MSN Toolbar Beta

MSN Toolbar Beta is now released at http://toolbar.msn.com it has many features built-in and it has a pop-up blocker!

Information from MSN

tbar.gif

With this free and customizable search tool, you can:

tbsr.gif  Search the Web from any Web page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tbhi.gif  Use the Highlight Viewer to quickly locate your search words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tbms.gif  Use Quick Links to launch MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, and your personalized MSN home page.

tbpop.gif  Get rid of pop-up ads with the Pop-up Guard.

The only reason I'd use this is cause of the little msn buttun :) I wish I could add a buttun to the toolbar like I can with ICQ & yahoo. (& no I dont mean the one for windowsm essenger I mean msns messenger) (screenie below)

-Romeo

post-8-1075097169.jpg

looks the same as google.

So how many different ways exactly do you think a toolbar (by definition in this context a horizontal bar) can look?

What is it they should have changed to make it not look like a, well, a toolbar?

So how many different ways exactly do you think a toolbar (by definition in this context a horizontal bar) can look?

What is it they should have changed to make it not look like a, well, a toolbar?

Agree

UNLESS it has pretty sparkly bits and pieces on it and is a different colour. Even then it will be a 'rip off'

And of course, being a Beta, will be some bugs.

Oh hum, hard to please some.

Their hightlight viewer is awesome, also an interesting point is that the pop up blocker takes over the MSN 9 settings which I believe are web based ....pretty smart integration

I installed it and managed to get it to point at Google instead!

1. Close IE.

2. Download the ZIP file.

3. Unzip it to \Program Files\MSN Toolbar\1.0.1322.0\en-us and overwrite when prompted.

4. Start IE.

5. Search with Google!

My reshacked version also has MSN Shopping and MSN Entertainment replaced with Knowledge Base and Knowledge Base (Lookup). I only edited msntb.cfg to point US English at Google, you'll need to scroll down to your language and change it if necessary.

Selecting "Search this Site" seems to cause IE to crash and I don't know why. :(

msntb.zip

Hell with the google bar and the msn bar... Why not just make ur own????

Yup! Just replace the icons..and u hv ur toolbar :p

On the whole.. this S**t thing sucks (N)