Name Your Favority Dashboard Widget

I like the Calculator widget. Simply because before you had to keep an icon in the dock or search around in the Applications folder to load it. Now its right there in the background :)

There are so little 3rd party widgets available at the time that are really great, if you ask me.

From all the pre-installed widgets that come with Mac OS X 10.4 I like the Weather the most. The weather state icons are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. :)

post-91325-1118603138.png

(Off topic)

TiVo is only 12.95 per month. You can get a refurbed 40hour Series 2 unit for free if you pay for a year ahead of time.

(On Topic) SysStat and the Weather widget are my favorites.

Edited by mercuryx013

I found this Gmail one ages ago and havent been able to find it since or have seen anyone using it

Its pretty handy in that it allows people to actually see and read the beginning of emails directly off their dashboard...it is quite large...so usually i just drag it to the dashboard, check my emails, and hide it

Heres a pic and if you want the file, just pm me and ill send it over

gmailwidget4oy.png

Fine...Tivo would be useless for me since i only have literally 45 channels

i wish i had real tv...not peasant vision

586056087[/snapback]

only 45 channels? oh you poor, poor deprived child. :rolleyes:

It's listed on DashboardWidgets.com, and even on Apple's Widget page too, I think.

edit: Yep, just checked, here is the link for it GMail Widget

586058839[/snapback]

Oh my apologies...its simply that when i came to look for it i could never find it again so i assumed it had been taken down or something to that extent..didnt know there was access to it still or that it had been taken down

Might as well call this the 'show us your weather widget'

:)

post-35346-1118721178.png

I think this would be cool... a torrent downloader. Mind you it's just a PS mock-up. I can't build widgets! :p

586060611[/snapback]

That would be rather cool. Would you mind sending me the original images for that (assuming you did them), I might look at possibly building a working model.

Here's my current favorite, it's an Airport signal monitor/stumbler from the DashboardWidgets.com site:

Found myself a new favourite Widget because the Weather Widget doesn't recognize "Amsterdam, Netherlands" anymore. :crazy:

586063036[/snapback]

It would be helpful if you told us what the name of this widget was and where you got it.

:laugh: