Windows Live Messenger 8 VS 7.5

An UGLY GUI

586778137[/snapback]

I like it a lot more than 7.5. You can change the colors, you know.

Of course, it's not final. Expect the UI to change before 8.0 is finished.

the GUI in 8.0 is different, personally I say "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it". My favorite MSN is 6.2 VERY low resources and does everything I need. 7.5 is just ovrkill with all the little animations & stuff only good feature I like is the video confrencing. 8.0 doesn't appeal to me at all, especially changing the name to "Live". You can message offline, change the colors in some of the UI. The "Send" & "Search" buttons within the conversation windows are HUGE and seperate from the text area.

I'm pretty sure Offline Messaging was included in 7/7.5 as well (plus you were able to send a sms message using the phone number provided by your contact in earlier versions - or at least you were supposed to be able to; I never tried it personally)

I'm pretty sure Offline Messaging was included in 7/7.5 as well (plus you were able to send a sms message using the phone number provided by your contact in earlier versions - or at least you were supposed to be able to; I never tried it personally)

586778277[/snapback]

nop.. :no:

Since when is a GUI a feature? :s Some people like the new more instead of the old one. They've changed it, so what? It's the possibilities of the program that counts, not only the GUI.

Since when is a GUI a feature? :s Some people like the new more instead of the old one. They've changed it, so what? It's the possibilities of the program that counts, not only the GUI.

586779430[/snapback]

Dont forget accessibility.. which is directly linked with the GUI

Main Features of WLM v8:

? Change of Messenger Skins

? Real-time Emotions

? Messenger Built Internal Windows Media Player 10

? Pause/Resumed File Transfers (File Blocked Extension Applied)

? Detailed File Transfer (Download/Upload Speed)

? Animated Display Pictures (.gif .jpg .png (File Support under Consideration))

? Mood Status

? Faster Contact List Loading and scrolling

? Public Profile and MSN Spaces Combined

? More MSN Space features

? New Hotmail and MSN Messenger Integration

? Downloadable MSN Messenger on Mobile

? News Updates according to Location

? Top 10 MSN Music Radio

? New Stylish Notifier Pop-up

? Downloadable Skins for MSN (Contact Window & Conversation Window)

? Complete Integration with Windows XP? & Windows Vista? Codename: Longhorn?

? Offline Voice/Message Machine

? Animated Buddy Icon Helper

? Display Picture Ratings

Found it here

Hmm. ... Windows Live Messenger is good .. Infact I liked it more than 7.5 .. The resource usage is a bit high and the shared folder is a crap thing .. Offline Message support is good .. You can read my review here ...

Right now, live messenger 8 is ugly. It will get alot better through out the year. I mean look at vista, it is pure eye candy, and im sure this will be to, when it is finished. This will be integrated very tightly with the windows live products, and I think in the end, this will be a great product. Just have to wait and see!

The current 7.5 GUI with A-Patch is perfectly fine, if MSN wants to do anything, they can make MSN a bit more slimmer on resources and fix it up, but other than that, I love it! :)

Edit: I did use Windows Live Messenger, for a total of 10 minutes, before I began to hate it, it might suit Vista, but it was definatly to chunky in my opinion. :whistle:

I won't be satisfied till i can have my animated display picture, i hate blue mountain's selections. i want a bunny, a bunny that will love me forever! (like the one that appeared on billy and mandy that tried to hunt down puddin)

why won't they let us use animated gifs???

I downloaded the Beta to see what it was like... uninstalled it within a few minutes. GUI is ugly, filled with ads and no real important new features. I hope they work most of the problems out before releasing the final public version.