* This driver supports the following features:

o Single GPU support

+ DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

+ DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

+ OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

o NVIDIA SLI support

+ DirectX 9 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

+ OpenGL support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

* DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs and DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver

Changelog

Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 32-bit

•NVIDIA Control panel “Change Flat Panel Scaling” page does not work correctly.

•8800GTS: Quake4–performance drops and the game occasionally crashes when symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) is enabled.

•8800GTX, 7900: Dark Age of Camelot and Command and Conquer: Zero Hour – shadows are green.

•7800 GTX, GeForce 8 Series: When playing the game Prey at 1900x1200 with 4x antialiasing enabled, performance drops after saving the game.

•7300GT, 7600GS: Screen flicker occurs when clicking Change Flat panel scaling in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 64-bit

•8800GTS: Quake4–performance drops and the game occasionally crashes when symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) is enabled.

EDIT: Jugalator beats :D

Thanks (Y)

Change log:

Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 32-bit

• NVIDIA Control panel “Change Flat Panel Scaling” page does not work correctly.

• GeForce 8800 GTS: Quake4–performance drops and the game occasionally crashes when symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) is enabled.

• GeForce 8800 GTX, GeForce 7900: Dark Age of Camelot and Command and Conquer: Zero Hour–shadows are green.

• GeForce 7800 GTX, GeForce 8 Series: When playing the game Prey at 1900x1200 with 4x antialiasing enabled, performance drops after saving the game.

• GeForce 7300 GT, GeForce 7600GS: Screen flicker occurs when clicking ʺChange Flat panel scalingʺ in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 64-bit

• GeForce 8800 GTS: Quake4–performance drops and the game occasionally.

============

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/100....lease_Notes.pdf

silly question. I have a gforce fx5200. It is not listed as supported. does this mean I should toss that card sooner than later? It works fine with the vista drivers at the moment on the other hand.

Nothing for the 6600s then... damn.

Could be some undocumented changes though... :)

I find it funny the changelog didn't have for example "Added 8000GTS 320 MB support" like the release highlights.

But I expect most limitations are still in though... :( I checked that section ("Open Issues") in the PDF and that one still looks a bit sad...

silly question. I have a gforce fx5200. It is not listed as supported. does this mean I should toss that card sooner than later? It works fine with the vista drivers at the moment on the other hand.

I'd say wait until April/May, if NVIDIA doesn't support it by then then consider upgrading if you have problems with it.

NVIDIA's current top priority is 8 series, and some 7 and 6 series in their free time lol.

I'd say wait until April/May, if NVIDIA doesn't support it by then then consider upgrading if you have problems with it.

NVIDIA's current top priority is 8 series, and some 7 and 6 series in their free time lol.

thanks for the quick reply. I will do just that.

lol, will they call each new version a beta version?

Afraid to call it a release, because then they have to support it :)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.64.html <- that page isn't rendering for me. What's the direct link to the installer, please?

ok dont ask me why but:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.64.html won't render

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.64.html?a renders fine

These drivers are equally as disappointing as the previous releases. My NV Control panel doesn't even remember any of my settings upon restart. I have to go in and manually adjust all the gamma and brightness settings again. And still, no Digital Vibrance available to 8800 users. What is going on?

its remembering my settings, THESE ARE GREAT! just like what xp had. all my games play perfectly normal!

no windows aero doesn't want to work anymore...i'm ****ed the poop off. i can't say p i s s e d?

I fried my 6600GT the other day and had to throw in an old GeForce 4 ti4200 I still had. It's working great under Vista. I tried the included drivers and updated to the latest official release and everything is nice and smooth. Of course there's no Aero and the games I can play on this card are limited, but the ones I have tried run nicely.

I'm going to be upgrading my system when I get my tax return, hopefully they'll have this mess sorted out by then.