"Windows Client 7" appears in WSUS

I'm fairly sure that the new Windows Vista certified program requires that all drivers be compatable with Windows 7 as well in order to recieve the Vista certified mark. This will explain the addition of drivers into the Windows 7 Client section!

I'm fairly sure that the new Windows Vista certified program requires that all drivers be compatable with Windows 7 as well in order to recieve the Vista certified mark. This will explain the addition of drivers into the Windows 7 Client section!

Well since windows 7 is built upon the new driver model and WPF framwork that was built for windows vista i dont see there needing to be a huge change in how the driver will work , i mean sure they may have did already some enhacnments and small changes but nothing as big as going from Win32 / GDI++ API to WPF API

Well since windows 7 is built upon the new driver model and WPF framwork that was built for windows vista i dont see there needing to be a huge change in how the driver will work , i mean sure they may have did already some enhacnments and small changes but nothing as big as going from Win32 / GDI++ API to WPF API

huh?

huh?

sorry to confuse you what i was saying is that since windows 7 is intended to work with current vista drivers that their is likely to be hardly no change to the under the hood technologies that run windows vista and future versions so that you wont see 2 different drivers for the same hardware

sorry to confuse you what i was saying is that since windows 7 is intended to work with current vista drivers that their is likely to be hardly no change to the under the hood technologies that run windows vista and future versions so that you wont see 2 different drivers for the same hardware

And you know this *how*?

And you know this *how*?

yes Microsoft spent 7 years developing new graphics and audio and network frameworks just to Toss them all out for windows 7.

Windows 7 is being built on top of all this so it comes natural that windows vista drivers will work just fine with windows 7 it just may bea case that ther may be minor changes to how they work on the windows side

yes Microsoft spent 7 years developing new graphics and audio and network frameworks just to Toss them all out for windows 7.

Windows 7 is being built on top of all this so it comes natural that windows vista drivers will work just fine with windows 7 it just may bea case that ther may be minor changes to how they work on the windows side

Makes sense to me. They spent so long redesigning the driver system for Vista, and they already said Vista focused more on the technical side rather than the swishy side of things, so I don't see why not.

Windows 7 would be a good name for Microsoft to keep, for this new Windows.

First it was Windows ME then Windows XP followed by Windows Vista. Silly names.

I would prefer it to be called Windows OS XI Cheetah