My new laptop question(s),...

Hello folks, nice to meet you.

After you take a look at the picture, please feel free to answer my questions,...

pippin666mobilemc6.jpg

1) Is the 256MB of the video card shared memroy with the 1GB DDR2 ??

2) Is the video card better than a Radeon 9800XT ??

3) I tryed to answer this one myself by looking at DELL's website with no luck, but WHAT is the external tv-tuner that comes with it ??

4) I think not, but is the Windows MCE 64Bits?

That is all.

Pip'

Edited by Pippin666

Pretty expensive :p I got the one in my sig with the same price.

1) Is the 256MB of the video card shared memroy with the 1GB DDR2 ??

Yes

2) Is the video card better than a Radeon 9800XT ??

No, it's integrated graphics.

3) I tryed to answer this one myself by looking at DELL's website with no luck, but is the external tv-tuner that comes with it ??

Nope

4) I think not, but is the Windows MCE 64Bits?

Nope

Don't bother with it. It's expensive and slow. You can get a much faster system on Intel chips for that price (or lower).

The Ati motherboard that comes with it has a X300 GPU intergrated into it - two generations behind, low end graphics. Here are the specs.

1. Yes

2. Hell no!

3. Not sure what ur asking, but from that it looks like there is an external USB TV tuner that comes with it. Was that your question?

4. No. MCE only comes in 32bit. You dont want to venture down the 64bit XP path.

Sorry, I forgot a word in my question numner 3. You can read it again now.

4) So I will not be able to run games like Doom3 or Quake4?

5) Why don't I want to venture in WinXP64?

Pip'

Edited by Pippin666

Sorry, I forgot a word in my question numner 3. You can read it again now.

So I will not be able to run games like Doom 3 or Quake4?

Pip'

It will run them @ 640x480, minimal quality, 10FPS. But that's not what you would want, right.

hes right... it wont run games good at all... look into something with an NVIDIA Go series video adapter for that.

WinXP 64 bit is crap. No drivers and poor support for it. It offers only compatability headaches, for no real gain in performance, unless your folding for a cure to cancer, which I doubt you want to perform on a Turion chip.

I was asking about D3 and Q4 for my brother.

I won't be into gaming for a couple of time now. I have a desktop PC wich the PSU broke down few days ago and it drove me crazy. I realised that I was too much into my computer and social life and my job quality downgraded a lot. So I decide to get a minimal laptop for web browsing, chat, text document end emulation here and there.

Biggest game that will be running on will probably MegamanX1 to MegamaX6 that I bought. All PC version. I sure do hope that laptop will alteast be able to handle the 2D from MMX1 to MMX6. If not, I'll go with my PS1 CDs.

Pip'