UFC 67 : Pierre Withdraws

UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre has been forced to withdraw from February 3rd?s UFC 67 card due to a knee injury suffered during training for his first title defense against Matt Serra. The rest of the card, which includes the UFC Middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Travis Lutter, as well as the UFC debuts of Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson and Mirko ?CroCop? Filipovic, remains intact. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more information as it becomes available.UFC[/url]

:crazy:

Dammit, that sucks so much. It was an awesome line up too.

They better top this with another amazing fight.

I just want to see CroCop...lol...but Rampage might be cool to see as well :D

I just want to see CroCop...lol...but Rampage might be cool to see as well :D

Oh yeah, Cro Cop is what im most looking forward to. Rampage is an animal too though, hes got the meanest slams ive ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...
Thomas Gerbasi, UFC - Despite two tries at the scale, TUF 4 winner Travis Lutter will not be challenging for Anderson Silva's UFC Middleweight Championship Saturday night after coming in at a final weight of 186.5 pounds, a pound and a half over the 185-pound middleweight limit. Lutter's first attempt at making weight was 187 pounds, and after two hours he was only able to lose a half-pound. Tomorrow's UFC 67: All or Nothing main event will now be a three round non-title match, with Lutter being fined 10% of his purse by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (5% going to Silva, 5% to the NSAC)

Damn :(

Man, no title matches at all?

Nope...stupid Lutter...tho they will still fight it could be a good chance for Travis to prove himself at that weight to maybe earn a rematch after for the title :)

They should replace the fighter with another if he can't make weight for a title match IMO. I mean, the pressure is off the champ and it isn't fair to others in the division. If you are No.1 contender, at least make an effort to live up to it, otherwise you should lose the chance.

Great match, I saw it on pay per view last night at a mates place. Who was it that got knocked out in 19seconds? I can't remember all of the match cause I was too drunk. Rampage was a beast though :o

Main events were a total wash, undercards were better. Not really worth the money unless you like paying for hype. Heres hoping Couture loses to Sylvia so I can see him get dismantled by Cro Cop. That guy is spooky on.

When I had satellite I loved watching Cro-Cop and Jackson on Pride. Of course I have been out of that for about 2 years. But damn is it awesome watching Cro Cop fight.

I dont know wether to believe this or not, if its true its incredible.

The following is a new message posted by UFC announcer Joe Rogan on The Underground forum at MMA.tv:

"Anderson Silva had knee surgery on both knees just 11 weeks ago. That was why he was so easy to take down, and that was why he couldn't squeeze 100% when he had Lutter in the triangle. I ran into his manager after the show and he told me the whole deal. His knees were still very sore. Later that night I ran into Anderson in the hotel, and he was limping like he was just double knee barred.

Crazy ****. If Travis ever had a chance, last night was it. Great fight, either way."

All the more impressive.

I dont know wether to believe this or not, if its true its incredible.

Wow thats just amazing...would be cool if thats true :D

UFC fighter pay info has been released.. Jesus christ at the amount Cro Cop got paid, same with Rampage. The most i had seen before was $70,000 and that was Chuck Liddell. :|

-Anderson Silva ($71,00) def. Travis Lutter ($18,000)

-Mirko CroCop ($350,000) def. Eddie Sanchez ($30,000)

-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson ($170,000) def. Marvin Eastman ($30,000)

-Patrick Cote ($20,000) def. Scott Smith ($12,000)

-Roger Huerta ($12,000) def. John Halverson ($3,000)

-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida ($36,000) def. Sam Hoger ($7,000)

-Terry Martin ($8,000) def. Jorge Rivera ($12,000)

-Frank Edgar ($6,000) def. Tyson Griffin ($9,000)

-Dustin Hazelett ($6,000) def. Diego Saraiva ($3,000)

Total disclosed fighter pay out: $803,000