Is there any Song Recognition softwares out there?

Question

Title basically says it all. Just wondering if there's any programs out there which for example you play a song in it & based on the audio it maybe connects to a website database or what not & yeah tries to match the song with one already in the database?

Anything along these lines around?

19 answers to this question

I used to use musicbrainz, but I didn't like the way they proposed tags, so I stopped. It's ok if you want to find the name of a song, I guess...

Or you could just search for the lyrics on google, that usually works

if you're in the UK you can use your phone to call 2580 and play the song down the phone for a while then it'll hang up and send you a text message what the song is. its tagged every song i've played 100% every time ;)

Tried searching for the lyrics for a few particular songs on google & have found nothing.

Song tapper didn't have the song

musicbrainz won't really work considering I have no details at all on this song. Just the file itself.

if you're in the UK you can use your phone to call 2580 and play the song down the phone for a while then it'll hang up and send you a text message what the song is. its tagged every song i've played 100% every time ;)

isnt that for O2 users inly or something though? or at an increased rate...

musicbrainz won't really work considering I have no details at all on this song. Just the file itself.

I always find that when using google to find the names of a song you type some of the lyrics followed the the word lyrics. e.g.

"if there's anybody left in here who doesn't want to be out there lyrics" it will normall come up with a lyrics site pointing to kaiser chiefs - i predict a riot

hope it helps

simsie

I've really tried that man seriously. Every possible lyric i searched came up with nothing I dont know why.

Hey can I get a favour from one of you tunatic boys. Can you go here and load this short clip. This is the song I'm trying to name. Your tunatics connect to server so you might have some luck.

It's here: http://www.savvy.com/savvy_tv/?publisherID...7&clipID=134354

Thanks in advance~

sorry to bump this (dead?) thread but I was trying to find the name of a song. Bah, actually I was playing with something I found on youtube. My sister is planning to get a new phone so, with the new models you can identify a song with 5 seconds of playing. I said "great, now make it to work on PC". And I found a russian guy that fool for a time sony ericsson with his 'trick' (doesnt work anymore, seems like they identify a lil bit better where are you comming from). A free service (this is why we are going to the sony ericsson). In the other hand there is motorrola with the same service but seems like is payed, so thats a hands down. There is no way I pay for identify my song. No way.

Back to what I was playing I was trying Tunatic (free) and is great. There are some songs that cant recognize but its ok.

Dunno if there are some other but this one works great.

Hi guys

This is butch. I just want to ask if what kind of programming languages used to develop the tunatic software?Is this Java?Is this C,C++,C#?What Programming languages did they used to develop this software?

Thank you.

I never knew about that! :o