Warhammer Online Delayed until 2008

Just saw the latest newsletter,

"We have made the decision to move our ship date for the US and Europe to the first quarter of 2008. (Release dates for Asia will be announced at a later date.) Since our acquisition by EA, we have been afforded many wonderful development opportunities and we plan to take full advantage of everything that is available. This includes taking several additional months to make the best MMORPG possible."

My heart just broke :(

Also, why can't EA just sod off and DIE! They are not supposed to purchase every ****ing game developing company they can get their child molesting hands on. EA ruins games!

Edited by MichaelBL

Oh well. I got my newsletter yesterday and was sad to see this. But on the other hand, I'm glad they are going to be reviewing their work to date and trying to make it the best they can.

I've been a player of the table top game for many years (both Warhammer and 40K), so I am a huge fan. And if it takes a few more months for them to make this game the best it can be and make it as true and faithful to the world and backstory that GW have created, then it's worth it in my opinion. The last thing I would want is the game to turn out like every other MMO out there now.

Is this game going to be based on normal Warhammer or 40k? If it's the latter I think I would buy it :D If not I'll probably just wait for Aion to come out.

This game is based on the normal Warhammer. I'm a bigger fan of 40K, but I do enjoy Warhammer as well, so I'll definitely pick this one up. Of course, if Mythic decides to do a 40K MMO next (which would absolutely 0wn), I'd dump the Warhammer MMO in a heartbeat.

little harsh on EA arent you ? yes they may not have the best rep, but there money may help make this game better.

EA will throw money into the project, but any soul that the game could've had will probably be non-existant :I

I thought that was aiming for late 07 (aka Jan/Feb 08)

I'm pretty sure October 30th is the set release date. At least as far as all the press releases I get sent so far say. I know they announced the beta sign ups a couple of weeks ago or so, and October 30th was listed as the release date then.

I'm pretty sure October 30th is the set release date. At least as far as all the press releases I get sent so far say. I know they announced the beta sign ups a couple of weeks ago or so, and October 30th was listed as the release date then.

I'll take that date with a pinch of salt then. Was looking forward to playing something worthy of my money this year! :p