WTF! Why did they disable snapping two apps/folders on both sides of screen

In windows 7 and 8, you could take take apps or folders and throw them on both sides of screen and they would take half the screen each.

On windows 10 if I throw one folder to the left or right, it makes the other open apps/folders little tiny squares on the other side. 

How can you get that functionally back?

In case you didn't know, you can use Windows key and the arrow keys (such as left, right, up, down)  so you can move any active window to any part of the screen on your desktop PC.

Not sure this function works on tablet or not. I don't have any Windows tablets yet..  Only PC.

• Like 1

You can also disable this behavior by turning off "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it"

post-21852-0-50818800-1435861333.jpg

• Like 3

I think the new snap assist feature is great, odds are that when you snap one app left or right like that you're going to snap another open app to the other side, this feature lets you pick which one and do it quickly with one single click. 

when you move a window to snap to the left, move up a little and it will snap just to the top left.

This will confuse anyone if you said like that..

They will understand clearly if you said drag the window to the one of the corners of the screen, either side.. the window will be placed in top or bottom corners, either side..

Like I said, you can use the window key and arrows keys to move the active window around.