Ray Lewis. Greatest Player Ever?

So, I am from the baltimore area, so this is probably biased.

Ray Lewis is the best defensive player i've ever seen, so I was

wondering, could he be the greatest player ever??

I try to look at it from a domination standpoint. There is only one player

who I can think of that was more dominating. Jim Brown.

So, my top 5...

Jim Brown

Ray Lewis

Barry Sanders

Dan Marino

Walter Payton

What are your top -5 ?

Barry Sanders

Jerry Rice

LT (Lawrence Taylor)

Reggie White

Joe Montana/Steve Young (i was a sf fan for years so I am biased to say them hehe)

I don't think Lewis is even close to being the best player ever, two defensive guys in my list were better than he is imo.

Lets not go there. Barry wouldn't know how to use a good line if it hit him right between the eyes. He's a e/w runner. I won't go down the Best RB debate, cause both Emmitt and Sanders lose to Payton.....and I am a Cowboy fan.

Don't forget that Jim Brown retired early too.

But, as far as Ray goes, you just have to see a game in baltimore to

see all the pomp and circumstance that goes on around him. I have

never seen a defense player get his own personal introduction, let alone

a 5 minute intrance with his own fireworks and everything.

Emmit is good, Barry is better, but I think that Brown is probably the best RB..

*note his career was behind 300+ lb lineman, give that line to Barry and he would have 20,000+ career yards :p

;)

pfft maybe barry shouldnt have retried im sick of people saying that oh if barry this and barry couldve that, get over it, emmit stayed in the game and got the record :crazy:

But, as far as Ray goes, you just have to see a game in baltimore to

see all the pomp and circumstance that goes on around him. I have

never seen a defense player get his own personal introduction, let alone

a 5 minute intrance with his own fireworks and everything.

That's because it takes that long for him to celebrate himself as he walks out to the field. It's like he has a seizure or something. Baltimore has to do something exciting to pass the time.

I'm mad at Barry for quitting too, I'm talking his career not how he ended it... The Lions sucked ass for so many years, with no offensive line and yet he is in the #3 spot for total rushing yards, I think that says a lot about him.

I honestly think he is the best RB every to play the game, and yes over Payton.

That's because it takes that long for him to celebrate himself as he walks out to the field. It's like he has a seizure or something. Baltimore has to do something exciting to pass the time.

:laugh:

That dance thing he does annoys the heck out of me.

So, I am from the baltimore area, so this is probably biased.

Ray Lewis is the best defensive player i've ever seen, so I was

wondering, could he be the greatest player ever??

I try to look at it from a domination standpoint. There is only one player

who I can think of that was more dominating. Jim Brown.

So, my top 5...

Jim Brown

Ray Lewis

Barry Sanders

Dan Marino

Walter Payton

What are your top -5 ?

Where in baltimore? Im from Towson and originally in Owings mills

Emmit Smith

Barry Sanders

Walter Payton

Derrick Brooks

Terrel Davis (Yes, him, he just played 5 seasons and he was the best then)

No votes for Priest Holmes? He's dominated the league rushers the last 3 - 4 seasons...

1.- this season he is not dominating at all, just in the TD deparment, but most of those TD are 5 yards or less, people like Emmit smith worked a lot more that him

2.- just because 4 good seasons doesnt give him that big credit, besides his career started in a very mediocre way

,Dec 7 2003, 18:03] 1.- this season he is not dominating at all, just in the TD deparment, but most of those TD are 5 yards or less, people like Emmit smith worked a lot more that him

2.- just because 4 good seasons doesnt give him that big credit, besides his career started in a very mediocre way

I agree with your points SD... Yes his career did start off rather mediocre but by saying something like Emmitt worked harder, that tells me that KC has a better line than Dallas had and Priest gets more opporunities for the run because his line is able to open up the field for him. In Emmitts defense though, the game has changed alot since his hay-day...

Great. Now group hug, and lets get back to talking about how rediculous it is to think that Ray Lewis is the best player of all time.

Agreed, I think he isn't in top100, how bout that :)

No votes for Priest Holmes? He's dominated the league rushers the last 3 - 4 seasons...

Actually he's dominated a relatively weak pack of rushers for the last two to three seasons. Holmes isn't even near the top ten RB of all time, IMO.