New Windows Live Mail milestone released

So, i signed into Windows Live Mail, and ZOMG!

post-121608-1160080463_thumb.jpg

It required a cache clear to get working properly, but it looks very sexual! :D

EDIT: Shot of the Today

newwlmtodayts5.th.jpg

Yeah I noticed that a while ago. Its..okay, it just reminds me of Live Spaces.

I wish Microsoft would let US USERS decide which version we want to keep instead of changing the looks every 3-4 months with no turning back.

I remember when I first signed up to use Spaces this time last year - the appearance has gone through a major visual overhaul at least twice that I can recall during the past 12 months. Not cool.

nothings changed here. and on your screenshots its weird, it still says WLMail is in beta, and it isnt supposed to be anymore if the last milestone has released.

I like it a lot. Overall, it loads everything much faster, and now fits in with the rest of WL Services style.

-Spenser

Mine is SLOW. In both FireFox and IE.

In fact, it's terrible in FireFox here.

bay104 is not updated. and one thing, before this current milestone there use to be no loading screen, which was much faster. i hate the loading, it takes a long while, i hope theres improvement on that

The loading screen is basically for people who log on from different places with different connection speeds. When they log on from a place with a dial up connection, they have the option of viewing the basic mail rather than the advanced one, so it allows it to load faster for them.

People would argue, why not turn the basic windows live mail on by default, instead of having a loading screen, but some people want access to both with default on to advanced.

This is my current view of what milestone 7 looks like, but i'll give them til tomorrow to see if its change

currentviewml5.th.png

and heres milestone 7 of the light version currently forced to use this one

lightversionye6.th.png

Mine is SLOW. In both FireFox and IE.

In fact, it's terrible in FireFox here.

Just tried FF...and wow...for me it's so much faster than the previous build. I like this a lot. Too bad it's not the same for you.

-Spenser

I like the idea of loading screen, since WLM is unusable on slow connections (while GMail hasn't problems). But they have improved it a lot, now is quite good, even if I didn't find it really fast... and there's always that big banner on top :(

I think its a great visual upgrade,1 thing that bothers me is that there are still no checkboxes and they were promised :(

here are some screenshots

post-25854-1160084787_thumb.jpg

post-25854-1160084816_thumb.jpg

more:

post-25854-1160084970_thumb.jpg

post-25854-1160084996_thumb.jpg