mgs3.jpg

mgs4uui.jpg

The new Konami countdown flashes this image

bigboss.jpg

Edited by Audioboxer

So is it for the PS3 or X360?

I am guessing its for the PS3 as it is in the Sony console section. :p

Scans are from PS3+PSP Famitsu.

However that's not confirmation of exclusivity, just that it's obviously at least appearing on the PS3.

edit: Apparently scans are from regular Famitsu, much more likely for a multi-platform announcement incoming therefore. Someone else has pointed out if you put together all the random letters Konami have been flashing on screen you can make P...S...3 and 3...6...0

Edited by Audioboxer

However that's not confirmation of exclusivity, just that it's obviously at least appearing on the PS3.

edit: Apparently scans are from regular Famitsu, much more likely for a multi-platform announcement incoming therefore. Someone else has pointed out if you put together all the random letters Konami have been flashing on screen you can make P...S...3 and 3...6...0

Want this in the main Gamers Hangout?? I can make that happen quick.

Want this in the main Gamers Hangout?? I can make that happen quick.

Well I would leave it till something about platforms is announced?

MGS4 is still exclusive, while the rumours are rampant about multiplatform there isn't any confirmation a sequel/prequel to MGS4 would go anywhere other than the natural choice being the PS3.

But you guys can do what you feel! This could end up a PSP game for all we know, but I seriously hope not :p

The part about the PS3&PSP Famitsu wasn't made up

Metal Gear makers Kojima Productions are just hours away from revealing... something, as the developer's teaser page countdown clock is set to expire today. Who knows what Kojima and crew are planning? Famitsu might know.

According to a solicitation for the next issue of the Japanese gaming mag's PSP and PlayStation 3 edition, as listed at 7-Eleven's Japanese site, a "new Metal Gear" will be given some pages. Not that surprising, considering the hints that Kojima Productions has dropped throughout its teaser site.

Add to that the "pressure" Hideo Kojima says he feels to create more Metal Gear games and we'd think another tactical espionage action adventure might be in the cards, perhaps to be formally announced at E3, perhaps prior.

Given the magazine's topics of coverage, that "new Metal Gear" is logically going to be released on the PSP and/or PlayStation 3. We'll note that the Xbox 360 focused Famitsu publication does not feature a similar listing for a "new Metal Gear." Just in case you ask.

The Famitsu PSP+PS3 issue is slated to arrive on May 30th in Japan. Given the regular schedule at which details from the mag leak, we'd expect to see what's buried within a few days before.

http://kotaku.com/5264781/new-metal-gear-f...ssue-of-famitsu

I can also confirm parts of the scans above are censored, actually censored in-mag that is. It might be the case that the PS3&PSP Famitsu has all the details? We'll see.

One part translated

Kojima: At this time, this middle aged man (●●●) is shown. Because this is the only thing that's show, I want everyone to think about what it is. For example how the ●●● appears.

Hamamura: Is this...Big Boss?

Kojima: How the ●●● appears is a little different

Hamamura: What? Different...?

●●● = censored

Is anybody really surprised at this? We were all told to believe what Kojima says so we will go out in droves to buy MGS4. I'm not saying I won't play it, but the deception just makes me laugh.

Well I would leave it till something about platforms is announced?

MGS4 is still exclusive, while the rumours are rampant about multiplatform there isn't any confirmation a sequel/prequel to MGS4 would go anywhere other than the natural choice being the PS3.

But you guys can do what you feel! This could end up a PSP game for all we know, but I seriously hope not :p

I was just asking what you thought was appropriate, to me it is still a PS 3 exclusive, so as you said if it is announced otherwise than it makes sense.

Here we go again with the 360 Rumors for a New MGS.... This is so 2007... :p :p :p

By the way, it may not be Raiden. Wrong colour of eyes (Raiden has blue eyes), some people think it might be Gray Fox ;)

2s67wva.jpg

Gray Fox lost an eye, and also had a bandana/silver hair

Gray_Fox_(MG2).gif

Gray Fox makes sense if Big Boss is involved, Raiden does not...

edit: Kojima screwing with our heads either way ;)

Edited by Audioboxer

Someone else has pointed out if you put together all the random letters Konami have been flashing on screen you can make P...S...3 and 3...6...0

Looking at it now, with the Big Boss pic flashing, there's an R and an E, in addition to the 5/S, a 3, and a 9.

How can you not get excited about Big Boss.

cause the last metal gear i played was substance :( hurry up and release something for 360 or PC...

i need to find a ps2 and play snake eater still. I'm that behind and this is one of my favourite vid game franchises of all time

Any MGS game is PlayStation exclusive unless otherwise stated.

It hasn't even been announced yet, so technically it hasn't been stated.

Please let it be Raiden centric. Unlikely I know, but still.

wow this will be interesting when you thought it all ends here with 4 with still a few loose ends not being tied it goes on well i'll be keen to keep up with it hopefully it's ps3 game and not psp.

Well I for one don't think it will be on whatever Raiden did to get his cyborg body between MGS2 and MGS4 and here's why:

In the Metal Gear Solid 4 Database they explained that story already, and IMO at least it wouldn't make much sense to make a game out of that story when people already know what happened.

Well I for one don't think it will be on whatever Raiden did to get his cyborg body between MGS2 and MGS4 and here's why:

In the Metal Gear Solid 4 Database they explained that story already, and IMO at least it wouldn't make much sense to make a game out of that story when people already know what happened.

Yeah, it looks like a young big boss so its not going to be at any time period after MGS2 and he lost his eye in MGS3 so it has to be set after 3 but before 2.

Isn't 3 snake eater? And didn't that take place way before 2? Like Korean war era? So how could he loss his eye in 3 and it be after snake eater? Shouldn't it be before 3?