DustBuster 2.8.1

DustBuster is a garbage file removing utility for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It searches for junk files and temp files that are of no use and are just taking space on your hard drive. Based on a "common sense" scanning technology, DustBuster now cleans over 1500 different types of useless temp files and directories in a single click, detecting and deleting all these unneeded files automatically. This will increase hard disk space on Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003.

en_scn.gif

The integrated SensibleScan? b>search engine does not interfere with system files or installed applications: it gives you the freedom to clean up disk space simply and securely in no time, enhancing your system's performance, so you can focus on what's really important to you.

DustBuster analyzes in full automatic mode the content of your hard drive and finds and deletes a wide range of files while safeguarding the integrity of the operating system and the installed applicationsNo configuration is requiredb> as DustBuster is developed for reducing the interaction with the user.A few applications are not compatibleb> with the full automatic cleaning performed by DustBuster. There are known issues with: Paint Shop Pro 7.x, Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, Alpha CG, AOL 5.0, Microsoft AutoRoute 2002, PerfectDisk, DriveImage 7. Please make sure you are not using any of these programs. Feel free to write us to report further incompatible programs.

DustBuster should not be installed on critical systems: authors accept no responsibility for damages caused as results of use of this software.

The SensibleScan? technology is under development and must be considered experimental. We strongly recommend to perform a complete backup of the hard drive if you are trying automatic cleaning for the first timSystem Requirements:

- Windows 98 Second Edition or higher operating system

- Pentium class system

- At least 32 MB of RAM

- At least 10 MB of free disk sp

Download DustBuster 2.8.1 for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/2003

Download

More Info[/b]

Different versions ( italian )[/b]

@ on the first scan this tiny app cleaned my pc of 500 mb :rofl:ofl: Its not for control freaks , if you want more control get Crap Cleaner or Window Washer .

I've used this before several times. Never had any problems after using it, and the first time I ran it, it nuked an incredible 500+ mb off my system. Wonder what it deleted though...

I've used this before several times. Never had any problems after using it, and the first time I ran it, it nuked an incredible 500+ mb off my system. Wonder what it deleted though...

585350607[/snapback]

Teh pr0n :p

Thanks for the news buddy :)

THANKS! its running right now... ill post results when i get them!

it cleaned 700MB off my PC :D awesome

Isn't this the usual stuff like empty browser history, delete cookies, and delete temp files? You should do that every once in a while anyway.

I'm going to try it now and see if it does clear much space for me.

What is the profile?

The stuff in Documents and Settings?

Feels rather unsafe. :(

I wonder if anyone ended up needing to reinstall after using it?

Don't think I'll be using it until I know what it deletes.

Reminds me of Bold_Fortune's shrinking WINDOWS folder stuff.

Edited by iron2000

It's "secret" is that it cleans your drivers and inf folders in Windows directory (Windows installation files which were copied during install) which explains "the amaizing numbers" of the first run. When you run it afterwards it will clean up just as much as CC or any similar utility because it then cleans the usual temp files. I used this tool on my old computer to create space. It's good if you are limited with space.

Edit:

Reminds me of Bold_Fortune's shrinking WINDOWS folder stuff.

It does that, in a way. I don't like how it's done. You cannot control what to delete and what not, it just does it's stuff and then you are wondering what was deleted. Not the way to go.