Apple Mighty Mouse Unofficial Driver for WINDOWS

There're 2 utilities - XMouse and AppleM Pro USB - can make Mighty Mouse fully funtional in Windows XP.

XMouse gives you the abilitiy to customize the function of MM side-button,

and AppleM Pro USB makes the scroll ball scroll vertically and HORIZONTALLY.

XMouse: http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

AppleM Pro USB: http://www.trinityworks.co.jp/software/AppleMProUSB/ (in Japanese)

People who are interested can visit them right now.

But since the AppleM Pro USB is in japanese,

it'll be difficult to most of us to read the website and the program.

So I attach a doc file includes the steps of setting 2 utilities up,

hope this doc can help you make your Mighjty Mouse functional smoothly.

I?ll post this tutorial on my Blog later, in case that the doc is missing.

My Blog: http://youngallent.space.live.com

Last of all, feel free to transfer this article to anywhere you like,

but remember to keep my name and my blog address, thanks in advance.

Happy 360-degree scrolling! biggrin.gif

AllenTang from TAIWAN, R.O.C.

MMET.zip

• 11 months later...

hey mate, thnxx for answers. i've followed all steps trying to run appleM, but failed. there's no icon in my tray and horizontal scroll also doesn't work....(((

I feel sorry for anyone who bought that mouse, even if they use Mac OS X exclusively.

Off topic really, but I agree... I'm not a fan of the mighty mouse, it's uncomfortably small, the scroll ball is a bit fiddly, and the right click "sensing" instead of proper separate buttons is a ridiculous bit of over-design.

Hopefully Apple will announce a redesigned mouse for the new iMac today.

Off topic really, but I agree... I'm not a fan of the mighty mouse, it's uncomfortably small, the scroll ball is a bit fiddly, and the right click "sensing" instead of proper separate buttons is a ridiculous bit of over-design.

Hopefully Apple will announce a redesigned mouse for the new iMac today.

I'm not agree with you. i've been using pc for 15 years and have seen a lot of mice. mighty one - is the best ever and ever)) imho

and it's really ergonomic and beautyyyyyyyful))))

• 1 month later...

Excuse me but in 1.3 version of appleM Pro operation you described doesn't work though I tried for many times. Please, describe new operation or send me the previous version of program on football1986@voliacable.com. Thanks a lot beforehand.

I'm not agree with you. i've been using pc for 15 years and have seen a lot of mice. mighty one - is the best ever and ever)) imho

and it's really ergonomic and beautyyyyyyyful))))

a flat-rounded rectangle is ergonomic? rofl. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

The leaked Apple Magic Mouse driver works 32bit and 64bit for Windows 7 with vertical scrolling (confirmed).

If you go into a open file window (lets say through Paint or Word) and if the scroll bars horizontal are on because you need to scroll across to see the details (in details view mode) the horizontal scroll also works!

Is it possible someone with the knowledge can just rip open the driver and remake it? Copying the code that lets you horizontal scroll in open file dialogue windows and apply it to a global scroll bar setting?

Thanks.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought that mouse, even if they use Mac OS X exclusively.

That's where Logitech's Bluetooth mouse range comes to the rescue.

• 7 years later...
  • dipsylalapo locked this topic