BF2 1.03 Details Leaked

BF2 patch 1.03

Alpha - 2 Sept

? Beta - 19 Sept

? Final - 23 Sept

? CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept

? Release - 3 Oct

Wake Island? In a surprise move, forces of the People's Liberation Army have attacked and captured Wake Island in a bid to threaten US lines of supply. USMC forces have been short-stopped from their deployment in Manchuria to respond to this new threat. The airbase on Wake Island is the lynchpin of the Chinese air threat, however it is highly susceptible to ground attack from either the northern

Compare Feature? By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats. You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

Favorites/History? There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.

BF2 Account Tag ? You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

Server Reserved Slots? Server admins can define a list of player BF2 account names which will reserve VIP slots on the server.

Engineer/Helicopter? Modified the rate at which engineer can repair a helicopter while sitting in the helicopter. It now takes longer for the engineer to repair the helicopter.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture? Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Vehicle/Soldier interaction? Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles. Bring on the wing-walkers!

Auto Balance? Auto team balance no longer moves the commander or squad leaders to the other team.

Point Farming? Limits placed on ability to point farm.

Rank/Awards? Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

Supply Drop? The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-map icon in the world. the world.

I think it will be nice. Me getting 350 points flag hopping needs to stop :( Either way. The bug fices aren't even listed, I hope they optimize it more for slower computers. Can't wait!

I think they need to increase points for medics too. Nothing worse than going under heavy fire to revive someone to either die trying or they respawn. Maybe an extra point for revivals and health packs :)

changes sound good

Vehicle/Soldier interaction? Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles.

really need to be fixed

Yeah, I hate when I'm trying to repair a vehicle and the slightest bump kills me, or I am medic in a vehicle and engineers come to fix me up and I accidently kill them with the slightest of bugs and they punish me.

grr, I hate noobs that punish for them being a dumbass

586499182[/snapback]

same here! This dude jumped out in front of me, while looking at me, and punished me!! Noob!!

BF2 Account Tag ? You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

this is cool...bring on the clan tags!

this is cool...bring on the clan tags!

Yeah, I have a feeling the clan players will have much less reason to pad now.

Whats the source on these changed by the way? They sound great but depending on the source it may not be good info.

I think it will be nice.  Me getting 350 points flag hopping needs to stop  :(  Either way.  The bug fices aren't even listed, I hope they optimize it more for slower computers.  Can't wait!

586498856[/snapback]

oh yea.. cuz you are forced to flag hop?.... anyway... you have a source for this info?

So do the people at this site know what they are talking about? Never read anything about BF2, I just play it from time to time. I'm asking because the Wake Island thing seems really fake.. Love to be proven wrong though.

Ahhh, favorites/history for servers. Finally.

And I think DICE/EA have the right idea about the tagnames. With all of the bitching going on, they found a way to include it without compromising the banned accounts. Very cool.

What were the supposed TK fixes?

You know, where your in a Chopper or APC and you got a full boat with you, but you take a hit from another vehicle and explode and die, and you wind up killing everyone in the APC/Chopper with you and get like -12 point TK damage etc.

Or the "but he was red!" even though he's on your team and blue bug. Etc etc.

This is also posted on Battlefield2.nl with some more details, it also says the following about teamkills

Teamkills worden op een nieuwe manier geregistreerd en afgehandeld. Zo wordt het onmogelijk om teamkills te krijgen voor bijvoorbeeld het neerhalen van de Black Hawk helicopter die dan prompt op een groep teammates neerstort.

Translation:

Teamkills will be recored in a new way. For instance, you will no longer get teamkills if you take down a blackhawk and it crashes on your teammates.

You know, with logitech having that new gaming keyboard with the lcd comming out real soon, I'm surprised Battlefield 2 isn't jumping on the oppurtunity to be the first game to use the LCD. Especially with this new patch release comming out around the same time.

The change in the gaining rank thing might be bad or good, hard to say, thats pretty broad and all.

Also do we WANT Wing Walkers??? Sounds like a retarded idea to me.

Oct 3rd ISN'T summer as they promised, ah well EA sucks whats new.

New map should be interesting.

I'd like to see a tank with guys sitting on top to get around quickly, its done in conventional wars so why not in BF2? Maybe a feature for the MEC APCs only in keeping with the unprofessionalism :p

Good list of changes so far. Thank god for Blackhawk flag jumping fix finally. Its pretty funny when I'm on US team and I'll admit yea I get in one when I can, but, when I'm not on the US team, soooooo unfair.

blackhawks are great big point targets, if u can take one of those bad larry's down you usually will get +12 points for killing all 6 of those yuppies. plenty of times where i shoot at them with my upgraded medic gun as its smoking and it blows up giving me the kills :)

I think they need to increase points for medics too. Nothing worse than going under heavy fire to revive someone to either die trying or they respawn. Maybe an extra point for revivals and health packs :)

586498864[/snapback]

ARGH! You're one of them!

I apologize to all medic here, but I hate medics. Everytime I don't want to live, in the middle of heavy fire, you guys revive me, but when I need to live again, you are never there! Sometimes there are too many medics, sometimes just to get huge points and do nothing to help. One time my buddy got killed six times because a medic kept reviving him, in the middle of heavy fire.

The one thing I wanted changed is increased bonuses for actually killing the enemy and less points for healing, making the game more focused on killing the enemy instead of reviving your buddies, who don't have enough help because medics are too busy being oppurtunistic point-######.