AutoPatcher XP 4.1 Official Thread (Old)

AutoPatcher 4.2 (December Update) is out!!!

Hello all! Thanks to many many people, I now have the AutoPatcher hosted... and I thought I'd share with all of you! :) Here are some quick details:

Info on version 4.2:

Full File Size: 202.0 MB (7z Executable)

Update Package Size: 58.0 MB (7z Executable)

Patcher Version: 4.2.29 Final - December Update

Forums: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=89

Install Time: 20 - 120 Min

Patches contained: 180

** 25 Windows XP Pre-Service Pack 2 Critical Updates

** 22 Windows XP Pre-Service Pack 2 Recommended Updates

** 05 Internet Explorer Updates

** 03 Outlook Express Updates

** Bootvis Tool (version 1.3.37)

** Euro Conversion Tool

** MSN Messenger 6.1.0203 w/ Option to uninstall Windows Messenger 4.7

** Windows Messenger 5.0.0468 (if you chose not to install MSN Messenger)

** Microsoft Virtual Machine w/ 2 Updates

** Sun Java 1.4.2_03 (for those running SP1a or SP1)

** Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8

** Microsoft DirectX 9.0b w/ 1 Update & Optional Control Panel Shortcut

** Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8

** Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 Replication Update

** Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 w/ 1 Update

** Microsoft SharePoint Migration Tool

** Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer

** Windows XP PowerToys (including 8 Bonus Powertoys)

** Microsoft XML 4.0 SP2

** Windows Media Player 9 w/ Update to Build 3075 & 7 other Updates & Enhancements

** Windows Movie Maker 2.0

** Windows Rights Management Client 1.0

** 3D Windows XP ScreenSaver

** Adaptec ASPI Layer for Windows XP

** Bliss Screensaver

** Microsoft American Flag ScreenSaver

** Ability to remove ASP.Net Uset Account

** Ability to remove all Windows XP ScreenSavers

** Ability to remove all Win9x based Wallpapers

** Ability to remove all Windows XP Wallpapers

** IE Spy-Ad

** Optional Internet Explorer Spellcheck tool

** System Uptime Tool* Macromedia Flash Player

** Macromedia Shockwave Player

** MSN Plus 2.5.2

** Neowin Screensaver (XP logon Hack)

** Microsoft NZ Bliss Wallpaper

** Option to replace update 8-Bit Shutdown and Logoff Icons on Windows Classic Theme

** Startup Monitor

** Startup CPL

** UxTheme.dll Patcher (so you can use custom themes)

** 57 Registry Tweaks

Please post any issues that happen, or any errors... there shouldn't be any left, but you never know. ;) lol

Torrent Links

-----------------------

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (UPDATE ONLY, REQUIRES ORIGINAL FILE TO WORK) Mirror 1 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (UPDATE ONLY, REQUIRES ORIGINAL FILE TO WORK) Mirror 2 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (FULL UPDATE) Mirror 1 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (FULL UPDATE) Mirror 2 - Status - Up

Direct Link

-----------------------

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (UPDATE ONLY, REQUIRES ORIGINAL FILE TO WORK) Mirror 1 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (UPDATE ONLY, REQUIRES ORIGINAL FILE TO WORK) Mirror 2 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (UPDATE ONLY, REQUIRES ORIGINAL FILE TO WORK) Mirror 3 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (FULL UPDATE) Mirror 1 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (FULL UPDATE) Mirror 2 - Status - Up

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 December Update (FULL UPDATE) Mirror 3 - Status - Down

eDonkey/eMule

-----------------------

ed2k://|file|AP_Dec_Update.exe|60917725|7B338FA51B97E662CF91E274931CC7E0|/

(UPDATE ONLY, REQUIRES ORIGINAL FILE TO WORK)

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcherXP_Dec.exe|211893177|3CF97C10964EC873C5075E86765CDE66|/

(FULL UPDATE)

NewsGroups

-----------------------

alt.binaries.warez

alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.os

alt.binaries.cd.image

Edited by FlishFun

If this works as advertised, you might be my new best friend this week.

Are these installed individually or is all in one package? (do I have to remove the entire package if I bork my machine or can I remove the problematic patch)

If this works as advertised, you might be my new best friend this week.

Are these installed individually or is all in one package? (do I have to remove the entire package if I bork my machine or can I remove the problematic patch)

All the patches can be uninstalled individually. One file to install them all, then you can manually uninstall whichever ones you need out of "Add/Remove Programs"

And it should work, been tested on 2 of my machines, 1 work machine, and it's posted on another tech site and has been installed without problem by their members. ;)

Edit: In 1 hour and 30 minutes my Mega-Bonus Auto-Patcher will be ready for download (the one with DirectX 9.0b and WMP9 and other things all included)!

Edited by FlishFun

Thanks. Groovy.

I thought the XP Rollup would be the highlight of my week.

Well mine includes the rollup (and because of that, the 22 updates it installs)... but it left me feeling empty (I am part of the WU4 Beta program and had that update for a bit now), so I made this. :) Works like a charm too, I might add! :D

nice ;-) i suspect though there is no UI front-end... anybody wants a VB front-end? I could prolly code something...

Just PM'd you about your offer. ;)

Thanks. Groovy.

I thought the XP Rollup would be the highlight of my week.

Well mine includes the rollup (and because of that, the 22 updates it installs)... but it left me feeling empty (I am part of the WU4 Beta program and had that update for a bit now), so I made this. :) Works like a charm too, I might add! :D

Thanks FlishFun.....this is great!

nice!

for the Bonus Patcher ,

MSN 6.1 will be released shortly....

I know... as soon as it's released I'll update the Bonus Patcher. I thought about putting 6.1 beta in, but then decided against it. haha And by the way, I did already test the bonus patcher... works nice... wish I had a better connection to the FTP from here!

nice!

for the  Bonus Patcher ,

MSN 6.1 will be released shortly....

when will msn6.1 be released? :blink:

Mess.be says:

Microsoft has shown the official release date of MSN Messenger 6.1 to be the 23rd of October.

The widely anticipated next version of the popular 6 release promises a number of new features and games most of which can be found right here! But remember that Microsoft like to tweak their release dates so I guess we will just have to wait and see!

thanks fishfun! i'm looking forward to your bonus patcher :)

Argh! Well for some reason the connection to the FTP I was uploading it to just died. *sigh* So I'm starting again. I have a very lousy upload connection rate to it (about 20 k/s)... wish I could get the speed up. So it looks like you have an extra hour to wait, but no matter what... it will be released today. ;)

hey flishfun i just realised we have the same birthday haha but you are one year older than me :D

:o Oops! Actually you share a birthday with my fiancee MapleCookie. lol I was jokin' around with her awhile back and I put her birthday, just one year older so I could be older than her. My birthday is actually June 2, 1981. ;) It's fixed now. lol Thanks for reminding me... I had totally forgotten about that! haha

This is totally kick a$$

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THIS DUDE :p

Ekk, only one problem with it. 1/2 way through I got an error about a missing folder I just clicked on OK and it carried on. I am running it from a CD if that makes a difference

:edit:

ok just before the batch file finishes and tells me everything is ok and that I need to reboot..........I get about 5-6 windows saying blah blah can only be installed on IE6 SP1 and that such and such isnt at the correct version. Is anyone else getting strange messages.....maybe the hotfixes are being installed in the wrong order ??????

Cheers

Glen.

Edited by glen8

This looks great, would help me out when I setup a lot of systems for people and have to download all those damn updates and then dx9 and movie maker, and your BIG install would come in handy, its everything i use and would make my installation cut in half i bet. Takes time executing all those dang files and clicking "OK" to agreements.....

Great work, and yes a gui front end would be nice.....

This is totally kick a$$

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THIS DUDE :p

Ekk, only one problem with it. 1/2 way through I got an error about a missing folder I just clicked on OK and it carried on. I am running it from a CD if that makes a difference

:edit:

ok just before the batch file finishes and tells me everything is ok and that I need to reboot..........I get about 5-6 windows saying blah blah can only be installed on IE6 SP1 and that such and such isnt at the correct version. Is anyone else getting strange messages.....maybe the hotfixes are being installed in the wrong order ??????

Cheers

Glen.

Haven't had the issue about the folder... may be because it's off CD.

When it says:

"can only be installed on IE6 SP1" that means it's already installed (or doesn't need that particular patch). If it was in the wrong order it would come up and tell you what patch needs to be installed first. I tested that to be sure. So don't worry, that is normal. :)