Microsoft Windows Centro

Question

6b748fe2-2d56-4f97-8e6c-c272fb52ff05.jpg

REMOVED ALL SCREENS AND TEXT because:

This Beta is by invite only and is a Confidential Beta. You are not allowed to talk about or distribute any documentation, screen shots, or code to anyone outside of the Windows Server "Centro" Beta Newsgroup and the Feedback section on this site. We will be making the first build of the Windows Server "Centro" Beta available in the next day or so. Stay Tuned!!!"

centrogi8.jpg

Here to see the screen

Edited by portos

See this?

"This Beta is by invite only and is a Confidential Beta. You are not allowed to talk about or distribute any documentation, screen shots, or code to anyone outside of the Windows Server "Centro" Beta Newsgroup and the Feedback section on this site. We will be making the first build of the Windows Server "Centro" Beta available in the next day or so. Stay Tuned!!!"

OK... Is it what Windows Longhorn Sever is called now?

No, this is not the name of Lonrhorn Server.

This something different, but I can't discuss it because I actually follow the NDA

^^ He's not wrong. :ninja:

All I will say is, it's only going to be 64 bit.

The screenshot is real, the name is real, but no one outside of Microsoft has a build of this yet. We haven't been given a build just yet (testers).

^^ What is your point? They are different things. Longhorn Server has been on connect for a long time. :blink: A screenshot of the connect page for Centro is nothing special either :rolleyes:

<rant>I'm not in the beta, so I'm not breaking any NDAs. I can't, for the life of me, understand why everyone cries when someone posts something that's covered by a NDA. Unless you work for freaking Microsoft why do you give a damn? :blink: And if you do work for Microsoft, contact staff to discuss removal of the questionable material.</rant>

As for what Centro is: it is the code-name for a new medium-size business product, suitable for companies with 25-500 PCs, also incorporating Exchange as part of the product. For my sources, http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/feature...astructure.mspx :rolleyes: Oh my, I can't talk about something Microsoft has had a press release about :o