[NBA]Vince And Rose to HORNETS? for JAMAL&BROWN?

all i gotta say is wtf? send VC and rose..for two rebounders? whos gonna score now? PJ BROWN? jamal is a great player..but for ROSE? HELL NO!!!

ill be maddddddddddd if they do this.

and look @ hornets...IF this happens..a great coach (scott) vince..rose...davis!! three super stars!! theyr gonna have some major backcourt problems..but still..theyr gonna score over 95 each game!

Report: Raptors offer Vince, Rose to Hornets

Vince Carter has yet to comment on the numerous trade talks surrounding his future, maybe now will be the time?

Sportsnet.ca - A trade involving Raptors' franchise Vince Carter and teammate Jalen Rose is lighting up the airwaves in New Orleans, according to WGNO, the cities' local sports radio.

According to the radio report, Toronto has offered Carter and Rose in exchange for P.J. Brown and Canadian Jamaal Magloire. The deal reportedly will include an undisclosed amount of cash. It is no secret in Toronto that Vince Carter is unhappy with his exclusion from the Raptors' off-season revamping of its front office and coaching staff.

Also: MoPete returning to Raps

Carter has yet to comment on the ordeal, but on several occasions has voiced his discontent with executive Richard Peddie. Carter's closest friends have revealed the star wouldn't return to the Raptors unless Richard Peddie, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., consultant Jack McCloskey, and director of player personnel Jim Kelley, were all fired.

"In due time. I'm definitely going to fill everybody in when it's time," said Carter, who will host his annual charity all-star game July 30th at the Air Canada Centre. "I have nothing to say right now, but I promise in due time."

Magloire, a 6'11 centre, is a native of the city, and has hinted in the past about his desire to play in front of his friends and family. Last season with the Hornets, Magloire averaged 13.7 PPG, while posting 10.3 RPG. Brown, a 6'11 forward, led the team in FG percentage while averaging 10.3 PPG.

In Jalen Rose, the Hornets would get a skilled guard while adding the marquee player needed to play alongside Baron Davis.

Source Linkish

The Hornets would be stupid if they DONT take this deal. Rose can be great again if he isn't in Toronto and I bet Carter will floursih and try to be better in a new place. I can barely even recognize the other guys in the trade, I hope this gets done.

hehe..ok..i think i came off wrong..i AM A RAPTORS FAN!

i dont want this deal to happen..cuz it sounds stupid!!! and AXIS...jamal is an all star (toronto native) hes a fighter..strong player.

anyways..if this happens..then ill move away from toronto..cuz raptors are my only home town team! hate the leafs and the jays..so i guess i be moving outta toronto!!

Raptors are gettin a good deal on this. Rose is aging and Carter is a problem and injury liability, chronic problems. PJ Browns past his time and prime but still a leader and energetic and Magloire is on his way up and will be premiere for the next 5 yrs. Raptors need to make this deal if they want some fire and intensity on their team.

Raptors are gettin a good deal on this. Rose is aging and Carter is a problem and injury liability, chronic problems. PJ Browns past his time and prime but still a leader and energetic and Magloire is on his way up and will be premiere for the next 5 yrs. Raptors need to make this deal if they want some fire and intensity on their team.

you see..i kinda agree with you..but wat you need to know is..vince is our number one weapon..and then its rose...we dont have that many scorers..and besdies..you live in NY...toronto...is in canada..a hockey country...vince is the main reaosn guys like me buy tickets and watch every single game of the season and pre season..and summer camp!!!!!!!!!

jamal is great...i would luv to have him on our team..hes amazing...strong..and doesnt back off from any challange..and hes improving his offensive skills as well..but for the cost of wat? VC and rose?

pj brown..was good..like 4,5 years ago..he was NEVEr amazing...and as for rose aging? he is one amazing player..honestly i think hes underrated..i have followed his carear..and hes just crazy..he played the whole season with two broken bones in his left hand (shooting hand) but he never told any1..until he could barley move it..and he came back from that injury after i think like 3 weeks! and still manages somethin like 16 points a game. if we are going to trade vince..WE NEED rose...rose can play PG..and hes the biggest and most tallented pg in the NBA...(cuz hes mainly a gaurd)

so when u think about it..he can shoot over kidd...nash...parker...fisher...hamilton...billups...all of them..cuz of his size and his skillz...if they get rid of vince..for NO super stars...no1 is going to watch the games!

i will still go...but cuz im a hardcore fan!

chris bosh is amazing..and D marshal is great..i think we do have a great team..and with a healthy vince..we can kick some ass in the east

didnt the owner of the raptors say that he WOULD NOT be traded?

no..the owner said we DONT want to..and the GM said..we dont wanna..but if we do..we will only make a deal that makes our club BETTER...this deal..doesnt do that.

If this deal goes though :angry: This wouldn't be good for them in the long run as they would be losing 2 young player who are still are developing *Not so much Carter*. Beside, they need Carter there anyway for selling tickets. Most people only come to see him. So trade him and see ticket sales fall :ninja:

Carter already sold the city on basketball. You need stars like that to sell the sport. Why do you think Gretzky went to LA, because Edmonton got a good deal? No, because hockey needed him to be there. He is responsible atleast 4 franchises in the west. Carter was never the best, but he could 'light the lamp' and spark an interest. He made basketball understandable in Toronto, time to move on. Fans will always be fans, Toronto might lose a few ticket sales, but not much.

MetaLRasaM said he doesn't like the deal, but will still support the team. That is what being a fan is, getting upset at this and that, but still being loyal. They can sign more players now with those salaries gone, the Raptos will be fine.

MetaLRasaM said he doesn't like the deal, but will still support the team. That is what being a fan is, getting upset at this and that, but still being loyal. They can sign more players now with those salaries gone, the Raptos will be fine.

:)

Don't worry, MetaL. We traded you guys Vince for Antawn Jamison and we don't have him anymore either. At least you've had Vince this long...AND made the playoffs. PLUS, you will be getting an All-Star in Jamaal Magloire. We got...Nick Van Exel...whom we don't have anymore either. Coincidence?

Nobody...NOBODY...(except Clippers fans) can bytch about their player decisions more than Warriors fans.