It looks a well thought out machine that slips on the implementation. I'd give it an 8 just based on your review.
  22. And I should have added: "Don't get me started on the typically heavy and intrusive Lenovo system software." The lack of unnecessary OEM bloat is another benefit of Surface that often goes unappreciated.
  23. thisdude

150Mbps - 400Mbps

Here you go. Is that bad or good?
  24. Reading up on all this, I find the 9.5 a bit high imho. Especially with the issues the unit has. It's nice to see some variations on the MS version though.
  25. Pay What You Want for the Complete Oracle eBook Bundle by Steven Parker Today's highlighted offer comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where for a limited time you can Pay What You Want for the Complete Oracle eBook Bundle. The massive, 84-hour guide to becoming an Oracle Database Administrator and making the big bucks. How does it work? With the Pay What You Want bundles, you can get something incredible for as little as you want to pay. And if you beat the average price, you’ll receive the fully upgraded bundle! Included in this Pay What You Want deal, are the following courses: Pay What You Want (as little as $1) for the unlocked items: Oracle Database 12c Backup & Recovery Survival Guide A Comprehensive Guide for Every DBA to Learn Recovery & Backup Solutions Oracle Data Integrator 11g Cookbook Take Your Understanding of Oracle Data Integrator to the Next Level and unlock the following courses with a bid over the average price: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c Build an Oracle BI 12c System That Turns Data Into Actionable Insight Advanced Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Guide (Second Edition) Master the Advanced Concepts of PL/SQL for Professional-Level Certification Oracle Goldengate 12c Implementers Guide Leverage the Power of Real-Time Data Access for Designing, Building, & Tuning Your Goldengate Oracle SQL Developer Learn Database Design, Development, & Administration Using SQL Developer 4.1 Oracle Goldengate 11g Complete Cookbook Design, Install, & Configure High-Performance Data Replication Solutions What's the deal? The bundle represents an overall retail value of $363. But you can Pay What You Want for the unlocked courses (as little as $1). Bid the average price or over and you'll take home the entire bundle. Qualify for the giveaway! Beat the Leader's price and get entered into the epic giveaway, plus get featured on the leaderboard! >> Pay What You Want for this Complete Oracle eBook Bundle << See other Pay What You Want deals. This is a time-limited deal that ends soon. Save even more! Stick with Neowin Deals and earn credit or even deeper discounts. Check out our recent deals here or on the Neowin Deals site. For every $25 spent, you get $1 credit added to your Neowin Deals account. Refer the deal for $10 credit via social media or email and if it results in a purchase of at least $10, you'll get $10 credit added to your account. 10% off for first-time buyers: be sure not to dismiss the popup offer to subscribe to email updates on the deals page in order to profit! Not for you? If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out our giveaways on the Neowin Deals website? There's also a bunch of freebies you can check out here. On the Neowin Deals website we're giving away a Galaxy S10 - but you gotta be in it to win it! https://t.co/iFkLzcFsHk #GalaxyS10 #giveaway pic.twitter.com/WMXGA50EvV — Neowin (@NeowinFeed) April 1, 2019 Miscellany and the fine print! In some cases, such as with Online Courses, a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase is possible if you are unhappy with it; this does not apply to all deals, so please do check the terms on the page before making a purchase. Check our other recent deals, before they expire, or our preferred partner software. How can I disable these posts? Click here. Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs. *Values or percentages mentioned above are subject to StackCommerce's own determination of retail pricing.
  26. If this is cancelled and Huawei's issues continue and Apple are first to the market, they wouldn't be far off from inventing a sellable, foldable phone. This would be more of a case of said product was announced by a competitor earlier but Apple would be the first to actually sell it, if they are able to be first. We are a long ways away from these type of foldable devices.
  27. 16:9 display, ridiculous aesthetics, and a keyboard that is poor to type on... Yeah, no. I agree that Surface Studio falls short in component choice, but there is a lot more to being a "Surface killer" than just throwing in a desktop CPU.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?