Ave(Aero)Shell Update

AeroShellBeta1Preview.jpg

Click for big

Coming along very nicely. Will feature Aero and Mono as the 2 included themes. I might include the original AeroFlat if enough people want it. Anyway, couple of things to tweak out (2 clocks, weather, etc are still up in the air) and we'll be ready for the public beta, hopefully around New Years'.

Comments are appreciated. Oh -- and jemaho is the MAN with the DWM tribute themes.

Can I ask how you are doing the transparency...is it a 3rd program such as y'z shadow or windows fx?

Great looking VS so far  :yes:

585170656[/snapback]

Actually, it isn't a VS at all. It is a complete system shell replacement using Avedesk and several other programs. See this thread for more information on it.

Sweet I am in.

I Think its time Windows GUI's move away from the customizing the Default Shell and created whole new shells. (something like Linux, KDE, Gnome, Windowmaker, etc.)

Like I said, just a couple little nags to work out before the public beta. The REAL treat is when AveDesk 1.2 and SysStats 2.5 gets added down the road. You guys will not BELIEVE some of the things that those two new releases will add to the shell. Alas, it won't ship with the beta, and perhaps not even with the first couple of releases (since their development will NOT be rushed -- nor would I want it rushed), but instead everything will be finely tuned and ready for them. Hopefully we can get the beta out the door first thing 2k5.

More to come, so stay tuned. :)

Sweet I am in.

I Think its time Windows GUI's move away from the customizing the Default Shell and created whole new shells. (something like Linux, KDE,  Gnome, Windowmaker,  etc.)

585174648[/snapback]

It's been possible to do that for years, Windows Explorer can be replaced with just about any executable. Unfortunately, it's not really as straightforward as applying a Visual Style, you actually have to do some manual editing of config files in most cases, or there is something lacking in functionality compared to Explorer, so people generally don't bother.

http://shell-shocked.org/

http://www.shellfront.org/