New IE 7 Icon and Logo

ie7_xp_h2_rgb.jpg

Hopefully, by now you?ve seen from our posts that there are a lot of new features and work going into IE 7. As part of this update, we?re refreshing our icon and logotype. We considered more radical departures from our current logo, but blue ?e? with the ring is very recognizable and familiar to users, so we elected instead to make more subtle changes.

As you can see, the new ?e? has more modern look, and the edges are a bit darker so the icon stands out better against different backgrounds. We liked the gold ring too since it brings in new energy and helps the icon pop a bit more than the old one.

This icon and text treatment will be used on the versions of IE 7 for Windows XPSP2, Server 2003 SP1, and x64 versions. We?ll have a slightly different look for the Windows Vista? version, one that?s more consistent with the icons there. We?re not quite ready with that one yet, but we?ll share it here once we do.

We?re happy with how this turned out; I hope you like the new look too.

Thanks,

:Dny:Dho:D/quote]

:D :D :D

And a point for discussion... NotiMicrosoftge from MicrosoftWindowsplorer to Windows Internet Explorer. (This has happened since IE 7.0 Beta 1, when it was still Microsoft Internet Explorer)

Why have Microsoft chosen to do this? To reflect the fact that Internet Explorer is no longer developed or supported on the Mac?

Source: IEBlogs

Edited by N1CK

Yeah I like that one better than the one in the Beta 1 also. I assume the only place to see it is about window?

Its no longer the blue e, its the e with the yellow swoooooooooosh.

Looks nice though, best ie icon by far still is the Mac IE 5 icon.

586368848[/snapback]

Show me the Mac IE5 icon.

This new IE7 icon is nice. more modernised and they have not updated their About Window. still the same old logo from the older version of IE.

How can I change the IE icon to this? And what format should I save the icon as, I've done some photoshopping (5 seconds of it :) )

the link in the post switches to a lot of whitespace if you have it displayed in a small window. for a moment i thought the link was broke. if you want to see what im talking about take your IE out of maximize and drag a corner till the text disappears.

How can I change the IE icon to this? And what format should I save the icon as, I've done some photoshopping (5 seconds of it :) )

586368874[/snapback]

ICO :whistle:

And it is going to be difficult to get it to look good as the JPG has no alpha channel...

It's gorgeous. simeandrews, you have to remove the white background, save as 48x48,32x32,16x16 pngs, plus any other size you want, and use a program like Microangelo Studio (what I use) to import the pngs, and save as ico... then use your perferred method of icon replacement.

Looks very nice. The current glassy one they have in beta1 is nice but doesn't come off as classy or professional.

586368842[/snapback]

Nor does it fit in with anything else in Windows... but then again, Microsoft is still using 16-bit icons for the Administrative Tools, so I guess that doesn't really matter.

At any rate, I like this new one much better! :yes:

It's gorgeous. simeandrews, you have to remove the white background, save as 48x48,32x32,16x16 pngs, plus any other size you want, and use a program like Microangelo Studio (what I use) to import the pngs, and save as ico... then use your perferred method of icon replacement.

586368886[/snapback]

I have no preferred method of icon replacement, can someone give me one.

Thanks, BTW. I'll package the icons when they're done if anyones interested.

FF blows... :)

Anyways, here's IExplore.exe, shdoclc.dll, and the IE7.ico for anyone who wants it. Made from SP2 with all Hotfixes installed. If it causes problems, extract changed resources and put them in your version of files.