Windows OneCare open beta

Dear Windows OneCare? Beta Testers,

First, a huge thanks to everyone for your great feedback and ideas! We've been hard at work fixing bugs and implementing new features based on the valuable input you have provided. This newsletter contains information on upcoming product improvements, the first in a series of top tester awards, and how you can help expand our beta program. Invite your friends and family to signup for the Windows OneCare Beta!b>

Do you know others who are interested in trying out Windows OneCareWe are now at the point where we would like to expand our group of beta testers. We encourage you to extend Windows OneCare beta invitations to your friends and family.b> Just have them go thttp://beta.microsoft.com/b>, sign in with their Microsoft? Passport Network credentials, type OneCare/b> (case sensitive) when prompted for the guest ID, and follow the instructions from there.You can install Windows OneCare on multiple computers!/b>

Did you know that approved beta participants can install Windows OneCare on more than one PC? In fact, we encourage you to install the beta on every PC in your house to ensure that we are finding and fixing as many of your issues as possible. To install Windows OneCare Beta on additional machines:

Go to http://beta.windowsonecare.com/purchase/default.aspx.

Sign in with your Passport Network credentials.

Enter your unique Product Key. (If you have previously entered your unique Product Key, you will not be prompted to enter it again.)

Install Windows OneCare and enjoy.

Top feature requests coming in the next few months

Backup to an external hard drive!

That's right, you spoke and we listened. Many folks have asked for the ability to back up to an external hard drive because they have either large datasets or don't have a CD/DVD burner. Our team has been hard at work to implement this new feature and it's looking great so far!Integration with Microsoft Update/b>

We've added a much requested integration feature that notifies you when MU auto/auto is not set and gives you a 1-click action item to get you greenDetection of conflicting applications/b>

Did you know that, like other security programs, Windows OneCare does not support operation on a PC that has other antivirus or firewall programs installed? Many folks have been confused by this, so we've added a feature at setup that informs you of the specific programs that need to be uninstalled prior to Windows OneCare installation. This new detection feature provides easy-to-follow instructions on how to remove the conflicting softwareShell extension for antivirus scan/b>

Soon, you will be able to right-click files or folders and scan them in place.

Well I applied. I hope that because I'm from Australia I won't be discriminated against, again. :/

586492468[/snapback]

The test is still US-only, an international test will be started at the end of the year.

The test is still US-only, an international test will be started at the end of the year.

586492599[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure it's US/Canada since they have our Provinces available to select. ;)

586492599[/snapback]

Weird. When I did the survey it let me choose my state and city in australia. Why would they do that if it was US only?

aye, i signed up when i first heard about it months ago, even though it was announced as US only, i did it anyway, just in case! i was able to apply without lying, so there must have been options for other countries at one point.

:shifty: what was the gift then?

586496155[/snapback]

Just got the email yeseterday.

Will let you known when I get it. :D

Last time I got a t-shirt, a book, two jackets, a coffe mug, three pins, and two stickers. For Windows 2003 R2 . :)

Signed up even though im UK

586495179[/snapback]

Same here.

This is the 2nd time i'm applying. If this beta is currently not open to people in UK, does anyone know when it will be?