Got a new update for Windows live messenger 8.5 beta

also found it, running vista home premium...not installing yet, having a conversation on wlm :p

Hmmm....shouldn't they have pushed this via connect? heh update is avalible now for me :)

Indeed, Microsoft fail yet again.

ooo let me check my window update now :D

oh but wait! how about a-patch then? :D

I'm waiting for Ahmad to get online - no doubt he will have hundreds of emails about the new build.

A-Patch will come out in time :)

who gives a **** if its on connect or not. Its an update doesnt matter if its a plubic or not. :rolleyes:

I installed it, and I can't find any differences between it and the previous beta. Anyone find anything new/different yet?

did you even read that sceenshot? it said no actull changes are made. but its very important. meaning, it must be a background update ;)

plus, they had to make it plubic because they wanted to do a test for microsoft update to see how well it works, so they can give people the updates via this service...

Nothing on Mess.be

does it matter? :huh: I mean, you heard about it here, do you really need to go to another souce?

why not you go on and send this thing to them if it brothers you so much...

does it matter? :huh: I mean, you heard about it here, do you really need to go to another souce?

why not you go on and send this thing to them if it brothers you so much...

Yes it does because this could be fake. Mess.be is problably one if not the best information for Messenger although they are slow.

who gives a **** if its on connect or not. Its an update doesnt matter if its a plubic or not. :rolleyes:

did you even read that sceenshot? it said no actull changes are made. but its very important. meaning, it must be a background update ;)

I care. I signed up for a beta that so far doesn't even have a Downloads section. Why is the "beta" public and why are the beta testers not getting more builds is what I would love to know. Also, it will be "security" updates.
plus, they had to make it plubic because they wanted to do a test for microsoft update to see how well it works, so they can give people the updates via this service...
They didn't have to make it public. They probably are trying new things but refer to my comment above about beta testers not testing anything.
Nothing on Mess.be
Mess.be fail as has been proved multiple times before.
Yes it does because this could be fake. Mess.be is problably one if not the best information for Messenger although they are slow.

The information here is credible enough like anything mess.be post if not even more as mess.be have not done their immature EXCLUSIVE and HOT posts.

Numerous people have installed the build and there a screenshots from Microsoft Update. What more do you want? Oh yeah. mess.fail to post their immature post on their front page :/

how is it fake? as said above a number of people installed it and it works.

mess.be isn't the only Windows Live messenger souce out there you know.

I care. I signed up for a beta that so far doesn't even have a Downloads section. Why is the "beta" public and why are the beta testers not getting more builds is what I would love to know. Also, it will be "security" updates.

They didn't have to make it public. They probably are trying new things but refer to my comment above about beta testers not testing anything.

may be perhaps there are more WLM users then ms conect. idk.

Mess.be fail as has been proved multiple times before.

true :yes:

Nobody is being a smart arse. The information here is credible enough like anything mess.be post if not even more as mess.be have not done their immature EXCLUSIVE and HOT posts.

true, plus their site isn't what i would call, clean, and professtional. bunch of immature graphics on it i often wonder "am i on myspace?"

Stop being a smartass.

A fake from microsoft?

Stop being a smartass.

Yeah ... a fake from Windows update? I'm really sure that could happen. :rolleyes:

Apparently there are no actual differences between this and the older build. When you look at the details for the update, it says:

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta 1 Update 1

Installation date: ‎6/‎21/‎2007 8:09 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

This update is being used to test how Microsoft Updates are distributed for Windows Live Messenger. While there are no actual changes to Messenger at this time, it?s important for Messenger Beta testers to receive this update. Thanks for helping test Messenger!i>

Also today I got an update for the Windows Update software. Which could be related to the Windows Live OneCare perpetual beta though.